Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Dallas homers

Whats the latest on Terence Newman? Plaxico ate up his back up. I was thinking of starting Chambers is Newman is still out. Any news???

i wouldn't go so far as to say reeves got "ate up" by plax--over half of burress' yardage came against other DBs, notably henry (who gave up the 60yd TD). the real problem was lack of pressure. that said, reeves is certainly a weakness when compared to newman.

there is no definite word yet on TN's status. he was a gametime decision last week, and his injury is primarily rehabbed with rest, so odds are that he will play. he has practiced this week on a limited basis. also noteworthy is that ellis is also practicing, so the pressure situation should be better for the cowboys this week, even if only on the nickel/dime.

without knowing what your other matchups are, plan for an improvement in dallas coverage this week, and go from there. if chambers looks like a good start, start him. after all, if the dallas offense is clicking again this week, the miami passing game will get a workout.

[edit: just got the ellis news. this degrades our D outlook]

Its been reported that Newman has practiced the last 2 days, but it will probably be a game-time decision. As far as his back-up getting burned...... actually Reeves did a decent job, if we actually had another safety that could cover, Plaixco wouldn't have torched the Boys as bad. That being said, I still expect Dallas to either trade for CB help or try and get someone off the street, soon.

I think they should sit Newman this week, as they won't need him vs. Miami. His injury sounds like one that could nag on all focking season if not allowed to heal properly the first time.

Newman should see some good PT this week. I dont know if he will start but my guess is they will try and trot him out there as much as possible after last week's fiasco. If they can control the game, I would not expect to see him a lot.

I'd sit him for 8+ weeks, and make that foot is 100% when he returns. We can go 4-4 at worst without him and then bring him in to stop the falloff on the november/december cowboys. This is the nfc, they can make the playoffs going 9-7 easily.

They sucked covering the deep ball with newman, so it really doesn't matter. just mention the name Santana moss, and Cowboy fan faints!

clueless. moss beat aaron glenn on both long TDs. get your facts straight.

newman has given up a total of 4 TDs in his last 32 games.

Its been reported that Newman has practiced the last 2 days, but it will probably be a game-time decision. As far as his back-up getting burned...... actually Reeves did a decent job, if we actually had another safety that could cover, Plaixco wouldn't have torched the Boys as bad. That being said, I still expect Dallas to either trade for CB help or try and get someone off the street, soon.

It is possible to get secondary players off the street. The Seahawks started an insurance salesman in their playoff game last year. :doublethumbsup:

clueless. moss beat aaron glenn on both long TDs. get your facts straight.

newman has given up a total of 4 TDs in his last 32 games.

I don't care who was covering who. This team sucks covering the deep ball period. Just watch Redskin game or 3.

I don't care who was covering who. This team sucks covering the deep ball period. Just watch Redskin game or 3.

Okay....so it's fair to say in general, the Philadelphia Eagles suck at winning NFC Championship games and Superbowls with McNabb at quarterback (or anyone else at QB for that matter, lol).

Whats the latest on Terence Newman? Plaxico ate up his back up. I was thinking of starting Chambers is Newman is still out. Any news???

start chambers with confidence. as a dallas homer, im praying he doesnt even play and somehow we survive without him for another game or two. he's having trouble even planting on it in practice .....it doesnt sound good. chambers vs. a backup corner, or a gimpy newman, with Dallas still trying to get it together (after last weeks shootout)? you have to like that matchup.

scintillating analysis. i like mine better: the redskins didnt even make the playoffs last year. look at the scoreboard dude. lol.