Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

Larry Johnson

Guest _my_2_cents_
Link, nostradamus?

try the search feature - I've been saying people should avoid LJ in all formats since June.

I've actually bee saying it much much longer but you'd have to search under a different name.

But rest assured, I am fully on record - ask the Chiefs homers I've argued with like cmh, who proudly wears my autosig for another day or two.

I've been wondering if I should go after LJ right now, in a trade involving Travis Henry/Selvin Young on my part. I don't feel comfortable trusting the Rat once Henry goes down to suspension, I don't like Denver's remaining schedule as much as I do that of Kansas City, and the Chiefs actually have a defense that can allow LJ to touch the ball in all four quarters (yesterday didn't look it, though).

I might be better served going after someone like Clinton Portis though, who has a much better offensive line.

Haha I don't own him or any other ex Penn State back. Serious though he is now on a bad team with a bad ol you do the math.

What other PSU backs would you own? Ki-Jana Carter? Curtis Enis? :thumbsdown:

To my fellow LJ owners, it's looking bad. Croyle being the new starter might actually help things, assuming the Chiefs' passing attack can be a little more...um...threatening, but I think it might still be wise to sell LJ after next week -- if he has a decent outing against Cincy, of course.

Loved the fact that this was the *second* worst rushing day in team history...can't imagine what the other one was. Zero yards?

I would just like to say that herm edwards is one of the worst coaches ever.

Out of curiousity, I took a look at LJ's stats last year:

The first five games of the season, Weeks 1-6:

105 carries for 357 yards (3.4 avg) and 3 touchdowns

23 receptions for 274 yards and 1 touchdown

The rest of the season thereafter, Weeks 7-17:

311 (!) carries for 1432 yards (4.6 avg) and 14 touchdowns

18 receptions for 136 yards and 1 touchdown

Out of curiousity, I took a look at LJ's stats last year:

The first five games of the season, Weeks 1-6:

105 carries for 357 yards (3.4 avg) and 3 touchdowns

23 receptions for 274 yards and 1 touchdown

The rest of the season thereafter, Weeks 7-17:

311 (!) carries for 1432 yards (4.6 avg) and 14 touchdowns

18 receptions for 136 yards and 1 touchdown

Good call. Sounds like either he's a slow starter to boot or he had a start to the schedule that was similar to this year.

I'm worried about Croyle struggling (turning it over), and I'm worried about the # of carries last year. But the schedule, his talent, and the situation are all great. We'll see which factors win out soon.

To date, he's pretty much done what many thought he'd do. Perhaps a little worse than I thought overall, but by very little.

Huard bruised his shoulder at the end of a game getting hit after a pass. Not sure who'll start next week, but Herm did just put Pennington in mid-week after his other QB was struggling.

But, LJ and Huard and most of the offense were all complaining about the playcalling. Supposedly LJ left the field before the game was over, and threw his helmet and shoulder pads in the locker room. I guess there is a lot of infighting going on right now, stay tuned.

This could be just what the doctor ordered...

There's a blurb on Rotoworld that Huard has been ruled out for next week and Brodie Croyle is getting the start. We'll see, I guess.

Rotoworld

Chiefs rule out Huard; Croyle to start v. CIN

The Chiefs have ruled Damon Huard (shoulder) out for Week 6. Brodie Croyle will start against the Bengals.

Depending on how he fares against Cincinnati's porous defense, this could mean that Croyle will start for the rest of the season. Coach Herm Edwards acknowledged that when Croyle comes in he adds a noticeable spark to the offense. Huard will have an MRI Monday to determine the extent of his injury. Oct. 7 - 11:58 pm et

Source: Kansas City Star

If you draft offensive players from a team coached by Herm Edwards, then you, my friend are the moron.

Or maybe he's just trying to "play.to.win.the.game" :cheers: