Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

McNabb says black QBs criticized more than white QBs

remember last year when we were having outright wars here about McNabb and the Eagles? there were eagles fans all over this board. now a lot of them have left.

i was stating this stuff last year. i can't stand mcnabb. he totally rubs me the wrong way. and that stupid response he gives is not only another pathetic excuse.......it's racist. hell no, you can't have it both ways.

this guy's an idiot and the faster philly cans him for Kolb, the better for philly. the donovan experiment is over. i hope to hell the packers don't go after mcnabb to follow favre.

We're still here, azzhat.

I find it quite comical that EVERYONE here knows exactly what it's like to be a black quarterback in the NFL, because so many people are in the know enough to be judge and jury on this subject.

McNabb gets criticized for towing the company line. Wasn't it TO who insinuated he was an Uncle Tom? Now the guy is forthright, honest and open, and he's suddenly called a "crybaby"?

McNabb didn't raise this question in the interview. The interview was about Donovan McNabb and his career/life. It had NOTHING to do with being a black quarterback in the NFL. Brown asked him this pointed question, and he answered it in an honest fashion. Why did Brown ask him the question? Maybe because black quarterbacks are treated differently in the NFL, and Brown wanted more insight from McNabb.

Most people like kicking people when they're down, I understand that (because Eagle fans have been doing it to Cowboy fans for the past 7 years or so), and honestly, what goes around comes around.

I do think, however, that people need to be honest with themselves, realize that there is a racial divide, and that not talking about it will never close that divide.

By not discussing it maybe tells people that some on the one side are happy with that divide and would like it to remain that way.

I will tell you there are alot of bigotted Eagle fans who've been waiting for McNabb to fail, and that is just totally wrong.

I've said my peace. I hope Reid can get his focking head back in the game, run the focking ball, not allow his 75% healthy QB throw the focking ball 40+ times a game, and let their best player, Brian Westbrook, take the focking team into the win column.

:)

I do think, however, that people need to be honest with themselves, realize that there is a racial divide, and that not talking about it will never close that divide.

2 things:

1 - I don't care who initiated the question - the comments he made were completely unsupported by his "evidence."

2 - Stop with that cliche' that "not talking about a racial divide means we'll never close it." Reality - talking about a racial divide is like picking the scab off of your skinned knee. It will never heal because people don't know HOW to talk about it in a meaningful capacity in order to come up with a solution. People have differences. People will always exploit those differences and it isn't just "whitey" who does it. When "talking about it" means people say they want financial reparations because their ancestors were slaves... when "talking about it" means that people say Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning don't get criticized when your performance isn't up to theirs... when people just say that AAs should "get over slavery and move on" - the racial divide doesn't close.

He should shut the fock up and play football and stop fanning the flames of the racial divide. His comments are throwing gasoline on a fire, not meaningful dialogue discussing potential resolutions. This, from a very pissed off McNabb and Eagles fan.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I am starting to think that all the criticism I take on this forum is because I'm a Jew. I think people have higher expectations of Jews because they are perceived to be intelligent, then when I post they hold me to a higher standard.

Sure there are those who will say that message boards are "desirous of a Jewish poster to do well" but I lash out at that generalization with bitter impotent rage.

It's really not fair. I'm holding a press conference today at 4:00. You're all invited.

2 things:

1 - I don't care who initiated the question - the comments he made were completely unsupported by his "evidence."

2 - Stop with that cliche' that "not talking about a racial divide means we'll never close it." Reality - talking about a racial divide is like picking the scab off of your skinned knee. It will never heal because people don't know HOW to talk about it in a meaningful capacity in order to come up with a solution. People have differences. People will always exploit those differences and it isn't just "whitey" who does it. When "talking about it" means people say they want financial reparations because their ancestors were slaves... when "talking about it" means that people say Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning don't get criticized when your performance isn't up to theirs... when people just say that AAs should "get over slavery and move on" - the racial divide doesn't close.

He should shut the fock up and play football and stop fanning the flames of the racial divide. His comments are throwing gasoline on a fire, not meaningful dialogue discussing potential resolutions. This, from a very pissed off McNabb and Eagles fan.

