Sign in to follow this  
scottk

Throwback Jerseys

I'm so sick of football (and baseball) and their throwback jerseys! It's the arrogance of the teams owners (and league) that we should give a shiat if they wear them. Just play the damn game!

And who do you think pays for them in the long run?

ok, first off..... i'm guessing the fans that buy tickets to the games pay for the jerseys? i hope you weren't referring to tax dollars. i think this thread should be about the moms with 7 kids who can't put the dicks down and are on welfare.

second.... i love the throwbacks. it's fun, it's different. i'm sure more than 50% of people like it when teams do it, so you're in the minority. it has been done a little more than usual this year, but really, does it affect the game? no, it's just for fun.

chill........ :thumbsdown:

With the exception of the Eagles absurd look a few weeks back, i like them. What I don't understand is how some baseball teams seemingly change their team colors overnight.. and a bunch of them have black jerseys now.. But that is a different topic altogether

The old Buffalo unis are the best in the game. They should wear them every week.

Almost without exception, the old looks are better.

The old Buffalo unis are the best in the game. They should wear them every week.

Almost without exception, the old looks are better.

I completely agree! Those Bills uniforms are great and their new jerseys are one of the worst in the league...

Throwbacks are garbage... they only do it for the black people, they love buying that crap haha

^^^ummmm, don't know what you're talking about there pal. I am white and I like the throwbacks. :music_guitarred:

I like them...in most cases i prefer them over present day unis...often wonder why they ever changed and why they wont change back....

I like them...in most cases i prefer them over present day unis...often wonder why they ever changed and why they wont change back....

Didn't the Chargers change back permanent ?

And some of them show no respect to the teams recent History.

I like the Giants old unis with the GIANTS on the helmets, that was the uniform my whole life with Simms, Bavaro when I was younger, now they have gray paints that show Shocky's azz sweat.

I like the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas Bills uniform better because of the history of that uniform...Isn't the new one era OJ ?

DUMP IT.

If I'm a marketing director (or whoever decides on the unis) of the Vikings, I switch back to the unis from the 70's/early 80's that they showed off last week vs. Green Bay. Those were SLICK.

The Broncos also need to switch back to the Elway era blue helmets with the orange 'D' on the side. In fact, if I'm their marketing director, and Shanahan gets booted, I'd switch back as sort of a fresh start/return to the old days.

The Bucs unis are ugly, but are they worse than Buccaneer Bruce?

If I'm a marketing director (or whoever decides on the unis) of the Vikings, I switch back to the unis from the 70's/early 80's that they showed off last week vs. Green Bay. Those were SLICK.

The Broncos also need to switch back to the Elway era blue helmets with the orange 'D' on the side. In fact, if I'm their marketing director, and Shanahan gets booted, I'd switch back as sort of a fresh start/return to the old days.

The Bucs unis are ugly, but are they worse than Buccaneer Bruce?

YES....Broncos need to go back, so do the Buccaneers...and also the Patriots.

All CLASSICS

Love the throwbacks. Of course it's just a marketing ploy to sell jerseys, but it's still kind of fun to see teams playing in them, especially if both teams are wearing them. Then again, I like the orange Miami jerseys too, I'm probably the only one.

as has been said repeatedly, it's a pretty obvious marketing ploy.

What pixxes me off most is the hypocrisy. This is a league that will fine a guy for wearing Tillman's number on a wristband, or fine a guy for wearing the wrong colored sock - or any number of ridiculous BS, but if the LEAGUE wants you to dress in some ridiculous get-up - including those same socks that last week would've been a finable offense, well, that's somehow okay.

...Not to mention that it detracts from the game. I turned into the Philthy game a few weeks back and had no idea who the fock was playing at first. For a league that prides itself on uniformity, consistency and brand recognition, this shiit flies right in the face of every one of those principles. :lol:

Not a fan of the throwbacks, either. Don't try to tell me that today's athlete or today's game is even remotely like it was back in the day. Not saying it's better or worse, just different. And the athlete of today looks rediculous in those Jersey's. I especially hate it in baseball.

As far as the Giants, I detest the "retro" look. They turn "Big Blue" into "Little grey, red and white" in my opinion.

I still say it's owner's extravagance that end's up costing the fans on the ticket prices and those are too high already. Want to get my buy-in (literally), go with retro ticket prices! Even just one time a year..........

But it seems that I'm way in the minority on this one.... :cry:

Later