Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

***OFFICIAL BEARS VS. LIONS THREAD***

MOOSE :thumbsdown:

the bears are going nowhere. regardless if the lions gift-wrap this game. not a chance in hell. i've seen them three times this year and they are dreadful.

Why are the stupid lions not throwing on every play?

They are waiting to see who will fumble the ball without being touched again. Lions running game is abismal. They dont have a clue. Plus I am pretty sure Martz thinks he will outwit the Bears. Ooh they think we will pass so I will run on every play!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!

Can somebody explain what happened on the big clusterfock reversed call that gavethe ball back to Chicago in the redzone with just over a minute left. Trying to figure it out from the nfl.com game screen was totally confusing.

Can somebody explain what happened on the big clusterfock reversed call that gavethe ball back to Chicago in the redzone with just over a minute left. Trying to figure it out from the nfl.com game screen was totally confusing.

griese like got hit or something and the ball came out, caught by an olinemen, ran to the goaline fumbled before he crossed, det covered in endzone. i think they ruled it illegal catch incomplete pass.

that officiating crew was fugging daring me to smash in my television set... had the lions lost that game i'd have billed goodell

griese like got hit or something and the ball came out, caught by an olinemen, ran to the goaline fumbled before he crossed, det covered in endzone. i think they ruled it illegal catch incomplete pass.

greasy threw a duck to his lineman who, of course, wasn't eligible to touch the ball, so instead of touching it... he caught it, and lumbered forward with thoughts of scoring and getting carried off the field while the cheerleader's sang we are the champion ran through his head. two steps into his one shining moment he fumbled into the endzone where detroit recovered. after a forty five minute review of a review the one blockhead who spoke for the other blockheads gave a speach about a open handed pass, ruled the duck to be a fumble, and concluded that fumbles could not be advanced, let alone refumbled. chicago was rewarded the ball at the spot of the lineman's fumble of the fumble. regardless, the ref didn't cover his bet against the spread.

espn is saying the lions set a new nfl record today for the most points scored by a single team in the 4th quarter: 34 :thumbsdown:

a couple of observations:

--if any bear fans are wondering if griese is better than grossman? um, no.

--if any bear fans are wondering if benson doesn't suck let alone is better than jones? um, no.

--lions had 6 sacks and 3 ints

--kitna's completion percentage today: 83 percent

--the lions scored 37 points but still were inside the 10 three times in the first half with only 3 points to show for it. this could have been worse.

Congrats Lions fans....your team is definitely headed in the right direction.

tell you what, you have my respect for showing up and posting that. unlike a certain few other bear fans :unsure:

tell you what, you have my respect for showing up and posting that. unlike a certain few other bear fans :pointstosky:

There's no point in being a sore winner or a sore loser. Some people in this thread should realize this.

that officiating crew was fugging daring me to smash in my television set... had the lions lost that game i'd have billed goodell

it was even worse at the game... couldn't tell what the hell was going on! and the chicago fans showed up in huge numbers for this one...

walter hated my bears 8-8 prediction :cry: makes me sad...brushing aside my comments about the bears fortunate breaks in 06..and the north being a lot better this year...what do i know? living in green bay..we NEVER get bears news here... :dunno:

i bet the bears fans will settle for an 8-8 run right now.....

that could STILL happen..but thats not my bet...6 losses and IM cashing in and im halfway there...God Bless your uncreative offense Lovie.. :rolleyes:

still, im NOT making plans for my $1000 on the bears under 10.5 wins at +150...but as each week passes, Im giving it more thought...

after gb knocks the crap out of chicago, my gal will probably buy a ritzy purse and say, oh its ok, you are getting $$ from the bears bet, remember? yeah..i guess....

seattle at over 9 wins at +100 made me a lil nervous after the way they coughed up the cardinals game..but after this weeks win over the niners..im feeling better again :dunno:

but please...QUIT kicking to hester for gods sake....stop doing this and the bears will only score 10 or less points per game...then the bet will be a lock...

That game ended much closer than it should have. The Lions have played 3 games this season, all victories, in which they could have and should have blown out their opponents instead of keeping it so close to the end.

That game ended much closer than it should have. The Lions have played 3 games this season, all victories, in which they could have and should have blown out their opponents instead of keeping it so close to the end.

agreed. they were inside the 10 three times by early second quarter and came out of it with 3 points <_< that crap has to stop. on the other hand, they've won 3 games they should have won and lost 1 game they should have lost. i'll take it.

walter hated my bears 8-8 prediction :banana: makes me sad...brushing aside my comments about the bears fortunate breaks in 06..and the north being a lot better this year...what do i know? living in green bay..we NEVER get bears news here... :banana:

i bet the bears fans will settle for an 8-8 run right now.....

that could STILL happen..but thats not my bet...6 losses and IM cashing in and im halfway there...God Bless your uncreative offense Lovie.. <_<

still, im NOT making plans for my $1000 on the bears under 10.5 wins at +150...but as each week passes, Im giving it more thought...

after gb knocks the crap out of chicago, my gal will probably buy a ritzy purse and say, oh its ok, you are getting $$ from the bears bet, remember? yeah..i guess....

seattle at over 9 wins at +100 made me a lil nervous after the way they coughed up the cardinals game..but after this weeks win over the niners..im feeling better again :overhead:

but please...QUIT kicking to hester for gods sake....stop doing this and the bears will only score 10 or less points per game...then the bet will be a lock...

in saying this, i'm not talking smack, just reality: crappy qb+crappy rb+ mediocre wr+ suspect o-line=dismal offense.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the bears and figure out what's wrong. urlacher and hester aren't enough to overcome the problems on offense. nor is the defense even when healthy. the offense has to be able to move the ball or the defense will get run down by the second half--just like today (just like last week for them). the lions completely throttled the bears on the 4th quarter (new nfl record 34 points) and on the key td drive late ran the ball down their throats.

agreed. they were inside the 10 three times by early second quarter and came out of it with 3 points <_< that crap has to stop. on the other hand, they've won 3 games they should have won and lost 1 game they should have lost. i'll take it.

times have changed..and as we saw with the small windo of opportunity closing fast...

people here in GB were pulling for the bears to win so that gb could have a 2 game lead over the division...

i get that..but fock it..i could never pull for the bears...take your chances with the lions and if the lions DO come out on top...hats off to them...at least det wont be takign a SB lightly and trying to win in spite on an arena quarterback...

times have changed..and as we saw with the small windo of opportunity closing fast...

people here in GB were pulling for the bears to win so that gb could have a 2 game lead over the division...

i get that..but fock it..i could never pull for the bears...take your chances with the lions and if the lions DO come out on top...hats off to them...at least det wont be takign a SB lightly and trying to win in spite on an arena quarterback...

while i enjoyed the second half today immensely, i also know the lions aren't quite there yet. they've got some issues that i think will undo them in the long run this season, but they're markedly improved over last year and heading in the right direction. but i will say i think the lions are going to be very tough all season at home this year. the fans are into it and the defense in particular has really fed off the crowd these two home games. they have 10 turnovers and 9 sacks in their 2 home games so far this year.

it looks like the packers have the most balanced team of the 4 this year...but it's early; injuries and other weird things can still happen.

I sooooo agree, a Bear loss (especially when they were soooo sure they were a legit SB team last year, and thus this year) is worth a one-game lead. I taught my kids growing up in Seattle the Bears sucked - in fact it's the only time they can use the "s" word - and now that we've been back here 5 years it serves them well.

Of course I really only care about a Packer win, but god that embarassing Bear loss makes it that much sweeter <_<

I sooooo agree, a Bear loss (especially when they were soooo sure they were a legit SB team last year, and thus this year) is worth a one-game lead. I taught my kids growing up in Seattle the Bears sucked - in fact it's the only time they can use the "s" word - and now that we've been back here 5 years it serves them well.

No wonder you call yourself cheeseboy instead of cheeseman. Pathetic.

No wonder you call yourself cheeseboy instead of cheeseman. Pathetic.

Only slightly less pathetic than that turd team you guys put together...Virginia McCaskey is spinning in her grave :pointstosky:

I know she's not really dead, she just looks that way

Atleast the Bears lost to Peyton Manning at QB and not Antwaan Randle El. :overhead:

it looks like the packers have the most balanced team of the 4 this year...but it's early; injuries and other weird things can still happen.

Which really is quite sad considering the shape of the Packer's running game :music_guitarred:

Which really is quite sad considering the shape of the Packer's running game :music_guitarred:

hehehe...you used "Packers" and "running game" in the same post...

Gold Jerry, pure gold!!

didn't see the game, but sounds like the first 3 quarters were hard to watch - but the 4th was a show. also sounds like this game could have gone either way - little surprised the lions had to pour it on to beat a griese lead team (at home). good win nonetheless. looks like both these teams are still pretty far behind the packers.