Sign in to follow this  
Bert

CMH6476 Top 10 Excuses

10. If the offensive starters had more than one week to practice together we would have destroyed the Texans.

9. If we hadn't lost our #1 WR on the first play we would have won.

8. If the rookie kicker doesn't miss that field goal the offense would have rolled over the Texans.

7. If Andre Johnson hadn't had that long TD the defense would have dominated.

6. If we hadn't had so many turnovers we would have killed them.

5. If we hadn't had so many penalties we would have won easily.

4. If LJ had been 100% we would have run all over them.

3. If the refs hadn't screwed us on the fumble returned for a TD the offense would have dominated.

2. If global warming hadn't made it so hot and humid in Houston we would have won.

1. They just got lucky.

.....and if the queen had balls she would be king.......

It took a little longer than anticipated but, KC has been officially "HERM EDWARD`S. Good Luck this season. :overhead:

There will be no doubt that the Chefs are among the worst 5 NFL teams by week 8. I think in fantasy terms there may be some hope as they will be playing from behind a lot this year. For LJ owners not so good news but I think one of their wr's will emerge as a solid #3 in ppr leagues. Could be Parker or Bowe.

They will turn it around. They're not a playoff team, but they're still a pretty good football team. The D did a pretty good job, except the blown coverage by Pollard on the long Johnson TD. He's a young player learning the position still, if you checked my teamwork thread or anywhere else you wills ee I alluded to that. But the offense will get going, and they will be playing better football. Not going to win 10 games, but they'll be in the 6-9 win range...

They will turn it around. They're not a playoff team, but they're still a pretty good football team. The D did a pretty good job, except the blown coverage by Pollard on the long Johnson TD. He's a young player learning the position still, if you checked my teamwork thread or anywhere else you wills ee I alluded to that. But the offense will get going, and they will be playing better football. Not going to win 10 games, but they'll be in the 6-9 win range...

Finally, a concession.

Without sounding like I'm 'piling on', that D did a pretty good job against the Texans. The Texans are a one trick pony. Ahman Green scares nobody. I shudder to think what will happen against...

Chargers - twice

Denver - twice

Cinci

Indy

Detroit

No, the Texans destroyed them.

That makes them A PRETTY BAD FOOTBALL TEAM.

No, they won't turn it around.

Worst team in the NFL.

:thumbsdown:

10. If the offensive starters had more than one week to practice together we would have destroyed the Texans.

9. If we hadn't lost our #1 WR on the first play we would have won.

8. If the rookie kicker doesn't miss that field goal the offense would have rolled over the Texans.

7. If Andre Johnson hadn't had that long TD the defense would have dominated.

6. If we hadn't had so many turnovers we would have killed them.

5. If we hadn't had so many penalties we would have won easily.

4. If LJ had been 100% we would have run all over them.

3. If the refs hadn't screwed us on the fumble returned for a TD the offense would have dominated.

2. If global warming hadn't made it so hot and humid in Houston we would have won.

1. They just got lucky.

.....and if the queen had balls she would be king.......

:clap:

Finally, a concession.

Without sounding like I'm 'piling on', that D did a pretty good job against the Texans. The Texans are a one trick pony. Ahman Green scares nobody. I shudder to think what will happen against...

Chargers - twice

Denver - twice

Cinci

Indy

Detroit

I think the Texans may be the most improved team in the league this year, I think it's pretty evident they will finish behind the Colts but ahead of the jags and Titans.

They have two good DEs, and Dunta is a pretty good corner. Ryans is solid, overall the defense is pretty good IMO.

They have been working on the line for a number of years, but I think Schaub is light years ahead of Carr. With Kubiak running the team, they could make a push for the playoffs. The Chiefs did a pretty good job at containing Green, but I think he's going to have a nice bounceback year. Andre Johnson is going to have a great year with a QB that can actually get him the ball, and I think Jacoby Jones is going to eventually be a solid option opposite him. The Texans could quietly work their way to a wild card berth this year.

We haven't seen the Ravens or Bengals yet, but it isn't like the Broncos or Jets looked that impressive this weekend.

:dunno:

Chiefs will get their asses handed to them by the Bears, will probably beat the Vikings and then will get beat by the Chargers. After that I think this team will be playing more cohesively and you'll be better able to guage where their talent level is on the team.

At least our team needs are changing, McIntosh didn't look that bad yesterday, Bowe showed some flashes, and I saw some promise at the DT position. Jared Allen coming back for the home opener should also help the defense out. But now the team needs appear to be QB, WR, CB (to replace law and/or Surtain eventually) and OL depth. We're getting there, just going to take a little more time...

No, the Texans destroyed them.

That makes them A PRETTY BAD FOOTBALL TEAM.

No, they won't turn it around.

Worst team in the NFL.

Did you even watch. You could hardly call that a dominating performance by the Texans. They had the one long sustaining drive at the end, but after the ofeense lets you down and lets you down, the D is going to falter eventually. The long TD pass was blown coverage in the secondary, but we have young safeties, that's going to happen until they get better accustomed to their assignments and what they are suppossed to be doing.

And if you really followed the texans, then you should know they are quite a bit improved from what most people really expect...

