Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

BC shows that they don't deserve to be the #2 ranked team

10-0 with 5 min left in the game and they have not looked good at all.

There's your Heisman moment.

Matt Ryan may have just locked it up on National Television.

Down 10-0 with 2 minutes. Game winning drive. Two great TD passes.

Dude makes 2 plays the whole night, and the 2nd of which he wouldn't have even had the chance except for a fluke onsides kick and recovery. He's the Alex Smith of college football. High School QBs could have made those throws.

Dude makes 2 plays the whole night, and the 2nd of which he wouldn't have even had the chance except for a fluke onsides kick and recovery. He's the Alex Smith of college football. High School QBs could have made those throws.

Onsides kicks are designed to be just that...Flukes :pointstosky:

Thursday night game, away from home, Raining.............& they make it happen

Say what you want but BC was able to do what the other #2's couldn't.........WIN :unsure:

Give him credit for getting the win......but the overall performance was horrible :pointstosky: If he's the Heisman it is a very weak year for college football......Gino Torretta ring any bells :unsure:

I agree. If BC and OSU win out this could be the most overrated two teams playing in the national championship game. They are #1 and #2 by default. Guess there has to be someone crowned a champion in this clusterfock of a format known as the BCS.

I agree. If BC and OSU win out this could be the most overrated two teams playing in the national championship game. They are #1 and #2 by default. Guess there has to be someone crowned a champion in this clusterfock of a format known as the BCS.

agreed I think Big Ten is awful but Penn St Michigan and Wisky would beat BS very easily.. What a joke of a team

agreed I think Big Ten is awful but Penn St Michigan and Wisky would beat BS very easily.. What a joke of a team

Yeah, because playing Virginia Tech on the road is considered one of the easiest places to play in the country. By no means do I think BC is a juggernaut but any time you beat the #8 team on their homefield you have a quality win regardless of how ugly it looks. Now, losing to App. State at home...that's a joke.

That scrub Ryan is looking like the top overall pick in next year's NFL draft right now. Winning at VaTech in a monsoon on a Thursday night when youre a passing team is no easy task. Doesnt matter how you do it, so long as it gets done. Ryan made atleast $10mil in future earnings tonite.

Yeah, because playing Virginia Tech on the road is considered one of the easiest places to play in the country. By no means do I think BC is a juggernaut but any time you beat the #8 team on their homefield you have a quality win regardless of how ugly it looks. Now, losing to App. State at home...that's a joke.

I'm no Michigan fan, but this was embarrassing. What was he at one time 14-36 or something stupid?

Couple of bad calls, but this was just bad.. Yes I think all 3 of the above mentioned teams would kick their ass

I think this year proves more than ever that the rankings are a joke. No team that's ranked in the top 10 should be there if they lost a game by 41 points and then struggled to beat North Carolina by a touchdown at home. Virginia Tech is only ranked #8 on paper. I have a hard time buying that there are only 7 teams better than them.

I think this year proves more than ever that the rankings are a joke. No team that's ranked in the top 10 should be there if they lost a game by 41 points and then struggled to beat North Carolina by a touchdown at home. Virginia Tech is only ranked #8 on paper. I have a hard time buying that there are only 7 teams better than them.

Yep I think OSU Florida and LSU deserve to be there, the rest... meh

I'm no Michigan fan, but this was embarrassing. What was he at one time 14-36 or something stupid?

Couple bad call, but this was just abd.. Yes I think all 3 of the above mentioned teams would kick their ass

Winning a defensive battle with one of the better defenses in the country on their homefield is embarrassing? You do realize BC played a top 10 team tonight and not Temple.

There should be a playoff. No doubt. As a BC fan I'm even skeptical about their ranking. Yet, as long as they keep winning they deserve it because that's how the current system works. As for Virginia Tech...they've had better years but they're still a quality team and a win there is always a tough one.

Winning a defensive battle with one of the better defenses in the country on their homefield is embarrassing? You do realize BC played a top 10 team tonight and not Temple.

OK who besides this has BC beaten??

I know they only beat sorry ass ND by what 14?

Va tech awesome defense I know that, but this was the first time I got to watch BC, and just was not impressed

Va tech awesome defense I know that, but this was the first time I got to watch BC, and just was not impressed

dude, there was like 9 inches of rain on the ground. even the frogs were drownin'.

Don't forget that LSU destroyed VaTech, 49-7. So, yeah, VaTech is top 10 now, but wouldn't even be top half of the SEC.

I don't think I have ever seen a weaker #2 team. If they actually do make it to the national championship game they are going to get destroyed.

Matt Ryan didn't play great, but his O-line was pretty terrible. They're a passing team, on a road, on a field that's been drenched with rain for 2+ days.... and he almost single-handedly gave the win. Now, I don't think Matt Ryan is a great QB (will be an NFL bust) but you have to give the guy credit. They WILL lose to Maryland in 2 weeks though.