The guy offered up his views and opinions when asked a question about them. First he gets ripped for being an Uncle Tom, now he's being ripped for discussing race in public.

I have no problems with what he said. Why? Because I'm not a black man, playing QB in the NFL, in a town known for their hostility towards their athletes. He gave a candid and honest interview BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, and now people want to crucify him for his honesty.

Randall Cunningham got treated like crap in Philly when he was here, and it was only after he left and played well in Minnesota did Eagle fans realize how good the guy was.

As a huge Eagle and McNabb fan, I find it sad that no one is willing to see that McNabb is human, that he has an opinion on things, and that he makes mistakes.

People talk about the timing of this interview. Is it McNabb's fault on the timing, or is it HBO deciding to air the interview at a time when McNabb is under fire for the team's crappy play?

After all, the interview was done prior to the start of the season. :pointstosky:

Reaction proves race is still an issue

By David Aldridge, Inquirer Columnist

Donovan McNabb is not the one obsessed with race. You are.

Your reaction to two minutes of an interview he gave to HBO on Aug. 31 - and which aired Tuesday - proves his point.

Most black folks, save the careerists who make a living fanning racial flames, don't spend their days and nights thinking about their color and how their lives are different because of it. It's a fact of life, like "the sun rises in the east" or "the Phillies have no bullpen."

But if they're asked about it, they don't lie, either. Then they move on. You don't.

For some reason, you are compelled to call the radio station, e-mail the newspaper and vote in the online poll, expressing your outrage that someone, as you so often put it, played the race card.

Let's say this one more time. Race is not a "card," and this is not a game.

Here's what McNabb said to HBO's James Brown, as part of a nearly two-hour interview about his life and career: Black quarterbacks "have to do a little bit extra" and are criticized more than white ones.

To say that that is not at all true is to be willfully ignorant. It's like saying women with 36D chests are treated exactly the same as women with 32A cups, or that guys who can play don't get more attention from the ladies than guys with no game whatsoever. (Why are you looking at me like that?)

"I am absolutely amazed by the furor that this has created," Brown said yesterday as he boarded a plane.

McNabb, Brown said, spoke "in an innocent, matter-of-fact position. He knows how tough the press is in Philly, but he said, 'I'm fine with that. I know I have to win.' "

I wanted to ask McNabb exactly what "a little bit extra" meant at the NovaCare Complex yesterday, but he opted to let it go without further comment. I don't think it's hard to discern, though: Things are better, but not all the way better.

The overt racism of the 1960s and '70s, when black men weren't allowed the play the position, is long gone. Now, JaMarcus Russell, a black quarterback playing in the deep South, is taken first overall in the draft without anyone blinking an eye. That is progress.

And, yes, there are more coaches and GMs with open minds, who'll tailor their system to a black quarterback's talents - like Jeff Fisher and Norm Chow in Tennessee, who've developed a hybrid offense for Vince Young that lets him do what he's good at doing.

But progress does not equal total equality.

"People have said to me, 'J.B., you can't argue that there hasn't been a lot of progress,' " said Brown, who also hosts CBS's NFL Today studio show. "Of course there's been a lot of progress, from a numerical standpoint. There's also such a thing as the quality of progress. On a daily basis, [black quarterbacks] are having to deal with insinuations about their intelligence . . . and it's hurtful."

But what about Rex Grossman? you wail. He gets ripped all the time and he's a white guy!

OK.

Rex Grossman stinks on ice. He should be criticized more than McNabb. The only Pro Bowl he's getting in is the one he buys a ticket to see. But that doesn't mean McNabb, the five-time Pro Bowler, who's made chicken salad out of Torrance Small, doesn't get more flak than he should.

And Rex Grossman has never had to deal with some overweight buffoon going on national television and saying the media want him to succeed because he's white. John Elway and Peyton Manning may have been ripped after losing playoff games, but they never had some hack politician say they're not "white enough" for his liking.

Black folks know what that's code for: House Negro. Uncle Tom. And those slurs cut black people to the bone, much deeper than someone using the N-word.

You can lead a team to the Super Bowl, like McNabb, or run for president, like Barack Obama, and there will be those among your own kind who will cast doubt on your blackness, as if they alone can define what an authentic African American experience entails.

McNabb also said this to Brown: "It bothered me, because here we are, you know, trying to work together in some, in so many ways . . . you would think that you would have the support at least from the African American community, who understand, at least, 85 or 90 percent of what you're going through."

Remember, he said black QBs are criticized more. You just assumed he meant only by white folks.

You say, "get over it."

Brother, you never get over it.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Reaction proves race is still an issue

By David Aldridge, Inquirer Columnist

wow - couldn't find a less respected journalist, eh?

:blink:

Here's a tip:

So far by my tally, Warren Moon, Chris Carter, Jerry Rice, Vince Young, Marshall Faulk, Rod Woodson all basically said McNabb was out of line. That's just the abbreviated list of black people who think McNabb is an idiot for making this about race and not owning up to being a thin skinned QB who is (gasp!) deserving of criticism.

Add to that list Dan Marino & Steve Young and you have a couple of HOF QBs ringing in also.

McNabb need to STFU. He's too fragile mentally to play the position, or to play in that town, or both. :doublethumbsup:

The guy offered up his views and opinions when asked a question about them. First he gets ripped for being an Uncle Tom, now he's being ripped for discussing race in public.

Wrong. He's being ripped on the context of his comments, not because they were completely devoid of objective evidence, but damn near close to it.

I have no problems with what he said. Why? Because I'm not a black man, playing QB in the NFL, in a town known for their hostility towards their athletes. He gave a candid and honest interview BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, and now people want to crucify him for his honesty.

No, people want to crucify him for his lack of common-sense.

Randall Cunningham got treated like crap in Philly when he was here, and it was only after he left and played well in Minnesota did Eagle fans realize how good the guy was.

You got this backwards, chief... Randall was WORSHIPPED in this town when he was here. It was only AFTER he left that people realized just how lacking his game really was... and despite that, he is still pretty much worshipped.

People talk about the timing of this interview. Is it McNabb's fault on the timing, or is it HBO deciding to air the interview at a time when McNabb is under fire for the team's crappy play?

It's not McNabb's fault on the timing per se. But consider this - the interview before the season still comes after he had led the team to losses in 5 of his last 6. And he is being criticized because HIS play has been crappy. Further, he consistently and constantly deflects blame from himself and often makes excuses or comments like what is going on now to redirect people's focus away from the reality that is - he isn't playing well right now.

People criticize and many do so with the understanding that he is not fully healed from a significant leg injury. But fans in a town with a well known history of losing get frustrating just the same. Guess it's just as hard for McKnob to understand, too, eh?

wow - couldn't find a less respected journalist, eh?

:lol:

Here's a tip:

So far by my tally, Warren Moon, Chris Carter, Jerry Rice, Vince Young, Marshall Faulk, Rod Woodson all basically said McNabb was out of line. That's just the abbreviated list of black people who think McNabb is an idiot for making this about race and not owning up to being a thin skinned QB who is (gasp!) deserving of criticism.

Add to that list Dan Marino & Steve Young and you have a couple of HOF QBs ringing in also.

McNabb need to STFU. He's too fragile mentally to play the position, or to play in that town, or both. :music_guitarred:

Black journalist who writes for a weekly newspaper, or a FF bored poster who goes by "my_2_cents"? Hmm, which one gets more respect.......... :thumbsdown:

Vince Young has an IQ of 30. Warren Moon beat his wife. Cris Carter is an alcoholic. I think Rod Woodson's half white, isn't he?

McNabb has every right to voice his opinion, doesn't he?

When did McNabb make this whole thing about race? It appears to me the only thing he said was that black QBs typically have to go the extra mile, and will get scrutinized more that white QBs.

I think the one's who need to STFU are the ones who won't let the topic go.

You got this backwards, chief... Randall was WORSHIPPED in this town when he was here. It was only AFTER he left that people realized just how lacking his game really was... and despite that, he is still pretty much worshipped.

