Sign in to follow this  
jkg31885

Chad Johnson

I just landed Chad Johnson in my dynasty league. I was wondering what everyone thought of him on the way out here. I am in position to make the playoffs, just getting opinions on how you think he would finish the year with the soft playoff schedule.

You should of got Housh or Henry over Chad. He doesn't scroe TD's. He hasn't scored a TD since week 2. But hey, this could be his week. He is overly due right now.

In this league we are awarded for yards as well. With a bonus at 100 150 and 200 yards receiving. Too give an understanding hes 6th overal with the receivers in my league thus far.

You were smart to target him. His value has got to be at a low right now - he wasn't providing great stats *before* Chris Henry came back. That said, he did really well last year with the same receiver corps so he's a good dynasty pickup. I drafted him as my #1 receiver in a redraft and have been underwhelmed by his stats. He should be a real bargain in redrafts next year.

well my team going into next year is as such Derek Anderson

AD

Bush/MJD

Chad Johnson

Braylon Edwards

Plaxico Burress/Calvin Johnson

Owen Daniels/Zach Miller

Jump off the Housh bandwagon right now. Look at his numbers in non-ppr leagues and has fallen to a solid #2-3 receiver over the past month. Henry is just going to make it worse. Henry WILL also make doubling CJ much harder. There you go.

You were smart to target him. His value has got to be at a low right now - he wasn't providing great stats *before* Chris Henry came back. That said, he did really well last year with the same receiver corps so he's a good dynasty pickup. I drafted him as my #1 receiver in a redraft and have been underwhelmed by his stats. He should be a real bargain in redrafts next year.

His playoff schedule is choice. Rams, 49ers, Browns. If Cincy's offense could start playing close to their potential they'd be ff gold. CJ may be coming with a couple of those huge games soon.

Jump off the Housh bandwagon right now. Look at his numbers in non-ppr leagues and has fallen to a solid #2-3 receiver over the past month. Henry is just going to make it worse. Henry WILL also make doubling CJ much harder. There you go.

So you really think that palmer is going to start looking away from his best target ALL year just because henry is back? I don't chink so.

Not sure if I agree. He has one sub-par game against Baltimore. Beyong that he has scored at least one TD in every game he's played. In my non-ppr league, Moss TO and Braylon are the only ones ahead of him and TO and Braylon are a total of 3 points overall better. Damn near same average.

Not sure if I agree. He has one sub-par game against Baltimore. Beyong that he has scored at least one TD in every game he's played. In my non-ppr league, Moss TO and Braylon are the only ones ahead of him and TO and Braylon are a total of 3 points overall better. Damn near same average.

In my league he has gone 11,18,17,16, B ,26, 10,14,10,4 . 4 weeks of average numbers starts to resemble a trend. Couple that with the addition of Henry and it does not look good. IMO Henry really takes the pressure off of CJ (less double and triple coverage) and gives Palmer another target which will decrease Housh looks. It may also decrease CJ looks, but he still gets the 40-50 yard looks that Housh does not get.

traded late last week for kevin jones... here's hoping for the best. i'm about to exaggerate... but, without looking, the dude's numbers are really mediocre save the one, two, or three weeks he absolutely goes off and throws up thirty or forty burgers. seems like he vaults to top ten annually based off the burgers not consistency. i prefer the consistency... that said, i'm anticipating him serving up a couple of burgers here on out.

In my league he has gone 11,18,17,16, B ,26, 10,14,10,4 . 4 weeks of average numbers starts to resemble a trend. Couple that with the addition of Henry and it does not look good. IMO Henry really takes the pressure off of CJ (less double and triple coverage) and gives Palmer another target which will decrease Housh looks. It may also decrease CJ looks, but he still gets the 40-50 yard looks that Housh does not get.

i agree with this for the most part. CJ had his massive games last year with Henry in the lineup. CJ will still get his downfield looks although Henry will get some of those as well. Housh will lose redzone looks to Henry though imo.

Henry is actually the most versatile wr Cincy has. Tall, can make the endzone grabs. Fast, can run the deep routes. He should really cause problems for defenses if this team's collective attitude is not too far gone. They should be able to get back to 8-8 if they decide not to quit.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion about what constitutes average numbers. 4 points I agree and have already conceded is not a good showing, but take the other three weeks of "average" numbers and it comes out to about 11.5 points a game. That would have been third overall last year behind Harrison (12.5) and TO (12). I would kill for my WR's to consistently put up 10 points every single week. Fact is TJ puts up more than that, typically with the occassional big game (has had one legitimate big game) and occassional crap game (has had one legitimate crap game.)

I'll take that kind of consistency over CJ's feast or famine numbers. I had him last year and it was a nightmare deciding on who to start, him or ROY, every week. I ussually guessed wrong. CJ finished top five last year in over all points, BUT out of 17 weeks of playing, he put up only six games of double digits. 40% of his final points total came in week 10 and week 11. Prior to his week 10 blow up, he put up the following numbers: 5, 13, 1, 6, bye, 9, 7, 13, 3. By the time he actually decided to show up, I'll bet most people didn't even get those points.

I'll let someone else deal with that second round pick headache and take consistency in round three. Also, in only 15 weeks of playing, housh had 8 games in double digits, with Henry and CJ playing alongside him. Just sayin

You should of got Housh or Henry over Chad. He doesn't scroe TD's. He hasn't scored a TD since week 2. But hey, this could be his week. He is overly due right now.

Would you like to make some sort of wager on that? If not, pipe down.

No way Henry puts up better numbers than Chad for the remainder of the season.

Just traded CJ for Ryan Grant. :doublethumbsup:

Just curious... who will you replace CJ in your line-up and who does Grant replace?

Just curious... who will you replace CJ in your line-up and who does Grant replace?

sorry bout the vague answer but was short on time when typing. Really needed help in the RB position. I also have Wayne, Holt, Hackett and RWhite. All I got at RB is Westy. Won't even mention the failures at #2 RB.

well thanks everyone for your views. I kinda looked at the soft playoff schedule and thought he was worth what I paid especially in a dynasty league.

Henry over Chad - no way :mad:

That may be the worst trade ever

Hey dork... before making assumptiopns. Why don't you inquire first? As I had mentioned, I was flying fine with WRs (CJohnson, Wayne, Holt, Hackett, CHenry). Very thin at RBs with basically Westbrook carrying the load. My Number 2 backs have failed so miserably, I won't even mention. Asides from blowing up in Week 2, CJ hasn't put up the numbers that warrant his high pick. I need help at RB + I have Hackett and Henry who will fill in nicely = you do the math genious.