I'm not claiming they're a juggernaut. They're a real solid team and tonight was a very good win. So far they've beaten Va Tech, Ga Tech, Wake Forest and ND. There's three solid wins there but nothing too crazy. They still have Miami, Florida State, Maryland and Clemson left. Working in BC's favor is all four teams are not as good as they have been and each game is very winnable.

Overall BC is a very good and stable program. Obviously they're not LSU, Florida or SC but they've won seven straight Bowl games, have put a lot of high quality players in the NFL and usually finish in the top 25. 2007 is a year where a lot of right is lining up for them and if they take care of business they could end up in the BCS title game as crazy as that sounds.

I'm not claiming they're a juggernaut. They're a real solid team and tonight was a very good win. So far they've beaten Va Tech, Ga Tech, Wake Forest and ND. There's three solid wins there but nothing too crazy. They still have Miami, Florida State, Maryland and Clemson left. Working in BC's favor is all four teams are not as good as they have been and each game is very winnable.

Overall BC is a very good and stable program. Obviously they're not LSU, Florida or SC but they've won seven straight Bowl games, have put a lot of high quality players in the NFL and usually finish in the top 25. 2007 is a year where a lot of right is lining up for them and if they take care of business they could end up in the BCS title game as crazy as that sounds.

all may be true, like i said this was this first time i got to watch them, I bet on them, but I was so disgusted with their play I couldnt even stand to watch

all may be true, like i said this was this first time i got to watch them, I bet on them, but I was so disgusted with their play I couldnt even stand to watch

It was ugly. You'll get no debate here. Yet, when you're playing a tough, defensive team on their homefield in wet conditions you're going to win ugly. The only think that mattered tonight was beating the #8 team and staying undefeated. BC isn't talented enough to wow you in a game like this.

I look for BC to get upset by the U when they play them. We are having a down season with it being randy shannons first year but they still have the talent to pull the upset off.

UW can't beat anyone in the top 50, thats why they schedule such an easy non-conference schedule.

Maybe you could catch one of their Home Dome games against a Pop Warner team & be impressed :bench:

This BS of being "Disgusted" by their play is uncalled for. Whether you believe they should be ranked where they are or not.......They beat a top 10 team in the rain away from home on a thursday night. No it wasn't their best game but considering the circumstances they still toughed out a win. They deserve more credit than your disparaging remarks.

BTW

VTECH 13-3 lifetime on ESPN Thursday games..............3 losses to BC :unsure:

BTW

VTECH 13-3 lifetime on ESPN Thursday games..............3 losses to BC :doh:

now thats an interesting stat.

Open mouth, insert foot.

:doh:

BTW I'm pretty much on board with what Boston has said in this thread. I still think LSU is the best team in football, but they're not going to be ranked as such at least until Ohio State and Boston College lose a game.

Did anyone else notice the obvious takedown of a Vatech lineman chasing after BC's qb on the last TD drive. It was right in front of a line judge and was a horrible non call.

HAHAH!

I love when people premature postulate.

V Tech played a great game. I would have said this win or lose. You on the other hand would have talked ###### about BC in the eternal hatred towards Boston that permeates through this site.

PATHETIC! You my friend are a great example of BANDWAGON JUMPING!

BC won before the game and they deserved the ranking they got. They joined the ACC last year to be taken seriously and they have earned their spot. If they lost they lost that doesn't mean they hadn't earned the ranking before the game started.

YOU ARE AWFUL!

Also regarding the game. That would have been a very different game minus the rain. It clearly affected Ryan. The Eagles dropped several passes and the coaches were terrible dealing with it in the first half. That D Lineman for VTech #49 took total advantage of it and was a beast in the 1st half.

BC adjusted and won in the end.

Ryan made a great pass.

I don't think I have ever seen a weaker #2 team. If they actually do make it to the national championship game they are going to get destroyed.

Wait, are you talking about BC this year? Or are you talking about Florida against OSU last year?

Because I remember hearing the SAME exact argument for about a month back then, reasons why Florida "didn't have a shot" against OSU. I think we all remember how that turned out. :music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred:

BTW I'm pretty much on board with what Boston has said in this thread. I still think LSU is the best team in football, but they're not going to be ranked as such at least until Ohio State and Boston College lose a game.

Agreed :music_guitarred: Just felt that Swervin-mervins coments were way off base

\\

Like last year's #1?

Wait, are you talking about BC this year? Or are you talking about Florida against OSU last year?

Because I remember hearing the SAME exact argument for about a month back then, reasons why Florida "didn't have a shot" against OSU. I think we all remember how that turned out. :thumbsup:

Florida was a pathetic #2 last year as well. OSU was off almost 2 months before they played that game and were ripe for the taking...

USC barring that UCLA setback shouldve played OSU and the gators clearly wouldve lost to LSU, Boise St, or USC among the other bowl teams last year....

Florida was a pathetic #2 last year as well. OSU was off almost 2 months before they played that game and were ripe for the taking...

USC barring that UCLA setback shouldve played OSU and the gators clearly wouldve lost to LSU, Boise St, or USC among the other bowl teams last year....

Wow!

Early front runner for most idiotic post of the day.