You're so wrong here. "The Ultimate Weapon" never won a playoff game in this town. Never. He had all the talent in the world but had none around him as complements. From the candy bar to the gold-tipped shoe strings, Randall was always seen as an oddball who could never win when it counted.

Randall received the same exact criticism in this town that McNabb has received: is he a running QB, why is he so inaccurate, why can't he win the big game, why is he not a leader.......

Blah freakin' blah.

It's amazing how well Cunningham did in Minnesota when he had talent around him. It's amazing that McNabb leads the team to the Super Bowl when he has help on offense.

It's amazing how well Garcia did last year when he had a running game behind him, and an offensive gameplan that didn't revolve around the QB throwing the ball over 40 times a game.

It's amazing how so-called "fans" of McNabb can refer to him as McKnob.

Perhaps it's the inconsistent support of a football town that leads McNabb to his opinions. Who the heck knows.

The one thing I do know is that Reid needs to coach better, that he needs to get his head back into his job, that he needs to stick by his word when it comes to letting Marty run the offense, to let the offense run the ball, to let the o-line get after it in the run block game, and to take the pressure off the shoulders of his QB, who is clearly not 100%.

You're so wrong here. "The Ultimate Weapon" never won a playoff game in this town. Never. He had all the talent in the world but had none around him as complements. From the candy bar to the gold-tipped shoe strings, Randall was always seen as an oddball who could never win when it counted.

And he was still loved. You're so wrong about that.

The one thing I do know is that Reid needs to coach better, that he needs to get his head back into his job, that he needs to stick by his word when it comes to letting Marty run the offense, to let the offense run the ball, to let the o-line get after it in the run block game, and to take the pressure off the shoulders of his QB, who is clearly not 100%.

On this we'll agree. Also, McNabb needs to get back out of the ball-sailing and ball-dirting passes that he's gotten himself back into.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Black journalist who writes for a weekly newspaper, or a FF bored poster who goes by "my_2_cents"? Hmm, which one gets more respect.......... :nono:

It's not about me - I posted the generalized feedback from 6 black people (1 half latin, thanks for overemphasizing race as you've been arguing against doing :angry: ) yet you attack me - nice.

Vince Young has an IQ of 30. Warren Moon beat his wife. Cris Carter is an alcoholic. I think Rod Woodson's half white, isn't he?

VY's IQ was never tested - the low score on the wonderlick (sp?) doesn't concern me. The man has a college degree - likely putting him ahead of 70% of FFT's community. And like McNabb - he is entitled to his opinion regardless of whether he's a rocket scientist or not. You're saying McNabb can play the race card and VY, a black QB who's taken criticism for that very test (as you ironically do here) and for his arm angle, is not entitled to tell McNabb he's too thin skinned to play the position because of your perceived judgement of his intelligence level?

You just did yourself a sever disservice in this debate.

As for Carter's drinking or Moon's spousal abuse - those are all 100% irrelevant - they have opinions as black NFL players. I notice you don't try to discredit Jerry Rice - what's the matter, being a bad dancer wasn't enough ammo for you? You also left Marshall Faulk off your criticism - I guess they were both correct in their criticism of McNabb's comments but the others were off base because of your perceived shortcomings as human beings? :overhead:

What a retarded thing line of reasoning.

McNabb has every right to voice his opinion, doesn't he?

He has every right to his opinion. As a public figure with a microphone in his face he has a responsibility to himself to take accountability for his failings, not blame it on a perception that "they criticize me more because I'm black!". :cry: He also has a responsibility to his team to not incite racial dischord, and a responsibility to the black community to "keep it real" in terms of making sweeping generalizations about how the media or fans treat black athletes. Clearly he is in the minority on that opinion (no pun intended) among his african american peers.

Finally, his sweeping generalization is an insult to every credible journalist in the country - he's essentially saying anyone who's ever criticized him as a QB did so because he was black, and thus is a racist. That is so inappropriate there aren't words. That you would choose to defend such an indefensible act makes me think you haven't considered the ramifications of his statements deeply enough.

