Sign in to follow this  
smashmouths@blf

Family Ties Break...

This is my 5th season with LT and he has literally won me thousands of dollars along with great FF memories. This year I have run into some hard luck and I am in a Re-draft league with one keeper. Sooner or later I told myself I was going to have to let LT go(sounds gay) while he still had great value. I've seen too many owners hang on to players too long and end up screwing themselves. I am out of contention in my league and another owner is offering me MBIII and Ryan Grant along with his 2nd Round and 3rd Round Picks for next year. I can't really say no to that considering I have no shot at winning money this year. I swear to God it almost feels like I'm Divorcing my wife. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach. I know it's probably what I need to do, but it sucks. LT!!!!! :thumbsup:

I don't understand how you are getting any value out of this trade if you are out of contention. You are trading LT for a 2nd and 3rd round pick (which in a keep 1 is like a 3rd and 4th)? Barber is maybe a keeper depending on what happens in the offseason, but that's risky. I don't understand why Grant is even part of the deal.

I don't understand how you are getting any value out of this trade if you are out of contention. You are trading LT for a 2nd and 3rd round pick (which in a keep 1 is like a 3rd and 4th)? Barber is maybe a keeper depending on what happens in the offseason, but that's risky. I don't understand why Grant is even part of the deal.

I also have L.J. and was thinking with Julius Jones being a free agent that Marion Barber might be worth consideration as my keeper depending on what the Cowboys do. This is more of a long shot though.

I would not do that trade. I would ride out the rest of the season, keep LT for next year and start planning for my next years draft.

That's a horrible trade. There's no guarantee either of those guys are even starting next year. Who knows what will happen to Barber - if the Cowboys thought he was a 25 carry a game back, he'd be starting now. They could draft McFadden and Barber would be splitting again. Grant has a 2nd round pick sitting behind him on the bench that the team will certainly give another chance to next year to justify the high draft pick. And you're giving up potentially the #1 RB (maybe #1 FF player) for that?

It's OK to release Lawrence Taylor.

He doesn't get many sacks anymore....

This is my 5th season with LT and he has literally won me thousands of dollars along with great FF memories. This year I have run into some hard luck and I am in a Re-draft league with one keeper. Sooner or later I told myself I was going to have to let LT go(sounds gay) while he still had great value. I've seen too many owners hang on to players too long and end up screwing themselves. I am out of contention in my league and another owner is offering me MBIII and Ryan Grant along with his 2nd Round and 3rd Round Picks for next year. I can't really say no to that considering I have no shot at winning money this year. I swear to God it almost feels like I'm Divorcing my wife. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach. I know it's probably what I need to do, but it sucks. LT!!!!! :doublethumbsup:

I agree with the others. Take grant out of the picture and get one RB that you know will be a keeper next year. In reality you trade could easily end up being LT for a 2nd & 3rd rounder if MBIII doesn't pan out. Isn't LT worth more than that?

Agree with the rest here, you have to get more value for him. I was in the same situation earlier this year and I traded LT after having him since day 1 in the NFL (I also have an LT jersey and pretty cool bobble-head, so the man-love is high). But, like you, I felt the need to move-on rather than holding on too long. I feel I got fair value for LT.

My league is a 2 player keeper (3 if ones a rook) and you lose the draft round that your keeper occupies. LT = 2nd rounder. I got SJax (3rd rounder), E. Graham (18th rounder) and a 1st round pick next year. I haven't lost since and I feel good going into next year with SJax (3rd), Colston (15th) amd possibly M Bush (9th)as holdovers.

That's a horrible trade. There's no guarantee either of those guys are even starting next year. Who knows what will happen to Barber - if the Cowboys thought he was a 25 carry a game back, he'd be starting now. They could draft McFadden and Barber would be splitting again. Grant has a 2nd round pick sitting behind him on the bench that the team will certainly give another chance to next year to justify the high draft pick. And you're giving up potentially the #1 RB (maybe #1 FF player) for that?

I have L.J. and I can only keep one player on my roster for next season. That leaves me with L.J., two 2nd's and two 3rd's going into next season. Barber and Grant are more for this season to continue being competitive. If I hold on to LT too long, and he gets hurt or starts being average them I'm screwed.

Don't let go of LT2 yet, I know he will still be a top 10 back next year, and that is hard to come by. Besides it's not like he's putting up SA kind of numbers where you just know it's over. I say he's golden for at least one more year.

Marion Barber is going to be a monster next year. I'm in a 2 player psuedo-keeper league and am looking forward to having Brian Westbrook and Marion Barber III to start off with next year, so I've been following his situation close.

The odds are that Barber will be the starter in Dallas next year. He is starting to get alot of attention from the national media, and others around the NFL. He is a serious spark to that Dallas offense, I'm not sure that they would be quite as dynamic without him. Julius Jones is going to be gone, I don't see why they would want to resign him. They can get his production from a 4th round pick for alot less money.

But with that said - don't give up LT yet. As much as I like Marion Barber, LT is still on top of his game - regardless of how San Diego has performed this year. San Diego has just as much talent as anyone, they will definitley get things together by next season. It was obviously very difficult to replace most of their coaching staff, and it showed. By next year things will be better.

Even with what people are saying is a down year for LT2 - he's still a Top 3 RB this year. If that's a down year, that says a whole lot about what kind of player he is. You can tell by watching him play, it's not him that is causing the problems, it's the team. LT will still be a Top 2 pick next year, maybe even the first - you don't want to give that up quite yet.