Check out the Chiefs' schedule leading up to the bye:

at Chicago

Minnesota

at San Diego

Jacksonville

Cincinnati

at Oakland

My beloved Chiefs have a realistic chance of being 0-7 at the break!

I think the Texans may be the most improved team in the league this year, I think it's pretty evident they will finish behind the Colts but ahead of the jags and Titans.

They have two good DEs, and Dunta is a pretty good corner. Ryans is solid, overall the defense is pretty good IMO.

They have been working on the line for a number of years, but I think Schaub is light years ahead of Carr. With Kubiak running the team, they could make a push for the playoffs. The Chiefs did a pretty good job at containing Green, but I think he's going to have a nice bounceback year. Andre Johnson is going to have a great year with a QB that can actually get him the ball, and I think Jacoby Jones is going to eventually be a solid option opposite him. The Texans could quietly work their way to a wild card berth this year.

We haven't seen the Ravens or Bengals yet, but it isn't like the Broncos or Jets looked that impressive this weekend.

Chiefs will get their asses handed to them by the Bears, will probably beat the Vikings and then will get beat by the Chargers. After that I think this team will be playing more cohesively and you'll be better able to guage where their talent level is on the team.

At least our team needs are changing, McIntosh didn't look that bad yesterday, Bowe showed some flashes, and I saw some promise at the DT position. Jared Allen coming back for the home opener should also help the defense out. But now the team needs appear to be QB, WR, CB (to replace law and/or Surtain eventually) and OL depth. We're getting there, just going to take a little more time...

Denver looked good......their offense looked great even though they only scored 1 TD! Cutler, minus a couple Plummerish bonehead plays looked great. A win is a win, and the way it looks...it may take you till week 7-8 to get a win!!! :mellow: :rolleyes:

Denver looked good......their offense looked great even though they only scored 1 TD! Cutler, minus a couple Plummerish bonehead plays looked great. A win is a win, and the way it looks...it may take you till week 7-8 to get a win!!! :mellow: :rolleyes:

and KU will win the North :dunno:

After the preseason ended, the league announced that Kansas City was officially eliminated from the playoff race.

Today, a league spokesman announced a pending trade with the Canadian Football League of the Kansas City Chiefs for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. The trade is being held up because the CFL is demanding that Herm Edwards not be part of the deal.

After the preseason ended, the league announced that Kansas City was officially eliminated from the playoff race.

Today, a league spokesman announced a pending trade with the Canadian Football League of the Kansas City Chiefs for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. The trade is being held up because the CFL is demanding that Herm Edwards not be part of the deal.

Classic!!! :overhead:

Best hope they can beat the Vikings, but from what I saw yesterday (from the Vikes and Chefs), that's iffy at best. Could realistically be looking at 2-5 (or worse) by the bye week. 2 half doesn't look a whole lot easier either. I'll be curious to see how you guys play against OAK.

Did you even watch. You could hardly call that a dominating performance by the Texans. They had the one long sustaining drive at the end, but after the ofeense lets you down and lets you down, the D is going to falter eventually. The long TD pass was blown coverage in the secondary, but we have young safeties, that's going to happen until they get better accustomed to their assignments and what they are suppossed to be doing.

And if you really followed the texans, then you should know they are quite a bit improved from what most people really expect...

so basically you are saying in 1 post that the texans might push for a wild card berth, but in the other you basically say that they are the suck and only had 1 drive.

the funny thing is that even with the texans sucking as bad as they do, that a sh1t team with 1 good drive is all it takes to beat the 2007 kansas city chiefs.

hell, I bet the raiders win 1 of the 2 they play against the chiefs this year. and you know the chargers/Broncos will sweep them. Cause like you just said. 1 drive is basically all it takes to beat the chiefs. and the Chargers/Broncos are light years ahead of the texans.

BTW, 470yards is the amount of offense the Broncos put up against the Bills who have a better team in all facets than the chiefs.

so basically you are saying in 1 post that the texans might push for a wild card berth, but in the other you basically say that they are the suck and only had 1 drive.

the funny thing is that even with the texans sucking as bad as they do, that a sh1t team with 1 good drive is all it takes to beat the 2007 kansas city chiefs.

hell, I bet the raiders win 1 of the 2 they play against the chiefs this year. and you know the chargers/Broncos will sweep them. Cause like you just said. 1 drive is basically all it takes to beat the chiefs. and the Chargers/Broncos are light years ahead of the texans.

BTW, 470yards is the amount of offense the Broncos put up against the Bills who have a better team in all facets than the chiefs.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying. I think the Texans are good and a playoff team, but at the same time I think the Chiefs did a good job containing them. I think they'll have more success against lesser Ds, even though this Chiefs D isn't Bears or Chargers good, I still see them as a mid-tier defense.

The Chiefs could be the worst team in the league and cmh would still pick out the one quality player on the roster all the while saying we're one or two pieces away. The Raiders had a great defense last year but guess what?, they still sucked and were one of the worst teams if not the worst in the league. I don't care for the Chiefs one way or the other but this team on paper is lousy and is going nowhere but downward fast. I'm all for the optimistic, glass half full outlook but a reality check is in order. KC will need a complete revamping of talent and coaching before they approach being a formidable team any time soon. And sadly for Chiefs fans that process hasn't started yet.