Sign in to follow this  
do rag

Brutus Beefcakes

wow, I could have sworn I heard about him dying years ago. I guess I just confused him with the other 60 wrasslers from the 80's and 90's that have croaked.

I always hated him the only cool thing that ever involved him was Shawn Michaels superkicking Marty Janeatty through his Barbershop window.

All his gimmicks were gay (fishnet barber, bootyman, Hogan's leatherclad fruity biker buddy)

I just remember him strutting outside the ring before anyone knew who he was and Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon saying, "who is that!"

I remember that he caught two knees in the face by someone parasailing.

After reconstructive surgery he did'nt look the same.

the only cool thing that ever involved him was Shawn Michaels superkicking Marty Janeatty through his Barbershop window.

Classic Stuff

The last in ring action from Beefcake I can recall was in April 1998 on WCW Monday Nitro as Hogan's lackey. The match was Savage vs Hogan for the World Title in a no DQ match and Hogan won the belt back thanks to outside help from Bret Hart. This was the night the NWO split up and Hogan and Savage were fighting to be the leader and Kevin Nash sided with Savage.

Beefcake hit Savage with a neckbreaker in the match and put Hogan on top for the pin but Nash came out and KO'd Beefcake and powerbombed Hogan and put Savage on top for the pin and finally Bret Hart came out and hit Nash with the belt in the head and put Hogan on top of Savage for the win. The night before Savage beat Sting with Nash's help to win the gold.

The biggest letdown as a Brutus Beefcake fan was no doubt at Summerslam 88 when he was set to face the Honkey Tonk Man for the Intercontential title. Ron Bass injured Brutus Beefcake the week before and he was pulled from the match. The Ultimate Warrior took his place and beat Honkey in 30 seconds to win the Intercontential belt and instantly after that Beefcake became a Hogan lackey for the rest of his career. The only time he main evented a PPV was at Summerslam 89 when Hogan/Beefcake took on Savage/Zues.