Sign in to follow this  
Yer mom

***Official Week 3 College Football Wagering Thread***

Thursdays play:

Maryland +10 1st half

Maryland +17 game

:sigh:

Well gentlemen, looks like I may be the only bozo going the other way in the Thursday night affair between WV and Maryland. I cant blame a soul for jumping on WV as they have rolled up on every opponent and have an average margin of victory of 32 and here the line is 16.5.

WV absolutely buried the Terps in Morgantown last year so im looking at redemption with a live home dog here, their also on the cusp of cracking the top 25. Just so I dont appear to be out of my mind if WV wins by 50, here are the angles im playing:

Maryland has possibly the best/deepest recieving corp in the ACC (Their 7 best WR's all return from last year) and WV couldnt stop Marshall from throwing for 266 yards. They also have two great RBs and WV's defense has given up 23+ points in 8 straight games going back to last year, Maryland should control the time of possession. The whole key to this cover though (should it happen) will be Marylands D. WV lost a few key O-linemen and the Terps D is very large, fast (and unknown) and they have depth, enough that it should force White to have to win with his arm (which he very well could). WV in their first two games have rolled the score up in the 2nd half of the games when D's got tired, Maryland has the ability to plug in new players and remain fresh, I figure them to atleast contain White and Slaton. The D unit for Maryland has also been on the field less than any other team in the nation after two weeks, their rested and should be absolutely fired up after last years debacle.

I had the WV team total OVER 42.5 last week and when they had 6 at halftime, I figured it was a surefire loser and was amazed to win. Point being, only having 6 against Marshall in the first half, and a weaker and more tired D unit than Maryland I expect the depth to be the difference here holding WV to under 40 points, and assume the Terps to score the 23 point average that everyone else has against WV.

I'll kick my own azz if they dont cover...

Good Luck!!

Guest _my_2_cents_
Thursdays play:

Maryland +10 1st half

Maryland +17 game

:sigh:

Well gentlemen, looks like I may be the only bozo going the other way in the Thursday night affair between WV and Maryland. I cant blame a soul for jumping on WV as they have rolled up on every opponent and have an average margin of victory of 32 and here the line is 16.5.

WV absolutely buried the Terps in Morgantown last year so im looking at redemption with a live home dog here, their also on the cusp of cracking the top 25. Just so I dont appear to be out of my mind if WV wins by 50, here are the angles im playing:

Maryland has possibly the best/deepest recieving corp in the ACC (Their 7 best WR's all return from last year) and WV couldnt stop Marshall from throwing for 266 yards. They also have two great RBs and WV's defense has given up 23+ points in 8 straight games going back to last year, Maryland should control the time of possession. The whole key to this cover though (should it happen) will be Marylands D. WV lost a few key O-linemen and the Terps D is very large, fast (and unknown) and they have depth, enough that it should force White to have to win with his arm (which he very well could). WV in their first two games have rolled the score up in the 2nd half of the games when D's got tired, Maryland has the ability to plug in new players and remain fresh, I figure them to atleast contain White and Slaton. The D unit for Maryland has also been on the field less than any other team in the nation after two weeks, their rested and should be absolutely fired up after last years debacle.

I had the WV team total OVER 42.5 last week and when they had 6 at halftime, I figured it was a surefire loser and was amazed to win. Point being, only having 6 against Marshall in the first half, and a weaker and more tired D unit than Maryland I expect the depth to be the difference here holding WV to under 40 points, and assume the Terps to score the 23 point average that everyone else has against WV.

I'll kick my own azz if they dont cover...

Good Luck!!

braver man than me. :thumbsup:

For those of you on Cincy, just a word of caution. I'm not saying it's a bad pick. But Cincy and Miami OH is a big time rivalry backyard brawl. And Miami OH has been a dog of 6 and 8.5, and covered both of their games this year, in back door fashion. Miami is improved, and Cincy is improved. Weird things happen in rivalry games, especially laying almost double digits on the road. I've bet both teams in every lined game thus far this year, with very nice results, but something has to give.

Just some food for thought.

Another angle going on is that Coach Kelly for UC has stated this week that he no longer wants to play at Miami since they aren't in a BCS conference. The Miami people are taking this as an insult and will have a little extra incentive for what could be the final game of this series in Oxford.

wanted to ask this before the season....

this is my 4th year of sports betting and still trying to learn about money management...

anyone know of any good articles or books...like how much of my bankroll i should be betting on each game etc and how to set goals for the seasons...

I understand how units work but how does one determine what 1 unit should be equal to?

thanks in advance

wanted to ask this before the season....

this is my 4th year of sports betting and still trying to learn about money management...

anyone know of any good articles or books...like how much of my bankroll i should be betting on each game etc and how to set goals for the seasons...

I understand how units work but how does one determine what 1 unit should be equal to?

thanks in advance

If you are following strict bankroll managment then you should only be betting 1-2% of your bankroll on each game. This 1-2% is what makes up a unit.

As far as goals. Thats up to the person. My goal this season was to follow good bankroll management and take more time before making my picks. Hopefully if I can do that then I can turn a small profit.

Good luck.

Tonight's games

I too am one of the few that are on Maryland. I don't really like the way that WVU's D has been playing. They had some trouble (in the 1st half, at least) with a Marshall team whose offense is lackluster, at best. I honestly think that WVU feels that they can turn it on whenever they choose (which may very well be the case). However, I think this will come back to haunt them at some point during the season. Also, I like the revenge factor tonight, just like Yer Mom. I remember that game last year; it was ugly. WVU ran the ball all over them. Maryland remembers that and will come out fired up.

Maryland's D is a pretty fast group that is solid against the run. On offense, I like their RBs. I think Lattimore is a very solid runner, and should have a very good year. Ball is good too. And, as Yer Mom said, they return their top 7 receivers. While they weren't great last year, a year in the system makes a big difference.

I just think the line is a bit high, especially when it is a home dog.

Maryland +16.5 - 2 units

I don't see a lot of points being scored in the Air Force/TCU game. TCU, as we all know, has a very solid D. The surprising thing thus far this year is the AF defense. They are giving up an average of 7.5 points a game. Granted their two games were against a injury-laden Utah team, and South Carolina State, which makes that number a bit deceiving. With that being said, it is impressive nonetheless. I don't necessarily love this play, but am willing to put a unit down on it.

AF/TCU - Under 42 - 1 unit

Edit: The rest of you knuckleheads, don't worry about defending me. I can handle myself. But thanks anyway.

F'n ingrate!

That's a game I haven't dug into yet that deeply. UNLV is 2-0 ATS, beating a scrappy Utah St on the road, in come from behind fashion, then hung in there with Wisconsin, which cashed a 2 unit ticket for me. UNLV looks improved, and playing with urgency. The X factor is Hawaii's defense. I had high hopes for them, but they really looked awful against the below average La Tech offense last week. Granted, Hawaii has now had clunkers in La Tech two visits in a row, but I was amazed that it reached double OT. You know I am a big fan of Colt Brennan and the Hawaii team. I am not sure what I think of the game yet. If anything, the UNLV Wisky close game, and Hawaii's close call, might create a bit of line value with Hawaii, but I have to crunch some numbers. I won't have a play until Friday night at earliest. Sorry for the deflection.

Thanks for the insight

Nothing to worry about. I think JT was just saying that a couple of others in this thread took Oregon this weekend too. Granted, Michigan might have been a "public" choice, but the guys in this thread are pretty sharp and are not the "betting public" Hell, I know that I had a 2 unit bet on Oregon as well. It's been established that when a highly ranked team loses for the first time, the popular opinion is that they bounce back the next week, angry, and ready to kick the sh!t out of somebody. The problem is that nearly 70% of the time, that same team doesn't cover the following week. It's the "bubble burst" theory. A team realizes that they can't win the national championship, and they simply don't have the same emotion or sense of urgency. Something to keep an eye on through the rest of the season.

Keep posting. :first:

hmmmmmmm...I got to tell you that this will be my last post because I can't take Philly Bears Lies anymore. He just stated in Thread # 29 that he only had ONE of Dr. Bobs picks and it was Cincy ( college ) and even posted his plays for the Day and now states in this Thread that he had OREGON for a 2 unit play..I don't see that in thread # 29?? Dude, When you can't keep up with your lies its time to admit stealing Bob's picks over the years and saying it was your handicapping. Also I guess I was right..its Thursday at 11:35 AM and still no picks from you.......No need to worry..Bob's will be available in a little while as You see Philly Bear..I am a Bob Client. And We don't care for people who gets his picks for FREE! I forgot..didn't you have South Carolina on Saturday also....another Bob Winner and post # 29 doesn't state that either.

