Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

Brandon Lang: Take the Colts and the points

The guy that the movie "Two for The Money" was based on, was on Fox Sports radio this morning doing his weekly gambling spiel. He also believed the Colts may win this outright.

His angle: The public has been clouded by the Patriots blowing away the spread this season when the Colts could have easily done the same thing (but chose not to). <his words, not mine>

If my boss were played by Al Pacino - how could he miss? :banana:

His angle: The public has been clouded by the Patriots blowing away the spread this season when the Colts could have easily done the same thing (but chose not to). <his words, not mine>

I hope he's right, but I'd be curious to hear how he could make that statement. Does he think the Colts just enjoy playing in close games?

I hope he's right, but I'd be curious to hear how he could make that statement. Does he think the Colts just enjoy playing in close games?

He used the Saints and Broncos games as examples. The Colts could have piled on but did not.

Brandon Lang/Lane/Link or whatever alias he is using this week is an idiot. He consistently picks losers, costs all his clients money, year after year after year. In a good year, he hits about 40% He is an awesome fade.

The fact a movie is very loosely based on him and his boiler room buddies is a disgrace.

Brandon Lang should go drown in a puddle of AIDS.

Ummm....whether or not the colts COULD have piled on more points against bad teams, that is a complete disconnect to stating that they are better than the patriots and will win...

Its two completely different statements.

Pats win by double digits.... if you think Indy D can contain NE, you are crazy....

If you think for a second that BB isn't going to make a statement, you are crazy.

I think the line is moving to get money on the Colts side, its a sucker line because there is no chance this is a squeaker.

I don't blame a homer for betting on his team, but lets call a spade a spade, this is going to be very ugly for the colts.

Pats are superior on both sides of the ball.

he makes his picks every week on steve czaben's "first team on fox"...last week he told us to take the skins/points in the skins/pats game. just sayin...

If you think for a second that BB isn't going to make a statement, you are crazy.

This is the statement that has confused me all week.. When was the last time the Patriots came close to containing the Indy O?

This is the statement that has confused me all week.. When was the last time the Patriots came close to containing the Indy O?

Last time I recall was the 2003 AFC Championship game when Law had 3 picks. :Mr-T:

Last time I recall was the 2003 AFC Championship game when Law had 3 picks. :Mr-T:

How about the 2004 AFC divisional playoff game during Manning's record-breaking season when the Patriots held the Colts to only a field goal, that's another one.

I don't think the Patriots defense will completely lock down the Colts offense to that degree, but in the end I think the Patriots offense will overwhelm the Colts defense.

I guess it depends on if Bellicheat's audio still works from when he miked his d-line to get teams audibles. If it does then take the Pats to cover. If it's a level playing field, the take the Colts.

That's pretty much my point, it's not 2003 or 2004.

Its not 2006 either. The Pats have a healthy Seymour, Harrison and Seau. They also added A. Thomas specifically for the Colts. This guy has the speed to cover Dallas Clark if they want. Add to that the fact their offense can keep the ball away from the Colts offense for longer periods than before.

Brandon Lang/Lane/Link or whatever alias he is using this week is an idiot. He consistently picks losers, costs all his clients money, year after year after year. In a good year, he hits about 40% He is an awesome fade.

The fact a movie is very loosely based on him and his boiler room buddies is a disgrace.

Brandon Lang should go drown in a puddle of AIDS.

Out of curiosity, can you post some of his losing picks and where your information is coming from? I keep up with a lot of these "idiots" and I am not familiar with them only hitting "about 40%" of their picks. I not only find this to be highly unlikely, but I think you have no "real" information to back up your comments.

32-14 average score isn't exactly close. Only two games this year were "close"(within a TD). The other 5 were pretty much blowouts.

I agree that if Dungy followed BB's lead more often the average score would have a larger gap.

Ummm....whether or not the colts COULD have piled on more points against bad teams, that is a complete disconnect to stating that they are better than the patriots and will win...

Its two completely different statements.

Pats win by double digits.... if you think Indy D can contain NE, you are crazy....

I think the line is moving to get money on the Colts side, its a sucker line because there is no chance this is a squeaker.

I don't blame a homer for betting on his team, but lets call a spade a spade, this is going to be very ugly for the colts.

Pats are superior on both sides of the ball.

You obviously don't understand what he is saying. He is saying that due to the Pats piling on points versus the Colts not piling on points, there is an illusion that this somehow translates that the Pats are THAT much better than the Colts. In his opinion they are closer to each other than the public thinks, thus recommends taking the points at home.

You must remember that a point spread is not based on how many points the handicappers actually think a team is better than another, rather what point spread will get even money on both sides based on the perception "Joe Public" has on the game.