Sign in to follow this  
J.E.T.S.JetsJetsJets

John Clayton

I know looks aren't everything, but how did a guy who lloks like he does get to be one of the Nation's leading sports network's prominent beat reporters covering one of the toughest most brutal and physical sports on the planet.

Did he ever play or was he the nerdy-numbers assistant manager

Seriously though, anyone know his background?

Sports, journalism, management?

just wondering

perfect sports nerd, i remember reading his coverage of the steelers when the pittsburgh press was in circulation,

thanks scott ross

I can't imagine why I'm not shocked at his having majored in Nuclear Physics

guess I'll give him a little more respect next time I watch one of his segments.....

Naaaaaaaah

he's obviously slept his way to the top. word is that he can suck a soccer ball through a garden hose.

he does a weekly talk show on Saturday here in seattle and he always talks about how his mom used to take him to football games. He's keep running stats on yd's for each player, keep penatly stats, punt avg, everthing. Total stad nerd, never played the game. Guy is a stud though, so slutty.

I love when he does the segments on ESPN with Sean Sallsbury and Sallsbury always jabs him in every paragraph of dialogue, either blatantly or subtly and he always kind of chuckles like the kid in class with a softball-sized spitball dripping from his hair laughing to try to show he's in on the joke or can take a ribbing.

I bet he was voted most likley to get stuffed in a trash can.

I know looks aren't everything, but how did a guy who lloks like he does get to be one of the Nation's leading sports network's prominent beat reporters covering one of the toughest most brutal and physical sports on the planet.

Did he ever play or was he the nerdy-numbers assistant manager

Seriously though, anyone know his background?

Sports, journalism, management?

just wondering

Did your looks enable you to make this post?

Clayton is a hack. He is a complete tool of the player's agents. He has a little black book of all their numbers and what ever it is that they want said in the media, he is the first to oblige. He is wrong more often then he is right on his player predictions when it comes to movement, contracts and trades, etc. The guy is a boner with a necktie.

Clayton is a hack. He is a complete tool of the player's agents. He has a little black book of all their numbers and what ever it is that they want said in the media, he is the first to oblige. He is wrong more often then he is right on his player predictions when it comes to movement, contracts and trades, etc. The guy is a boner with a necktie.

Wow.. do you even know who John Clayton is?

You don't have to look like a football player to understand and appreciate the NFL.

We've got one here in NYC Chris Russo aka. Mad-Dog Russo of Mike & the Mad-Dog fame. Pretty good knowledge of the game and he gets apoplectic when he's excited or confronted on a topic. Best segments are when he and co-anchor Boomer Esiason host 'around the league' (?) and Boomer drops the "Anyone whose ever played the game knows...." as an argument ender and you can feel Russo getting aggrivated accross the airwaves.

Not a fan of Clayton at all. Like someone else said he seems to be wrong more often then he's right. Plus listening to his voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

he's obviously slept his way to the top. word is that he can suck a soccer ball through a garden hose.

isn't he the guy that looks like mr. whatever, the teacher in "south park"? if so, then he's gay. umm-kay???

We've got one here in NYC Chris Russo aka. Mad-Dog Russo of Mike & the Mad-Dog fame. Pretty good knowledge of the game and he gets apoplectic when he's excited or confronted on a topic. Best segments are when he and co-anchor Boomer Esiason host 'around the league' (?) and Boomer drops the "Anyone whose ever played the game knows...." as an argument ender and you can feel Russo getting aggrivated accross the airwaves.

Mike and the Maddog are awesome... and so is john clayton :huh: the guy loves football and knows a lot about it hes good in my book

I used to love watching Fred Edelstein's analysis as well.

Now he is doing like 15-20 in some state penitentiary somewhere.

only steers and queers in texas..and i dont see any cattle around here