I got to tell you that this will be my last post ...

:bandana:

I tuned out after this piece of great news which I'm confident will turn out to be bullsh!t! But the fact you won't be stalking philly or Ditka anymore is great news. Now they can continue their underground bookie careers from Temple in peace. :unsure:

hmmmmmmm...I got to tell you that this will be my last post because I can't take Philly Bears Lies anymore.

BYE!!! :bandana:

hmmmmmmm...I got to tell you that this will be my last post

about time, no one likes you here anyway.

:headbanger:

And We don't care for people who gets his picks for FREE!

What fu<king difference does it make to you if someone gets Bob's picks for free or if Philly is posting his picks here? Are you his gay lover or some sh!t?

Just beat it... No one cares to weed through your high school stalking posts... We get it... you were little kid who was picked on and now your on the Internet pretending to be an e-thug... Gee... That's a new idea... :shocking:

Good riddance to Greyhound!

As for tonights games, I think the lines are pretty good and looking at the public sentiment and line movements I don't see any real significant trends. It seems like a night to take off, but since I am somewhat of a compulsive gambler, I will probably make a small wager one way or another.

whatever for geighhound, what a noncontributing dickhole... like i give a squat about a handicappers honesty when, honestly, the dude helps me stack cash. anyways, speaking of noncontributions... a dude who's information i respect has been in my ear, trying to talk me out of locking southern cal in at 10.5. i am aware that the going line is running closer to 9.5. are we really scared usc is unproven or untested?

lousville's this week's deadbolt... carry on

Take Nebraska and the points... They are playing well and the the Neb QB is the same one who lit up USC up a few years ago when he played for Az St. This game will be a shootout and USC may win, but it wont be by 10+

I'm taking the points! :first:

hmmmmmmm...I got to tell you that this will be my last post because I can't take Philly Bears Lies anymore. He just stated in Thread # 29 that he only had ONE of Dr. Bobs picks and it was Cincy ( college ) and even posted his plays for the Day and now states in this Thread that he had OREGON for a 2 unit play..I don't see that in thread # 29?? Dude, When you can't keep up with your lies its time to admit stealing Bob's picks over the years and saying it was your handicapping. Also I guess I was right..its Thursday at 11:35 AM and still no picks from you.......No need to worry..Bob's will be available in a little while as You see Philly Bear..I am a Bob Client. And We don't care for people who gets his picks for FREE! I forgot..didn't you have South Carolina on Saturday also....another Bob Winner and post # 29 doesn't state that either.

This is as far as Im going to get involved in this, but....I follow ALL plays on these threads and I remember specifically philly taking Oregon for 2 units. Don't know and don't care what your problem is but here is the thread & post....check the early plays about 1/2 way down.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...0&start=360

Early

Northwestern (-10) LOSER

Wake Forest (+8.5) WINNER

Miami OH (+8.5) WINNER

Eastern Michigan (+3.5) LOSER

Vanderbilt (+3.5) LOSER

Temple (-3.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Colorado St (+14) for 2 units WINNER!!

Oregon (+7) for 2 units WINNER!!

Washington (+3) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

South Carolina (+3.5) for 2 units WINNER!!

Mississippi (+6) LOSER

Penn St (-18) for 2 units WINNER!!

North Carolina (+4.5) WINNER

BYU (+7.5) LOSER!!

Air Force (+7.5) for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

Edit: Air Force 2nd Half for 3 units WINNER!!!!!

Troy (+26.5) LOSER!!

Late

Baylor (-7) WINNER

TCU (+9) for 2 units LOSER!!

Tulane (+5.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

Florida International (+24) for 2 units WINNER!!

Central Michigan (-3) for 3 units WINNER

Edit: Adding Central Mich (pk)@-125 2nd H for 3 units WINNER

Hawaii (-27.5) for 3 units LOSER!!

Edit: Adding Hawaii (-14) 2nd H for 3 units LOSER!!

Arkansas St (+3.5) Postponed

SMU (-17.5) for 2 units LOSER!!

South Florida (+7) WINNER

Virginia Tech (+11) for 2 units LOSER!!

New Mexico St (+7) for 2 units LOSER!!

UNLV (+25.5) for 2 units WINNER

Good luck to all.

