Sign in to follow this  
BLS

How has McNabb looked in the preseason?

I haven't seen one Eagles game this preseason.

He's my starting QB in my big money league, and I got him for a steal ($4 in $100 cap).

I'm worried about his knee obviously though.

Also, what's your personal opinion on Lamont Jordan and Tatum Bell for this year?

I've been in this league for 10 years, and have never won it. Come close twice, but it's pi$$ing me off.

There's 12 teams, $600 entry fee.

Very TD heavy scoring, probably 80%/20%

McNabb

Shaun Alexander

Adrian Peterson

Tatum Bell

Lamont Jordan

Ladell Betts

M. Harrison

Joey Galloway

Calvin Johnson

Jacoby Jones

Bo Scaife

O. Mare

MAN, I Hope Adrian comes through. I could have a solid team for a 12 team league.

Can anybody just say how he looked? Jeebus..it's not that hard. :ninja:

Doesn't really matter how he looks in preseason.

Now, the fact that he'll be nowhere NEAR the stadium by week 9 may be an issue...

McNabb couldn't play 16 games in a row if he were playing Yatzee. :ninja:

He looked pretty good shredding my Panthers in the second preseason game. Didn't look hurried in the pocket. Progressed through his reads. IMO, going to be a stud again this season as long as he stays healthy.

Im in the same boat, when I drafted him, he was the sixth or seventh QB off the board and I felt there was too much upside to pass on him at that point. I ended up getting Eli as his backup and dont want to have to count on him every week so I hope he does stay healthy. He does more with crappier receivers than a lot of guys do with studs out there. Of course a lot of that is due to Westbrook taking swing passes 60 yards to the house :shocking:

Thanks for the input.

He scares me because I'm afraid he can't run. But Palmer made it all year last year on a fresh ACL tear, and didn't do too badly.

My biggest concern is I don't have a 2nd QB.

But Roethlisberger is out there, and I kinda think he's a sneaky pick this year.

I just don't know who to drop. I'd like to hang onto Jacoby Jones, because he could be special.

Before he got hurt last year McNabb was the co-MPV in our league with Tomlinson. ANd he does this with a suspect WR group. Curtis should help. WIth McNabb I feel you need to grab a good backup QB to cover yourself. I grabbed Schuab . SOmeone with upside.

Hes not 100% but said he was close 90% , I watched a few of the pre-season games and he looked fine. Sure he will not run like crazy but that should help him get through the season healthy hopefully.

He shaved his head.

:thumbsdown:

which makes his ears look big. Seems like McNafro doesn't work anymore. :(

But seriously, he's looked good in preseason. His progression is right on and his mobility is back. It's possible he could be a top 6 QB this season. Definitely someone on the rise if he can stay healthy, but that's a big IF.

which makes his ears look big. Seems like McNafro doesn't work anymore. :overhead:

But seriously, he's looked good in preseason. His progression is right on and his mobility is back. It's possible he could be a top 6 QB this season. Definitely someone on the rise if he can stay healthy, but that's a big IF.

He is the best QB in the league when he is healthy... if he is healthy, he is #1/2 QB, else he gets hurts.

McNabb's looked real good. Not only does he physically look better by losing the weight, he's also shed some of the company guy image of the past, and has been openly critical of team management.

He hasn't shown any issues with planting on that knee, his footwork is where it needs to be, and he's throwing the ball extremely well.

The only issue I see is that their current inability to run the ball is going to put the offense back on his shoulders, and the added exposure to opposing defenses may leave him succeptable to injury again.

McNabb's looked real good. Not only does he physically look better by losing the weight, he's also shed some of the company guy image of the past, and has been openly critical of team management.

He hasn't shown any issues with planting on that knee, his footwork is where it needs to be, and he's throwing the ball extremely well.

The only issue I see is that their current inability to run the ball is going to put the offense back on his shoulders, and the added exposure to opposing defenses may leave him succeptable to injury again.

Why don't you think they can run the ball?

Or do you just mean they can't pound the ball?

Because Westy averaged aruond 5 YPC last year... I know he can't really bang it through the tackles, like some others, but he gets it done..

Got him with Bulger as backup. When McNabb plays, he is as good as anyone. I don't think he is going to run anymore (miss those days when he was guaranteed at least three tds). He operates the west coast with precision and the Carolina preseason game showed that. Hope he lasts to the final game but happy with my backup.

The real question is why you would pony up 600 bones for a TD heavy league and draft Tatum Bell and Adrian Peterson, both of whom could gain decent yardage, but aren't GL machines. LaMont won't be anywhere near a goalline with that atrocious offense.

McNabb isn't your problem... RB2 is your problem

Why don't you think they can run the ball?

Or do you just mean they can't pound the ball?

Because Westy averaged aruond 5 YPC last year... I know he can't really bang it through the tackles, like some others, but he gets it done..

The main reason is that Shawn Andrews has missed alot of time during camp with injury, and truth be told, Runyan and Thomas are starting to block their age.

My feeling is that it's gonna take a few games for them to mesh once again, in which Reid's impatience may lead him back to throwing 70% of the time again (well, his pressure on Marty to call mainly passing plays, that is).

Got him with Bulger as backup. When McNabb plays, he is as good as anyone. I don't think he is going to run anymore (miss those days when he was guaranteed at least three tds). He operates the west coast with precision and the Carolina preseason game showed that. Hope he lasts to the final game but happy with my backup.

I have the same pair of QBs (McNabb dropped to the 7th and I had to take him) and am not sure who I want to start this first week. Who you going with?

I have been following the Eagles this pre-season and the best news so far has been McNabb and his performance to date. He is throwing with a lot of accuracy, seems to have no problem planting and has taken a couple of good hits. As far as the running game is concerned the Eagles O-line is set up to road block and Shawn Andrews, who has missed most of pre-season and is the Eagles best lineman, has returned to practice and is expected to be back for the Green Bay game. So the running game should be fine, which will help reduce the pressure on McNabb. Further the defense hasn't looked all that great, so the Eagles are going to have to score to win, which is good for Fantasy owners who have Philly players on their squad.

The main reason is that Shawn Andrews has missed alot of time during camp with injury, and truth be told, Runyan and Thomas are starting to block their age.

My feeling is that it's gonna take a few games for them to mesh once again, in which Reid's impatience may lead him back to throwing 70% of the time again (well, his pressure on Marty to call mainly passing plays, that is).

Yeah I hear that. I forgot about the injuries. The running game did look pretty inept with the starters during the preseason. I just chalked it up to playing vanilla.

I need Westy to produce, hopefully he makes it up in the passing game.

Going with McNabb for a couple of reasons. Donovan usually starts the season very fast and I have no faith in Packers defense. Heard Bulger sometimes gets off to slow start and I think Panthers still have a good defense. But, McNabb could go down on the first play and the Panthers defense could be shredded by Bulger. I never thought I would pray for the strength of a knee brace. :thumbsup:

Going with McNabb for a couple of reasons. Donovan usually starts the season very fast and I have no faith in Packers defense. Heard Bulger sometimes gets off to slow start and I think Panthers still have a good defense. But, McNabb could go down on the first play and the Panthers defense could be shredded by Bulger. I never thought I would pray for the strength of a knee brace. :music_guitarred:

Not to make your decision any harder, but the Panther defensive back field is a mess. Rams could score at will if Holt is healthy and they come out of the gate fast.

Yeah I hear that. I forgot about the injuries. The running game did look pretty inept with the starters during the preseason. I just chalked it up to playing vanilla.

I need Westy to produce, hopefully he makes it up in the passing game.

If you're in a PPR league, you're money.