Sign in to follow this  
DamageIncVacc

Lee Evans

I know the quick response is to say he sucks. But thats not an answer. were talking a reciever who was drafted as a #1 this year. We know he has the talent,. Hes had a breakthrough year last year. And now this. He dosent even get looks.

I went to 8 Fantasy magazines I have (I read alot) and he was ranked in the top 10 in all but 1 ( he was 11 in one) and he is the only reciver out of the top 10 guys to be having a year like this. Other guys with him in the top 10 were Moss,Chad,Marvin,Owens,housz,Wayne,Fitz,Driver,Holt,Smith,Walker (Injury),Boldin(Injury)Roy.

As I mentioned in another thread , he is open on plays and he dosnet get the throws. He i barley targeted. They pass to other recievrs in traffic but bypass Evans .

Anyone with a clue to what might be his issues. Thank goodness he is on a bye next week as I dont want to even be tempted to play him. And he hits the bench when he gets back. To think I turned down a trade before the season for Randy Moss.Uggg.

he is a one trick pony and I have been trying to talk people down from this guy since the summer......but for some reason people keep saying he is some kind of stud you can't bench.

I can't believe anyone is even keeping him on their roster.

heck if you want a Bill WR, take one of the ones that actually gets fantasy points.

I see , the one trick being the deep pass. Its hard to drop a guy who you drafted as your #1 reciever in the 4th round but I may have to with his bye this week. Maybe see if I can get anyone with a pulse to replace him.

he is a one trick pony and I have been trying to talk people down from this guy since the summer......but for some reason people keep saying he is some kind of stud you can't bench.

I can't believe anyone is even keeping him on their roster.

heck if you want a Bill WR, take one of the ones that actually gets fantasy points.

I'm a sucker and riding him to the bottom. I'm usually a guy who cuts bait earlier than most but I still believe in Lee Evans. He's healthy, hasn't lost a step, and has a new QB. IF Edwards ignores him for a couple weeks I'll cut bait but I'm starting him until further notice.

There's nothing wrong with him in an NFL sense. He's a very good WR...just doesn't have a QB to get him the ball down the field. Edwards checks down constantly to the possession guys.

There's everything wrong with him as a fantasy option, though. From that standpoint, he indeed does suck.

There's everything wrong with him as a fantasy option, though. From that standpoint, he indeed does suck.

I think that says it all, I need to wake up and forget last year.

There's nothing wrong with him in an NFL sense. He's a very good WR...just doesn't have a QB to get him the ball down the field. Edwards checks down constantly to the possession guys.

That pretty much sums it up. Juaron may as well have him return kicks, but they already have a pretty good guy doing that in Terrence McGhee. :pointstosky:

I wouldnt rush into dropping him just yet. I mean the guy has easily played the most difficult schedule of any receiver in the league this year. He should do a helluva lot better after week 7. I think it will be like night and day comparing his second half of the season to his first.

10 bucks says he still finishes with 900 and 6

I wouldnt rush into dropping him just yet. I mean the guy has easily played the most difficult schedule of any receiver in the league this year. He should do a helluva lot better after week 7. I think it will be like night and day comparing his second half of the season to his first.

10 bucks says he still finishes with 900 and 6

The problem with that is that yardage and scores will come in 4 games. Hard to pick which 4 they will be.

After the Bill's bye week, and hopefully Losman comes back:

10/21 BAL Nice matchup

10/28 @NYJ Nice matchup

11/04 CIN Nice matchup

After the Bill's bye week, and hopefully Losman comes back:

10/21 BAL Nice matchup

10/28 @NYJ Nice matchup

11/04 CIN Nice matchup

i don't think you can count on Losman getting his job back. talk around buffalo is that they weren't sold on Losman's leadership abilities; but apparently the team responded very well to Edwards in the huddle during last weeks win. they obviously aren't asking him to do too much at this point; but he played fairly well tonight, minus the interception.

regarding how this effects evans: i would need Stanford homers to chime in, because I haven't seen him play, and can't speak for his arm-strength. considering evans' track record, however, i wouldn't be surprised if he has a good second half, once he develops some chemistry with Edwards. at worst, even if Losman comes back, evans is due for some good games.

I'm thinking about buying low on either Lee Evans or Steve Smith. What do you think it would take to get one of these guys?

I think Fumble has it exactly right. Evans is primarily a deep threat and the Bills - under Edwards particularly - don't look to have any interest in stretching the field. Parrish is looking to be the better fantasy option.

He's definitely not benefiting from the QB play right now, but I think the biggest problem with Evans is the lack of a qualty #2 (or 1b) WR on the other side of the field. He lines up and sees the other teams' best corner and free safety glued to him every play. Peerless was only a marginal #2 before his injury, and despite the schedule getting better (could it have been any tougher?), Lee will not be an impact FF WR until Roscoe Parrish or someone else commands more than single-coverage on a regular basis.

Evans always produces better in the second half of the season, and with the schedule it looks pretty good for him to put up some points. I have him and it may be wishful thinking, but I am holding on to him for these two reasons. If you can buy low and have the roster spots I think he would be a good pick up. Heck, you can get him for next to nothing if not on WW in smaller easier leagues.

Evans will not benefit from Trent Edwards at QB, the Bills are asking Edwards to manage the game and not make mistakes so that they don't kill the psyche of their young quarterback. Losman will always go for the win even though in most cases he ends up with a loss. Lee Evans needs a QB who isn't afraid to make a mistake and chuck it down field to him so he can make a play. Did anyone see Evans go deep? No, it isn't like he is getting looks downfield and not catching them - he gets nothing. If I were an Evans owner I would root for Losman to come back and get his starting job, we all know they clicked last year and if the Bills want to actually win games they will have to start taking risks (Not like there is a choice with the hole they are in now) through the air. But if Edwards remains the starter, Evans value will never rise as the Bills aren't going to utilize the risky vertical game. He isn't that great of a route runner and isn't a strong receiver to go across the middle on posts and crossing patterns, he basically just needs to run deep every play for him to be effective.

I say dump Evans, as I agree that Edwards has probably secured his starting job.

QB sux (both of them).. The offense sux... They never look to go deep and that is his speciality.. I am done with him for now.. He is on the :rolleyes:

He is killing me in a couple of leagues also. I don't think his speed is the question. He looked pretty fast last night chasing down Newman after the interception.

I watched the game last night and it seemed Edwards would look his way, but if he was covered, which he almost always was, Trent would look to dump the ball of to Lynch or Parrish underneath. Much better than taking the sack or tossing an INT, but not good for Evans' production. Trent has only been the starter for a week and he looked pretty good I think. Once he is more comfortable with the offense, and if he can get some time to throw, he will be looking to get the ball deep on occasion and that's when Evans will get his. That said he is back on the bench for me until something changes, but I don't think I'll drop him, hoping that the Bills can get it together.