Neb QB is the same one who lit up USC up a few years ago when he played for Az St. This game will be a shootout and USC may win, but it wont be by 10+

I'm taking the points! :angry:

One of the reasons Keller transferred to Nebraska was because Nebraska plays at home against USC this year. I have been telling my buddy for 3 weeks that this game is going to be a shootout, and expected to get a line at about 60+. Needless to say I was elated when it came out yesterday at 51, im going huge on that, and Keller should have a monster day. We already know USC will come out and score at least 35-38+ points.

Laffer on the over at 51 <_<

ETA: The TEAM TOTAL for USC is 29.5, there is no way with 2 weeks preparation they wont score a minimum of 31, gonna play heavy on that as well.

Good Luck!!

My post simply pointed out my 3 unit plays. I played about 30 games total on Saturday. Oregon and South Carolina were smaller plays, but I did not mention them in the post because I was simply talking about my top plays. I don't lie, simple as that. If I ever make a mistake, I would appreciate it if someone would point it out to me. However, you brought up something completely unrelated to the topic at hand. That is known as a "non sequitur".

Sigh. Reading comprehension is something that is necessary to get through life. Please give it more practice. Also, I'm starting to enjoy the heckling. However, you're really awful at trying to make any kind of rational argument. Please, bring more to the table. I like a challenge. I don't particularly like cluttering up this thread. So try to jot some of your angry, accusatory thoughts on some paper, make up a simple list, then post all of your non sequiturs in one simple post. Thanks buddy. Good luck this week.

Phillybear, are you making a play on tonights game, or are you going to wait until tomorrow with Troy?

fyi on hawaii, they stayed on the mainland this week (houston, i think) and didn't travel back to Hawaii after LA tech...should make for an easier trip to Vegas.

Thursdays play:

Maryland +10 1st half

Maryland +17.5 game

Decided to buy Maryland up to 17.5 incase this Thursday follows suit from last Thursday and lands on the number.

Good Luck!!

CFL 25-16; +20.3 units

Overall NCAA YTD: 34-29-1; +4.6 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 24-19-1; 5.5 units

Subset: 1st or 2nd H plays: 6-2; +8.7 units

Thursday

West Virginia (-16.5) for 2 units WINNER

Adding: Air Force (+3) 2nd H for 2 units WINNER

West Virg is seeing 65% of the action, which is down from 78% last night.

Maryland is 3-8 ATS last 11 at home

Maryland is 2-6 ATS last 8 in non conference

Maryland is 0-5 ATS last 5 at home vs non conference

Maryland averages 349 total yards and gives up 175 yards

West Virginia averages 527 total yards and gives 332 yards

Maryland has put up good defensive numbers, but at the expense of Villanova (Div 1-AA) and Flor International, two very weak opponents. Last year, Maryland got a bunch of second half scores to dress up a 45-24 loss to West Virginia, in a game not nearly as close as the final scores. Not a lot has changed from that game. West Virginia might actually be better on offense, rolling up over 500 yards per game vs a decent Western Michigan team, and did nearly all their damage last week vs Marshall in the second half. Obviously, WV is explosive. But Maryland won't come close to matching them on the scoreboard with their rather limited offense. West Virginia can name the score here, and judging by last weeks 2nd half massacre, I think WV might be of the mindset to run up scores against everybody this year. Maryland simply does poorly in non conference games and has played poorly at home.

I might make a 2nd half play on TCU/AF, but I just can't play this game right now. TCU is the much better team. In fact, TCU is 14-2 SU and 12-4 ATS in conference games since they joined the Mountain West. They have blown out AF the last few years, and have a speedy defense to handle Air Force's running oriented offense, although AF is trying to throw more this year. TCU led 10-3 in the 2nd H vs Texas last week before falling apart, turning the ball over 4 times, setting up Texas's offense with short fields. Overall, AF has much better stats, gaining 423 and allowing 237 per game while TCU gains 319 and allows 349, but it came at the expense of much worse and injured opponents. Everything seems to point to TCU....but.....this is huge. RB Aaron Brown, the best offensive player for TCU will miss his second straight game. And TCU had a horrible rushing attack last week. TCU will be hard pressed to score points with their first year starter/freshman QB playing on the road. Hell, TCU only had 3 points of offense last week. I just can't lay that many points without Brown there. Passing on the game.

CFL 25-16; +20.3 units

Overall NCAA YTD: 34-29-1; +4.6 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 24-19-1; 5.5 units

Subset: 1st or 2nd H plays: 6-2; +8.7 units

Thursday

West Virginia (-16.5) for 2 units

West Virg is seeing 65% of the action, which is down from 78% last night.

Maryland is 3-8 ATS last 11 at home

Maryland is 2-6 ATS last 8 in non conference

Maryland is 0-5 ATS last 5 at home vs non conference

Maryland averages 349 total yards and gives up 175 yards

West Virginia averages 527 total yards and gives 332 yards

Maryland has put up good defensive numbers, but at the expense of Villanova (Div 1-AA) and Flor International, two very weak opponents. Last year, Maryland got a bunch of second half scores to dress up a 45-24 loss to West Virginia, in a game not nearly as close as the final scores. Not a lot has changed from that game. West Virginia might actually be better on offense, rolling up over 500 yards per game vs a decent Western Michigan team, and did nearly all their damage last week vs Marshall in the second half. Obviously, WV is explosive. But Maryland won't come close to matching them on the scoreboard with their rather limited offense. West Virginia can name the score here, and judging by last weeks 2nd half massacre, I think WV might be of the mindset to run up scores against everybody this year. Maryland simply does poorly in non conference games and has played poorly at home.

I might make a 2nd half play on TCU/AF, but I just can't play this game right now. TCU is the much better team. In fact, TCU is 14-2 SU and 12-4 ATS in conference games since they joined the Mountain West. They have blown out AF the last few years, and have a speedy defense to handle Air Force's running oriented offense, although AF is trying to throw more this year. TCU led 10-3 in the 2nd H vs Texas last week before falling apart, turning the ball over 4 times, setting up Texas's offense with short fields. Overall, AF has much better stats, gaining 423 and allowing 237 per game while TCU gains 319 and allows 349, but it came at the expense of much worse and injured opponents. Everything seems to point to TCU....but.....this is huge. RB Aaron Brown, the best offensive player for TCU will miss his second straight game. And TCU had a horrible rushing attack last week. TCU will be hard pressed to score points with their first year starter/freshman QB playing on the road. Hell, TCU only had 3 points of offense last week. I just can't lay that many points without Brown there. Passing on the game.

It always is comforting to see pb and i on the same side.... :lol:

I played WV early in the week and I am playing Under 42 in the Air Force game... Lots of running and lots of defense will hopefully keep the score 21-17 or something like that.

Fellas:

YTD Posted 1-3

WVU -16.5

I haven't been around much for a number of reasons..but I like WVU tonight because of Slaton getting his scholarship pulled by Ralphie.

Leaning on TCU and Troy on Friday.

Saturday: Buckeyes, Texas Tech, BYU, FSU and Louisville are jumping out at me. Agree that Neb/USC Over should be a winner.

Gl to all...I probably won't be in much but you all are in good hands with Ditka, PB and Yer Mom.

if u think the score is going to be 21-17 then y wouldnt u take the points as well??

maybe because I said "or something like that"... could be a lot of things... The one thing I dont think it will be is high scoring... TCU could win 14-3 for all I care... That's why... <_<

The lines are moving for several games. Interesting to watch.

That Miami OH line just tumbled.

Kansas going up and up.

Kentucky line is tumbling down.

The lines are moving for several games. Interesting to watch.

That Miami OH line just tumbled.

Kansas going up and up.

Kentucky line is tumbling down.

Yep. Those are the three he has this week. Miami OH, Kansas, and Kentucky. Dam, those lines move quick.

thought i would see more chatter before the 2 games tonight I see phillis on WV for 2 units how about the other game anyone have anything?/

thought i would see more chatter before the 2 games tonight I see phillis on WV for 2 units how about the other game anyone have anything?/

Taking the points and going with air force, think they can keep it a tight game if not win it, being at home with TCU's RB out and a freshman QB.

Have to take TCU. Even though they are short handed tonight, i love the fact that they just lost a tough one to texas. It was a 10-10 game at the end of the third with Texas exploding in the fourth quarter for 24 points. Gotta like TCU. TCU has a lto to prove tonight

Yep. Those are the three he has this week. Miami OH, Kansas, and Kentucky. Dam, those lines move quick.

Are you answering yourself??? Of course the lines are changing...they are with Dr. Bob's Picks. Let me know when YOU change the line in vegas..haha. Also, make sure to add Bob's plays to your selections this week...as usual, but, better this time..say their Bob's and not yours. You would get my respect you slug....and I'll be up in Philly over Thanksgiving..hope we can get together for my collection. I'm out.