So it doesn't matter what the timing was - it doesn't matter when it was filmed or how well or poorly McNabb is playing - what matters is that he made the statements, and in light of the fact that the vast majority of journalists are NOT racist hate mongerers that McNabb projects them to be, McNabb was wildly inappropriate an irresponsible in making such claims. All he does is by not taking personal responsibility for those criticisms is fail to rise above...rising above the need to hide behind his color because he's too arrogant to believe that he might actually deserve that criticism, and that other QBs of all colors take just as much, if not more heat when they fail to perform in their multi-million dollar roles as "leaders" of their teams.

Just keeping it real.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Everyone likes to have an excuse for why they suck.

22 posts in 6 years. I think I will go back and look at the other 21, because this one was dead on. :nono:

It's not about me - I posted the generalized feedback from 6 black people (1 half latin, thanks for overemphasizing race as you've been arguing against doing :unsure: ) yet you attack me - nice.

VY's IQ was never tested - the low score on the wonderlick (sp?) doesn't concern me. The man has a college degree - likely putting him ahead of 70% of FFT's community. And like McNabb - he is entitled to his opinion regardless of whether he's a rocket scientist or not. You're saying McNabb can play the race card and VY, a black QB who's taken criticism for that very test (as you ironically do here) and for his arm angle, is not entitled to tell McNabb he's too thin skinned to play the position because of your perceived judgement of his intelligence level?

You just did yourself a sever disservice in this debate.

As for Carter's drinking or Moon's spousal abuse - those are all 100% irrelevant - they have opinions as black NFL players. I notice you don't try to discredit Jerry Rice - what's the matter, being a bad dancer wasn't enough ammo for you? You also left Marshall Faulk off your criticism - I guess they were both correct in their criticism of McNabb's comments but the others were off base because of your perceived shortcomings as human beings? :rolleyes:

What a retarded thing line of reasoning.

He has every right to his opinion. As a public figure with a microphone in his face he has a responsibility to himself to take accountability for his failings, not blame it on a perception that "they criticize me more because I'm black!". :cry: He also has a responsibility to his team to not incite racial dischord, and a responsibility to the black community to "keep it real" in terms of making sweeping generalizations about how the media or fans treat black athletes. Clearly he is in the minority on that opinion (no pun intended) among his african american peers.

Finally, his sweeping generalization is an insult to every credible journalist in the country - he's essentially saying anyone who's ever criticized him as a QB did so because he was black, and thus is a racist. That is so inappropriate there aren't words. That you would choose to defend such an indefensible act makes me think you haven't considered the ramifications of his statements deeply enough.

So it doesn't matter what the timing was - it doesn't matter when it was filmed or how well or poorly McNabb is playing - what matters is that he made the statements, and in light of the fact that the vast majority of journalists are NOT racist hate mongerers that McNabb projects them to be, McNabb was wildly inappropriate an irresponsible in making such claims. All he does is by not taking personal responsibility for those criticisms is fail to rise above...rising above the need to hide behind his color because he's too arrogant to believe that he might actually deserve that criticism, and that other QBs of all colors take just as much, if not more heat when they fail to perform in their multi-million dollar roles as "leaders" of their teams.

Just keeping it real.

So it's perfectly okay for those guys to throw be judge and jury on McNabb's comments in a public forum when most of them are carrying baggage.

It's okay for Moon to be critical of McNabb's comments, even though this very same guy was judged years ago by his peers because he beat his wife. It's okay for Woodson to "keep it real" in the black community when the guy's not 100% black.

You are making sh!t up, let's face it. Nowhere did McNabb state the media are racist hate mongerers. Nowhere did he say that.

If you believe that McNabb is too arrogant, that he hides behind his race, and that he believes that he thinks he's beyond criticism, then you really don't know what you're talking about.

That was evident with the Cunningham being a wildly popular figure in Philadelphia while he was an Eagle. How do we know that? Because the guy never won a playoff game for this team in a town that judges their QBs on wins, losses, and championships.

And, yes, there are more coaches and GMs with open minds, who'll tailor their system to a black quarterback's talents - like Jeff Fisher and Norm Chow in Tennessee, who've developed a hybrid offense for Vince Young that lets him do what he's good at doing.

