Sign in to follow this  
zaurg

Marvin Harrison

Any news on Harrison practicing today?

If you're going to have no value in your post, can you please put a sub topic in such as "will he play?" so I know not to waste time clicking in and out of your vacuum?

can you please put a sub topic in such as "will he play?" so I know not to waste time clicking in and out of your vacuum?

done

DAMNIT

http://www.kffl.com

Colts | Harrison uncertain to play Week 9

Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:44:54 -0700

Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison (knee) did not practice Thursday, Nov. 1, and is uncertain to play Week 9.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...NFL&id=1502

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Marvin Harrison (team decision) will be listed as doubtful for Week 9 against the Patriots.

Harrison missed practice again Thursday. It's odd that the Colts say he's being held out on a team decision, as he's known to be having troubles with his knee. If Schefter's report is on and Harrison sits out Sunday, Anthony Gonzalez will likely start in his place. With all the uncertainty and a tough matchup, we wouldn't wait for Marvin in a late afternoon game for fantasy purposes.

Indy radio is saying he likley plays just doesn't practice , Also heard the injury wasn't just a bone bruise and it's really ligament damage but he won't let the Doctors fully test and he just wants to try and play through it. I could buy this becasue he fractured/broke his wrist in 04 and never would let anyone take an xray - just put a soft cast on it and played through it.

If Marvin is OUT and not playing it's something serious -- this guy doesn't sit out unless he HAS TO .

Thought I saw somewhere that his not practicing was a team decision and the doubtful start is just per the rules if he doesn't practice. Marvin knows they need him in this game and unless he's contracted some bad disease like Ron Mexico's or clap of the yap, he'll play.

Signed,

A Reggie Wayne Owner that doesn't want Wayne double teamed Sunday.

wow, i was waiting to get out-smart-assed .... you're alright zaurg :shocking:

He might be alright - but you're not.

How much time of your precious life did you waste clicking on the thread? Is your time really that valuable? You must be a really important person.

But if your time is really that important - why did you check back in the thread to see what his reply was?

News: The Indianapolis Colts practiced again without eight-time Pro Bowl receiver Marvin Harrison on Thursday and may not have him against New England on Sunday. Harrison, the Colts' career receiving leader, sat out for the second straight day with a bruised left knee that has already forced him to miss two of the last three games. "If he doesn't practice (Thursday), I'd say it's doubtful he'll play Sunday," coach Tony Dungy said before the Colts' workout. "I know he's looking forward to it, and we're looking forward to it."

Analysis: Dungy had said Wednesday he expected Harrison to be back on the field Thursday. That didn't happen. Harrison has seven touchdowns in his last five regular-season meetings (with at least one score in every game) against New England. Harrison's history against the Patriots is great, but it doesn't appear as though he will get to showcase it Week 9. Harrison has been playing more like a No. 2 Fantasy WR than a No. 1 this season. He is still a solid Fantasy play when healthy. Continue to track his progress leading up to Sunday, but start making plans to be without Harrison.

I guess the more serious question is, how serious is his injury to hold vs the most imp game of the season? guess will find out sooner or later

This is just absolutely the suck!

With Carr throwing to Smith and Harrisons injury, my WR situation has gone from the penthouse to the ###### house. :unsure:

Wow. I thought there would be no question about Harrison playing this week. If he can't go you really have to start wondering about the severity of the injury. A bruised knee and you'd think he'd at least be able to dress and play some snaps after a 3-4 week layoff. Especially after he gave it a go against the Jags. Seems odd he would do that and then have such a set-back from playing sparingly in that game that it costs him the next two.

I honestly thought he'd be a definate go this week.

Wow. I thought there would be no question about Harrison playing this week. If he can't go you really have to start wondering about the severity of the injury. A bruised knee and you'd think he'd at least be able to dress and play some snaps after a 3-4 week layoff. Especially after he gave it a go against the Jags. Seems odd he would do that and then have such a set-back from playing sparingly in that game that it costs him the next two.

I honestly thought he'd be a definate go this week.

you know, something tells me dungy is pulling a bill b. move here with marvin. marvin has been resting to get ready for this huge matchup. i think he's a go for sure and will be a major part of this game for indy. just a hunch. he's on my team and i'm dead if he doesn't play and play well. i just think we're in for a great game this sunday...

you know, something tells me dungy is pulling a bill b. move here with marvin. marvin has been resting to get ready for this huge matchup. i think he's a go for sure and will be a major part of this game for indy. just a hunch. he's on my team and i'm dead if he doesn't play and play well. i just think we're in for a great game this sunday...

I hope you are right...Everything I am reading is saying doubtful to out but all of the rankings and projections on a myriad of sited still have him posting solid numbers. FFToday has him with 75 and a touch. I will take that.

I am hosed at WR #3 with Coles (doubtful), Harrison (doubtful) and Branch (doubtful). I have to pick one of those guys to play and I don't know where to pick my poison. Leaning Branch right now... :lol:

I agree. Just because he is listed as doubtful doesn't not mean he cannot play. If he was that hurt he would be OUT. I think just because the NFL requires injury reports the Colts listed him as doubtful because he did not practice Thursday which i think is mandatory if a player doesn't practice thrusday. They're just giving him extra rest. Just in my opion of course

Guest _my_2_cents_
Dungy labels Harrison as 'doubtful'

Marvin Harrison, WR IND

News: The Indianapolis Colts practiced again without eight-time Pro Bowl receiver Marvin Harrison on Thursday and may not have him against New England on Sunday. Harrison, the Colts' career receiving leader, sat out for the second straight day with a bruised left knee that has already forced him to miss two of the last three games. "If he doesn't practice (Thursday), I'd say it's doubtful he'll play Sunday," coach Tony Dungy said before the Colts' workout. "I know he's looking forward to it, and we're looking forward to it."

Analysis: Dungy had said Wednesday he expected Harrison to be back on the field Thursday. That didn't happen. Harrison has seven touchdowns in his last five regular-season meetings (with at least one score in every game) against New England. Harrison's history against the Patriots is great, but it doesn't appear as though he will get to showcase it Week 9. Harrison has been playing more like a No. 2 Fantasy WR than a No. 1 this season. He is still a solid Fantasy play when healthy. Continue to track his progress leading up to Sunday, but start making plans to be without Harrison.

there is a part of me that thinks it could be possible that indy is playing new england's game against them by making marvin seem a lot more hurt than he really is to try and disrupt the pats game-planning. at this point though, i think it's too risky to play marvin if you have any other decent options. i expect new england to score a lot, thus forcing indy to throw a lot to try and keep up. i could see marvin having a big day if he plays and is relatively healthy but everything points to him not being very healthy right now. did he sit out last week because he was too hurt to play or did he sit out to get even healthier for this huge game? i can see either scenario being the case but i'm probably not going to play him unless some positive news comes out before their game. i'm staring curtis or jennings over him and marvin wasn't doing much before he got hurt anyway so that makes my decision not to play him even easier.

I REALLY wanted to play him in this game, but I have no other options (being an afternoon) game if he ends up sitting.

I just hope we know one way or the other before the morning games on Sunday. I also have a suspicion that they are playing games and he will play, but a zero is too much to risk if he doesn't.

According to the Indianapolis Star, Harrison was held out of practice today, but has been cleared to play. The Colts are weighing whether Harrison playing will potentially cause him to further injure his knee. Expect to continue to wait to know if he is playing. :rolleyes:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...3/71102030/1100

Marvin Harrison has been given the go-ahead to play Sunday when the Indianapolis Colts meet the New England Patriots in the RCA Dome, but there’s no assurance the eight-time Pro Bowl receiver will suit up.

Coach Tony Dungy said the team still is weighing the benefit of playing Harrison against the Patriots against the risk of him possibly aggravating his bruised left knee. Harrison was held out of this morning’s practice, missing all of the Colts’ on-field preparation for New England. He has missed two of the last three games.

If Sunday’s showdown with the Patriots was a postseason game, Dungy said, “he’d definitely be playing. The fact that we’ve got eight games left and we’ve got a lot of games that we have to win, that factors into it.

ughh.

I have Housh going, which is a given.

But now I am hearing grumblings of an Andre Johnson comeback this week (though I doubt it) and God only knows with Harrison. I guess I am going to have to ride with Calvin Johnson, who might only see limited action, and sit these guys unless there is a definite answer Sunday Morning. (which of course there won't be.) No idea what to do, only know that whatever decision I make will inherently be the wrong one.

This could be the ultimate chess match going on. Why would Dungy let anyone know about Harrison? I see two options:

1) If Harrison can give it a go, this would be the weekend wouldn't it? 20 - 30 plays to see how it's going at least.

2) If he does not play a snap, I don't see him playing til week 13ish.

He was my 1 keeper this year :overhead: