Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Waiver Wire defenses for week 7

nobody really stands out here. I have Green Bay on a bye, and you only get a point for a sack or turnover, and then 7 for a TD and 10 for a shutout, and it costs me $5 to pick a team up for a week.

See any potential waiver Ds that are going to score any points. Doesn't seem to be any obvious ones at this point...

new orleans vs ATL, they showed a little life sunday night on the road

i also have green bay on a bye, thats who i picked up for a fill in. wasnt many other options though

One would have thought Arizona was a good play this week. PLAYING AT HOME against A 40+ YEAR OLD QB who wasn't even in the league 2 weeks ago. Also playing a team that had no running game coming to the week. I really thought Az was a solid sleeper, oh well, guess not. I thought for sure AZ would have a Def TD.

I went option #1 NYG, Option #2 Philadelphia.

anybody playing the Chiefs :thumbsdown:

the chiefs are owned in all 3 of my leagues, I ain't playin with idiots here

buffalo against Baltimore? :music_guitarred:

I grabbed Buffalo off my WW in advance for next week when they play the Jets (I got Dallas on bye week 8). Buffalo against Balt this not a bad play though.

you guys are making it tough on me. I have 4 that I am looking at, how would you rank them?

Was v Ari

NYG v SF

Phi v Chi

Pit @ Den

1 pt for sacks and turnovers, 7 for TDs, 10 for a shutout...

you guys are making it tough on me. I have 4 that I am looking at, how would you rank them?

Was v Ari

NYG v SF

Phi v Chi

Pit @ Den

I'm going with Wash out of that bunch. That said I just picked up Seattle for this week's matchup versus the Impotent Rams.

Was v Ari

NYG v SF

Phi v Chi

Pit @ Den

pittsburgh if u have them, second choice would be washington(they are looking more and more like an every week def).

going with Washington at home vs. tim rattay.

should be a solid play

i feel obligated to listen to einstein :mad:

How about the Texans at home vs. Kerry Collins, and the WR-less Titans.

VY is gimpy and even if he does manage to play he won't be able to scramble like he normally does.

And VY throwing more in the pocket = GOOD for FF defenses!

I would say the Seahawks vs. StL, BUT Bulger & Bruce should be back. Seattle made a struggling NO team look fantastic last week. I just have a funny feeling the Rams will be 1-6 after this week...

Go with Buffalo. In fact, go with them the rest of the season, especially if your league rewards touchdowns, interceptions and return yards and even if it penalizes points against. Have you seen their special teams play? Absolutely the best special teams unit in the league.

I've seen a few of their games. Most of the time, the defense's and ST's big plays are what keeps the Bills in contention throughout most quarters of their games.

It's Buffalo's pathetic offense that goes 3 and out so often that really is responsible for their defense giving up so many yards and points in the second half. They're so damn tired from playing what usually amounts to the whole first half, they begin to break at halftime. But remember, it's their ineptitude on offense thats gives the ST and D so many damn chances at turnovers big plays, punts and kickoff returns. Mix in those numerous chances with an already great if not NFL best ST unit and you got a recipe for success and lots of fantasy points from a WW DEF. Keep in mind the Bills play a cover 2 as well, which is known for it's focus on big plays from young, athletic, speedy players. Which is basically what the Bills have.

The injuries, in a fantasy perspective, have been a blessing for the Bills D unit and a confirmation of the pedigree of the ST squad. It's the players from the special teams that have stepped it up and contributed to the defense. And they've pretty much poured their heart and showcased their raw skill into their defensive play.

Plus they have the one of the best ST coaches in April. So if you like interceptions, touchdowns, punt and kickoff return yards over sacks and points against scoop up Buffalo.

I picked up Wash for the Chargers bye because of the QB situation in Arizona, and they've been putting up solid fantasy scores. This was before I realized that they were top 5 in both rush and pass defense, now I'm thinking I may actually have gotten one to keep for the season :wub:

Go with Buffalo. In fact, go with them the rest of the season, especially if your league rewards touchdowns, interceptions and return yards and even if it penalizes points against. Have you seen their special teams play? Absolutely the best special teams unit in the league.

I've seen a few of their games. Most of the time, the defense's and ST's big plays are what keeps the Bills in contention throughout most quarters of their games.

It's Buffalo's pathetic offense that goes 3 and out so often that really is responsible for their defense giving up so many yards and points in the second half. They're so damn tired from playing what usually amounts to the whole first half, they begin to break at halftime. But remember, it's their ineptitude on offense thats gives the ST and D so many damn chances at turnovers big plays, punts and kickoff returns. Mix in those numerous chances with an already great if not NFL best ST unit and you got a recipe for success and lots of fantasy points from a WW DEF. Keep in mind the Bills play a cover 2 as well, which is known for it's focus on big plays from young, athletic, speedy players. Which is basically what the Bills have.

The injuries, in a fantasy perspective, have been a blessing for the Bills D unit and a confirmation of the pedigree of the ST squad. It's the players from the special teams that have stepped it up and contributed to the defense. And they've pretty much poured their heart and showcased their raw skill into their defensive play.

Plus they have the one of the best ST coaches in April. So if you like interceptions, touchdowns, punt and kickoff return yards over sacks and points against scoop up Buffalo.

:cry: Did you sleep at a holiday in express last night? That is some serious analogy. Got me thinking Bills D.