So David Aldridge is using "black" and "running" quarterback interchangeably here. Unbelievable. I'd love to see Jeff Garcia in a footrace with Byron Leftwich. And speaking of Garcia, is there a less appreciated QB in the NFL? You look at what he did in San Fran, what he did replacing McNabb last year, and people still crucify the guy. He has to "do that little extra" just like McNabb. Maybe "we" just don't like running QBs?

We're still here, azzhat.

I find it quite comical that EVERYONE here knows exactly what it's like to be a black quarterback in the NFL, because so many people are in the know enough to be judge and jury on this subject.

McNabb gets criticized for towing the company line. Wasn't it TO who insinuated he was an Uncle Tom? Now the guy is forthright, honest and open, and he's suddenly called a "crybaby"?

McNabb didn't raise this question in the interview. The interview was about Donovan McNabb and his career/life. It had NOTHING to do with being a black quarterback in the NFL. Brown asked him this pointed question, and he answered it in an honest fashion. Why did Brown ask him the question? Maybe because black quarterbacks are treated differently in the NFL, and Brown wanted more insight from McNabb.

Most people like kicking people when they're down, I understand that (because Eagle fans have been doing it to Cowboy fans for the past 7 years or so), and honestly, what goes around comes around.

By not discussing it maybe tells people that some on the one side are happy with that divide and would like it to remain that way.

I will tell you there are alot of bigotted Eagle fans who've been waiting for McNabb to fail, and that is just totally wrong.

I've said my peace. I hope Reid can get his focking head back in the game, run the focking ball, not allow his 75% healthy QB throw the focking ball 40+ times a game, and let their best player, Brian Westbrook, take the focking team into the win column.

:banana:

He is a quick one for you shut the fock up! Do you know whats is like to be a black QB? You my friend are a bigot it's evident in prior posts. Anyone just search his name to see. Yes 85% of Eagle fans have disappeared it's very obvious. Remember you played division 1 college football and know what it i like to sit on the bench where your boy McNabb will soon be sitting.

Randall received the same exact criticism in this town that McNabb has received: is he a running QB, why is he so inaccurate, why can't he win the big game, why is he not a leader.......

Blah freakin' blah.

It's amazing how well Cunningham did in Minnesota when he had talent around him. It's amazing that McNabb leads the team to the Super Bowl when he has help on offense.

It's amazing how well Garcia did last year when he had a running game behind him, and an offensive gameplan that didn't revolve around the QB throwing the ball over 40 times a game.

It's amazing how so-called "fans" of McNabb can refer to him as McKnob.

Perhaps it's the inconsistent support of a football town that leads McNabb to his opinions. Who the heck knows.

:banana:

So David Aldridge is using "black" and "running" quarterback interchangeably here. Unbelievable. I'd love to see Jeff Garcia in a footrace with Byron Leftwich. And speaking of Garcia, is there a less appreciated QB in the NFL? You look at what he did in San Fran, what he did replacing McNabb last year, and people still crucify the guy. He has to "do that little extra" just like McNabb. Maybe "we" just don't like running QBs?

I agree with you. I only posted the Aldridge piece only because I believe he's right in saying that everyone else is making a much bigger deal about this than it really is.

I believe there is a definite stereotype when it comes to black QBs in the NFL. I do believe (more like know) that McNabb has always been looked at differently by the fans of Philadelphia, which is what I think he was intimating.

I think part of the problem has been that McNabb has always shown an ability to carry the team on his back when he's not had the supporting cast. Part of that includes the fact that he's a mobile QB, and that he's been able to make plays with his legs.

The difference between when he first started and today is that McNabb is still seen as a QB who SHOULD carry the team on his back, however the end of last season shows that the team is better when the burden is spread around.

One can fault his teammates for not stepping up their play in the first two games this season. Is that because there is a true lack of talent on the offense, or is it just his teammates feeling that "oh, super 5's back in the lineup again, let him carry the load again."

Now, should he be airing all of his personal dirty laundry in interviews like this? Probably not. Does he have the right to? Absolutely. He's made his bones in the NFL.

