Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Who here's starting wes welker?

The guy has the exact same number of targets as Randy Moss. Each have had 9 targets per game.

He's 19th overall in scoring for wr's and he's tied with Colston, M Harrison, and Moss for the 16th most targets among all wr's.

Is he legit?

In a ppr league I think Welker is a must start every week as a #2 WR. He will catch 90 balls this year. In standard scoring leagues i think he is more of a #3 type WR who could get 900 yards and 6 or 7 TD's this year.

ppr he's a must start indeed. Brady looks to him early and often. Might end up with 100+

He is a must start right now...and his numbers will only grow as teams pay more and more attention to Moss.

However...if Moss goes down with an injury...look out.

I've got Holt, Fitz, Javon Walker and Welker.

With the usage of a flex, I have been playing all but Welker thus far, this year.

We are in PPR league...not sure what I should do :thumbsdown: ...but If I was not so dep at WR, I would most definitley be starting him each week as my flex.

I'm trying to get this guy as my #3. Offered Marshall for him, see if he bites. I already have Walker as my #1, so I don't want to trot a tandem from the same team out there every week. I also have Brady.

Ya, I got #1 waiver priority this week and I'm thinking of going him over Deshaun Wynn because my #2 wr position is a mining accident this season. I too looked at targets and receptions, and Welker might be a great guy to have.

Ya, I got #1 waiver priority this week and I'm thinking of going him over Deshaun Wynn because my #2 wr position is a mining accident this season. I too looked at targets and receptions, and Welker might be a great guy to have.

Why is this guy available in so many leagues still?

He was drafted in the 14th rnd of my 10 teamer.

He was right on the cusp of being drafted in most leagues I would guess.

Why is he still on so many wires??

Go grab him!

:doublethumbsup:

Why is this guy available in so many leagues still?

He was drafted in the 14th rnd of my 10 teamer.

He was right on the cusp of being drafted in most leagues I would guess.

Why is he still on so many wires??

Go grab him!

:doublethumbsup:

10 team Td heavy. It's the only one out of 4 leagues where he's available. Brady's penchent in past years for spreading the ball around has kept him on the waivers I suppose. I mean, really, when is the last season where TWO pats receivers have been legit fantasy plays week to week? Brady can throw 300 yards to 8 different targets in any given week.

Looks like this year he is really warming up to Moss and Welker though.

I'm trying to get this guy as my #3. Offered Marshall for him, see if he bites. I already have Walker as my #1, so I don't want to trot a tandem from the same team out there every week. I also have Brady.

Not to mention its so much fun to say "Walker and Welker" Did you say Welker or Walker?

Drafted him late even though the last thing my team needed at the time was a WR. Already had T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, and Calvin Johnson. Haven't started him yet, I put him on the trading block, but no takers yet.

After following the Pats and going to a few of their preseason practices I knew Welker would be gold as a #3 wr in ppr leagues. I only got him in 2 out of 4 leagues as there are Pats homers in my local leagues. I don't know about 100 receptions but I can see 80/800 with around 9-10 td's. The thing a lot of people don't realize is he is a great red zone threat because he's very shifty and can find holes in the defense as well as evade tacklers.

Drafted him late even though the last thing my team needed at the time was a WR. Already had T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, and Calvin Johnson. Haven't started him yet, I put him on the trading block, but no takers yet.

If I were you I'd trade either Fitz, Holmes, or Marshall. CJ, TJ and Welker are a great trio to have assuming it's a ppr league. I'll put $$ on Welker catching more balls than Fitzgerald.

are you guys saying that i shouldn't bench welker (home vs. buffalo) for nate burleson (home vs. cincy) this week in my half-ppr league this week?

do you think cincy's defense is as bad as they were against cleveland this week? they can't be THAT bad. it's not like we should start throwing any POS we have on our bench into our starting lineups because they've got the bengals on the schedule, right?

Hate to quote myself, but I'm trying to figure why this guy rejected this offer. It seemed like a good fit for both teams. He hasn't played Welker yet. He's played Mark Clayton as his WR3 the first 2 weeks (has him in there again this week). He has Randy Moss. Now, I can see him wanting to hold onto Welker in case Randy gets injured, but at the expense of having Clayton in his lineup? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something? :doublethumbsup: He rejected it without a comment or a counter offer.

Hate to quote myself, but I'm trying to figure why this guy rejected this offer. It seemed like a good fit for both teams. He hasn't played Welker yet. He's played Mark Clayton as his WR3 the first 2 weeks (has him in there again this week). He has Randy Moss. Now, I can see him wanting to hold onto Welker in case Randy gets injured, but at the expense of having Clayton in his lineup? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something? :bandana: He rejected it without a comment or a counter offer.

Tell me what's in that trade for him?

Yeah I've been considering it..

I have Fitz as my WR2 going against Balt.

or it's Welker vs. Buffalo..

i can't decide. It's a TD heavy league, I'm thinking that Welker is most likely to catch one.

I'm starting him over Brandon Marshall as a WR #3 along with Randy Moss.

He will be this year's Waiver Wire pickup of the year!!

I'm starting him over Brandon Marshall as a WR #3 along with Randy Moss.

He will be this year's Waiver Wire pickup of the year!!

I wish he was a waiver-wire pickup. He got drafted as a WR4 or 5 in all of my leagues.

I have TO and Javon Walker as my starters and Welker sitting on my bench.

We only start 2 WR and do not have a flex.

He will be my bye week filler!