Can all of his statements made in the interview be underlying factors that he's not happy in Philadelphia, that the pressure has finally taken it's toll, and that he felt he needed to get everything off his chest now, regardless of the reprocussions? Perhaps.

I believe this caught everyone off guard simply because he has never been an outspoken player in the past. Again, the perception has always been that McNabb's always been the company guy, and that perception may throw people off today because of what he said earlier in the week.

I don't like where this is headed, however if McNabb feels the need to vent, get everything off his chest even if it means that he'll get run out of town on a rail, then sobeit.

MacGay... if anyone here has a complete lack of credibility and knowledge it's you. And stop saying "85%" (or any % for that matter) of Eagles fans have "disappeared." We haven't. We don't. And that's whether the team is winning or losing. Dumbass. :rolleyes:

MacGay... if anyone here has a complete lack of credibility and knowledge it's you. And stop saying "85%" (or any % for that matter) of Eagles fans have "disappeared." We haven't. We don't. And that's whether the team is winning or losing. Dumbass. :rolleyes:

His parents need to put parental controls on his internet usage.

I wonder if he gets wi-fi on that short yellow bus of his. :overhead:

I wonder if he gets wi-fi on that short yellow bus of his. :rolleyes:

Seriously. At LEAST the two of us are in this thread and arguing AGAINST one another about the merits of McNabb's comments. What the fock thread is he reading? Dumbass.

Present and still cheering for McNabb and the Eagles. :thumbsdown:

I must have missed it....who left?

I wonder if he gets wi-fi on that short yellow bus of his. :thumbsdown:

Guess what? Eagles lose at home to the Lions.

Seriously. At LEAST the two of us are in this thread and arguing AGAINST one another about the merits of McNabb's comments. What the fock thread is he reading? Dumbass.

Argue all you want Trent Dilfer :thumbsup: Mcnabb :thumbsdown: Yep most delusional fans in sports Philly fans.

Ummm, so?

Why even argue about Mcnabb he is and always will be a :cry: He will never win the big game unless he is traded to the Patriots in the next 3 years. It's all over enjoy the Kolb era :lol:

I also know you delusional Eagle fans THOUGHT you had an easy early season schedule. Guess what in the last two years you have won only one game against an above .500 team. Congrats

Why even argue about Mcnabb he is and always will be a :lol: He will never win the big game unless he is traded to the Patriots in the next 3 years. It's all over enjoy the Kolb era :lol:

I also know you delusional Eagle fans THOUGHT you had an easy early season schedule. Guess what in the last two years you have won only one game against an above .500 team. Congrats

MacGay, in years past, you have proven as easy to put down as a practice dog at Vick's Ranch and I've grown tired of bothering to continue on such an easy target.

Really, I'm thrilled that you are excited that the Eagles are not performing well. I am. :cry:

MacGay, in years past, you have proven as easy to put down as a practice dog at Vick's Ranch and I've grown tired of bothering to continue on such an easy target.

Really, I'm thrilled that you are excited that the Eagles are not performing well. I am. :overhead:

Took you about what 20 minutes to think of that great job. Think about it the target is you. This is just waayyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy

Took you about what 20 minutes to think of that great job. Think about it the target is you. This is just waayyyyyyyyyyyyy to easy

Oh, ooooooooo... you're SO right, Mack. I am SO burnt. Can I get a "SSSsssssssssssss" here? :overhead:

Guest _my_2_cents_

I will say this - regardless of which side of the debate they fall on I have said before and I will say again that Eagles fans on this forum are a positive example for Eagles fans everywhere. These guys are passionate and knowledgeable and rarely resort to name calling or ISSF's (internet sissy slap fights).

I don't see "85%" of them leaving here - they're here more than the guy who said that. :pointstosky:

Anyway, back on topic, McNabb needs to STFU. I think we can all agree on that. Let your play on the field dictate your critics. You want to shut them up? Great - be a leader to your team and prove the critics wrong.

Anyone here remember when Steve Young took over for Joe Montana? Talk about a hard act to follow - how about following a legendary walk-on HOF QB who owned the town? The fans booed Young for months. They booed him everywhere. They hated his guts - this slob from Tampa Bay who rode a bench for years. Then Young shut everyone up by becomming a legend himself.

That's how you silence the critics. And last I checked Young was the whitest man in the USA at the time. And he took more heat that 1st year as a starter than McNabb's seen in what, 8 of his career?

He needs to STFU - he's out of line, and worse, incorrect. :music_guitarred:

"I will say this - regardless of which side of the debate they fall on I have said before and I will say again that Eagles fans on this forum are a positive example for Eagles fans everywhere. These guys are passionate and knowledgeable and rarely resort to name calling or ISSF's (internet sissy slap fights)." Posted by my_2_cents

With Sheppard out? With Dawkins (potentially) out or limited. You start Kitna, you stupid focking ######. Go fock yourself, too. Mephisto= Eagles fan

Yeah, Mcnabb is a tool. Nice posts focktard. Captain Goomy=GFIAFP Eagles Green= Eagles fan

"I'm still here focktard...what a jackazz you are, like I'm going to leave because the team I support is playing poorly. Only Cowgirl fans do that!" The Next Generation = Eagles fan

His parents need to put parental controls on his internet usage. I wonder if he gets wi-fi on that short yellow bus of his. dry.gif Gomm99= Eagles fan

No name calling <_<

Anyone here remember when Steve Young took over for Joe Montana? Talk about a hard act to follow - how about following a legendary walk-on HOF QB who owned the town? The fans booed Young for months. They booed him everywhere. They hated his guts - this slob from Tampa Bay who rode a bench for years. Then Young shut everyone up by becomming a legend himself.

That's how you silence the critics. And last I checked Young was the whitest man in the USA at the time. And he took more heat that 1st year as a starter than McNabb's seen in what, 8 of his career?

Steve Young was not thought of as a slob. Nobody gets a lifetime contract to play QB because he's a slob.

Young didn't take as much heat as McNabb, bud. Remember, the 49ers already had a few Super Bowl victories under their belt. The Eagles are still without a Super Bowl title, and that's what drives the animosity towards McNabb.

If the Eagles were 2-0, and if McNabb had a passer rating over 100 and this interview aired, would you still be saying the same thing?

I think the debate's run it's course.

"I will say this - regardless of which side of the debate they fall on I have said before and I will say again that Eagles fans on this forum are a positive example for Eagles fans everywhere. These guys are passionate and knowledgeable and rarely resort to name calling or ISSF's (internet sissy slap fights)." Posted by my_2_cents

With Sheppard out? With Dawkins (potentially) out or limited. You start Kitna, you stupid focking ######. Go fock yourself, too. Mephisto= Eagles fan

Yeah, Mcnabb is a tool. Nice posts focktard. Captain Goomy=GFIAFP Eagles Green= Eagles fan

"I'm still here focktard...what a jackazz you are, like I'm going to leave because the team I support is playing poorly. Only Cowgirl fans do that!" The Next Generation = Eagles fan

His parents need to put parental controls on his internet usage. I wonder if he gets wi-fi on that short yellow bus of his. dry.gif Gomm99= Eagles fan

No name calling :thumbsup:

Hi Mackgee, Lions fan here. Hope your right about the outcome of today's game.

Now, can you leave so the intelligent debate I was reading can continue?

Thanks, and here's a lollipop

Have a good day!

:unsure:

I think the debate's run it's course.

Does that make it a "black" thread? I mean, if this debate had stayed in the pocket and went through all of its check-downs, it would be a "white" thread, right?

And if it is a black thread, will it be criticized more than white threads?

Guest _my_2_cents_
No name calling :dunno:

no example of anyone responding to you can be used, as frankly you've been deserving of any abuse that may have been heaped upon you. Just one neutral observer's opinion.

hth

They've all been quite civil towards me, and like McNabb, that's my experience and I am basing it all on that. :first:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Does that make it a "black" thread? I mean, if this debate had stayed in the pocket and went through all of its check-downs, it would be a "white" thread, right?

And if it is a black thread, will it be criticized more than white threads?

lmfao

:dunno: