Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Selvin Who?

Is he for real for real? How many of you have "already picked him up" because your league blows and allows for FA pickups mid-game?

Is he for real for real? How many of you have "already picked him up" because your league blows and allows for FA pickups mid-game?

Yeah, Hall is going to be the league MVP now. He is fantastic! :dunno:

Uh...that would be me.

Dude, it's okay! You're not alone, I assure you!

Uh...that would be me.

Not really fair to guys in your league who don't hover over their comp looking at injury reports.

**raises hand meekly** I'm hoping Young is out for the year with weedman. I grabbed Hall when Young limped off the first time.

**raises hand meekly** I'm hoping Young is out for the year with weedman. I grabbed Hall when Young limped off the first time.

***WELCOME FILTHY***

Please, take a seat anywhere, this room fills up quickly!

Not really fair to guys in your league who don't hover over their comp looking at injury reports.

Bah, I'd leave the grotto at the Playboy mansion to find a computer to injury vulture someone on WW. I'd run back to da

b!tches but I'd pick up the backup first. :dunno:

It would be funny if Selvin was dropped by these guys and he was kept on waivers since he was dropped. They would then lose Selvin and also have Hall hurt. :first:

Even better would be if they allowed immediate pickups of dropped players and someone picked up Selvin after an owner dropped him for Hall. :dunno:

Selvin saw the run by Hall and decided to get back in the game fast or he was going to lose his job.

another denver rb thread your posting in....wow you do care :lol:

another denver rb thread your posting in....wow you do care :lol:

I didn't know there were other NFL games on tonight.

yeah, it sure is stupid to reward the guys who watch the game. WTF? I have never understood why you shouldn't be able to pick whomever you want whenever you want? I just picked him up in 3 out of 5 leagues. got beat by a minute in one and the other doesn't allow pick ups till the next morning. Which just rewards me anyway cause I will sit and wait for the moment to grab the guy... you play the game to win Mephisto, so why not let people win it?

I'm tellin' ya fellas, there IS gold at the end of this rainbow. Just keep chasing it. :lol:

..and chasing and chasing and chasing until you puke from exhaustion because, well, that's the wrath of Ratface.

yeah, it sure is stupid to reward the guys who watch the game. WTF? I have never understood why you shouldn't be able to pick whomever you want whenever you want? I just picked him up in 3 out of 5 leagues. got beat by a minute in one and the other doesn't allow pick ups till the next morning. Which just rewards me anyway cause I will sit and wait for the moment to grab the guy... you play the game to win Mephisto, so why not let people win it?

Any league that doesn't have a waiver system in place is a joke! No one should be allowed to pick anyone up until after all the games have been played and a preset amount of time has transpired.

Any league that doesn't have a waiver system in place is a joke! No one should be allowed to pick anyone up until after all the games have been played and a preset amount of time has transpired.

I think that just allows people to set their lineup then check it in the morning. Myself; I enjoy being in a league where every single one of us is watching the games for fear of missing out on such opportunities. As far as a Waiver system being in place, that can be perverted to c0ckblock people from actually picking up substitutions. Bottomline is watch the games and be a FF fan.

No, what's stupid is rewarding those individuals who hover over their computer on Monday night hitting F5 just so they can grab such "studs" as A. Hall before the other members can. :lol:

You know the other members right? It's those guys who are probably busy working or paying attention to their kids/wife. The one's with a life.

Wow.....

Young should be just fine. He got a bit banged up, and Hall stepped up. I don't see any real value in Hall. All this does is make the loss of Henry minimal, if not good for the Broncos.

Young will be the #1, and Hall the backup.

The fact that Young came back in twice says that he's not too hurt, but kept out of a game that was already won as a precautionary measure.

and you'll notice when they needed a first down to take it to the 3 minute mark, even with Hall healthy, they put Young in there to catch a swing pass out of the back field. That right there should show you that they are behind Young 100%.

Myself; I enjoy being in a league where every single one of us is watching the games for fear of missing out on such opportunities.

So you are telling me that all the members of your league sit around all day Sunday and Monday night watching the games and hoping to grab someone off the waiver wire before someone else does?!?!?!

I think that just allows people to set their lineup then check it in the morning. Myself; I enjoy being in a league where every single one of us is watching the games for fear of missing out on such opportunities. As far as a Waiver system being in place, that can be perverted to c0ckblock people from actually picking up substitutions. Bottomline is watch the games and be a FF fan.

Well, I guess that depends on weather or not you have a life other than fantasy football. Most of us do not have the time to watch every single minute of every game. Furthermore if you research and draft well and use a fair ww system you should have enough depth on your roster to not be dependent on a last minute pickup.

Since when is FF a fair game?

You snooze, you lose. I work Monday nights...have nothing better to do but watch the game, and I have one league with no WW.

I didn't grab Hall, but I've grabbed people mid-game all season. That's FF. Don't like it, then beat me to the punch. You should be able to find two minutes during the game to log on and make a simple free agent pickup. You people act like it's a time consuming process...."Get a life; hovering over the comp", etc etc.

FF fans are football fans. Chances are you're watching MNF. If you are, and you see a player go off, log on and pick him up. If you're too lazy to do it, or can't find the two minutes to do it, go play another game.

There's more to FF than the draft, and then setting your lineups every Sunday morning. If you can't invest more time than that into it, then you need to find a less competitive league with others who don't have the time for it. Or join a league with a WW system. But don't complain if you're in a non-WW league and someone else is always beating you to the punch.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pick up Andre Hall. :lol:

So you are telling me that all the members of your league sit around all day Sunday and Monday night watching the games and hoping to grab someone off the waiver wire before someone else does?!?!?!

No; I'm saying we are all competitive. Period. You send a trade offer and it's answered that day if not immediately. Someone gets injured; you'd better have his backup. We've had guys that set their lineup and want to look at the WW on Tuesday to see what's happened on the weekend or let trade offers just sit there if they even realize they've received one. They were shown the door.

Since when is FF a fair game?

You snooze, you lose. I work Monday nights...have nothing better to do but watch the game, and I have one league with no WW.

I didn't grab Hall, but I've grabbed people mid-game all season. That's FF. Don't like it, then beat me to the punch. You should be able to find two minutes during the game to log on and make a simple free agent pickup. You people act like it's a time consuming process...."Get a life; hovering over the comp", etc etc.

FF fans are football fans. Chances are you're watching MNF. If you are, and you see a player go off, log on and pick him up. If you're too lazy to do it, or can't find the two minutes to do it, go play another game.

There's more to FF than the draft, and then setting your lineups every Sunday morning. If you can't invest more time than that into it, then you need to find a less competitive league with others who don't have the time for it. Or join a league with a WW system. But don't complain if you're in a non-WW league and someone else is always beating you to the punch.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pick up Andre Hall. :lol:

First off, you have nothing better to do...sounds like it's just convenient for you on Monday nights. Same may not be case for everyone.

I guess you're right though...I'll glady have dinner with my family and spend time with my kids then rush to computer to pick up a scrub...guess I do 'lose'.

To each his own, but personally this is the bad thing about ff...when ff is put before real football and/or when winning at ff is put before the fun of ff.

I'm just asking but are you one of those ffers who will actively cheer for his ff players against his own NFL team?

I'm not going to complain if a rb goes off against my team, but I'm not going to cheer for it either.

The other pt about fun v winning: for me, first and foremost ff is about fun.

So both my leagues, most of us like to get together at a bar and watch the games several times a year, to talk smack, have some brews, watch and jaw about football...in other words have some fun. But I've been in a yahoo league with the 'anytime pick someone up' system before and had 1 guy in particular who never came out with us. Why? Turns out b/c he didn't want to miss opportunity to big up a b/up after a starter got injured and even thought he had a better chance if most of us were at a bar.

Again, to each his own, and not saying that's you, but for me that's just sad.

No; I'm saying we are all competitive. Period. You send a trade offer and it's answered that day if not immediately. Someone gets injured; you'd better have his backup. We've had guys that set their lineup and want to look at the WW on Tuesday to see what's happened on the weekend or let trade offers just sit there if they even realize they've received one. They were shown the door.

Not letting trades sit or sitting by a computer every minute of every game is not neccesarily a prerequisite for being in a competitive league. Period. Some just have owners with families, jobs, etc. and understand (heck we actually call each other more often than just emails and get trades done that way) Agree that if your rules allow for anytime pick ups, guys shouldn't wait for WW on Tuesdays. But maybe they came from leagues where that was the standard.

It's good that you 'showed them the door' as sounds like what your league is about isn't for everyone ...I personally wouldn't have even walked in in the first place.

I'm just asking but are you one of those ffers who will actively cheer for his ff players against his own NFL team?

Nope. Diehard Steelers fan, and it takes priority over anything FF.

I don't check the stats while the game is on. I don't look at the live scoring while the game is on.

In fact, if I have a viable replacement, I'll bench whoever is playing the Steelers that week.

I can see what you're saying though. My point of view is skewed because, as I said, I'm at the computer on Monday nights anyway. So I take advantage of being in a non-WW league. If people are putting it above their families, or going out with their friends, I don't agree with that. But that's the risk of joining a non-WW league..there's probably going to be someone hovering over the WW every Monday night. It seems like people are complaining about that, and they shouldn't be.

Not letting trades sit or sitting by a computer every minute of every game is not neccesarily a prerequisite for being in a competitive league. Period. Some just have owners with families, jobs, etc. and understand (heck we actually call each other more often than just emails and get trades done that way) Agree that if your rules allow for anytime pick ups, guys shouldn't wait for WW on Tuesdays. But maybe they came from leagues where that was the standard.

It's good that you 'showed them the door' as sounds like what your league is about isn't for everyone ...I personally wouldn't have even walked in in the first place.

Wow, way to sound offensive. Pretty much guaranteed you wouldn't have been invited in to begin with. :lol:

BTW; our league is comprised of all married guys with kids and yes we have lives outside FF. We don't sit in front of the computer but if there's a game on you keep one ear on the game for injuries, scores, etc. AD owner last week playing board game with his kids hears AD go down; runs to computer to snag Chester Taylor. Argument could be made that he should have handcuffed him already but we have limited roster spots.

Wow, way to sound offensive. Pretty much guaranteed you wouldn't have been invited in to begin with. <_<

Wow, way to sound defensive.

Yeah, b/c saying you 'showed the door' to owners who didn't meet your standards of ff didn't come off as arrogant or offensive. :lol:

Wow, way to sound defensive.

Yeah, b/c saying you 'showed the door' to owners who didn't meet your standards of ff didn't come off as arrogant or offensive. <_<

So you've never had a guy in your league that wasn't trying or put forth the minimum effort? I suppose you're okay with them just occupying a place in your league so you can get some easy wins or pork them on some trades. GJ :lol:

I'd have to agree that any league without a ww system is a joke. Yes, fantasy football players should be NFL fans. Lets say you go to the game that day. Should you be punished for not being able to sit near your computer just in case an injury takes place? Thats just crazy.

So you've never had a guy in your league that wasn't trying or put forth the minimum effort? I suppose you're okay with them just occupying a place in your league so you can get some easy wins or pork them on some trades. GJ :lol:

Yup, and b/c they were friends when we would get together to watch games...not each of us sitting at home by our cpu's waiting for someone to get hurt, we did this novel thing...we didn't just 'show them the door', we talked to them.

Asked them if he really wanted to be in league and if so we'd appreciate a quality effort week in and week out...could they do that?

One said yeah and has been a solid member of league...one explained no b/c he liked hanging but the ff part wasn't big for him. He decided not to come back but still comes out to watch football and hosts our regular poker games. In effect, we didn't show either 'the door'...we talked to them and one came around and one didnt' but still hangs with us.

It's funny as your theme is about winning and then you bring up 'getting easy wins or getting over in trades' and for me it's about ff being fun and camaraderie.

Says alot huh?

Nope. Diehard Steelers fan, and it takes priority over anything FF.

I don't check the stats while the game is on. I don't look at the live scoring while the game is on.

In fact, if I have a viable replacement, I'll bench whoever is playing the Steelers that week.

I can see what you're saying though. My point of view is skewed because, as I said, I'm at the computer on Monday nights anyway. So I take advantage of being in a non-WW league. If people are putting it above their families, or going out with their friends, I don't agree with that. But that's the risk of joining a non-WW league..there's probably going to be someone hovering over the WW every Monday night. It seems like people are complaining about that, and they shouldn't be.

Good to hear this obsession called FF hasn't thorougly corrupted you. :dunno:

And yes, excellent point abut 'risk of joining non-WW league'...FF101 is 'know your league rules'.

That not only applies to scoring but any nuances like WW v non-WW.

I wouldn't join one myself, but again to each his own...if you enjoy it that's what matters.

But if anyone were to join such a league, you're right...they should expect some to do the hover and grab thing. Otherwise they should have known better and not joined in first place.

Yup, and b/c they were friends when we would get together to watch games...not each of us sitting at home by our cpu's waiting for someone to get hurt, we did this novel thing...we didn't just 'show them the door', we talked to them.

Asked them if he really wanted to be in league and if so we'd appreciate a quality effort week in and week out...could they do that?

I'm guessing I should have written a novel explaining that 'showing them the door' actually was a process involving talking to them about their commitment (which BTW was done BEFORE they join). It's a church league where we're all friends go mainly for bragging rights and we get together to watch the games and again, don't always sit in front of the computer. But you learn after awhile (especially this season with all the injuries) not to be too far away from a t.v. or computer.

FWIW, I'd much rather be in one of these 'joke' leagues with no waiver system than to be in one where I can pick up then drop all viable replacements thereby manipulating the waiting period to fock my 'friends' over. Not saying you're advocating one of these but each system has it's shortcomings and with this one, at least it remains friendly, not cutthroat.

Good luck with the rest of your season NAn. :dunno:

I'm guessing I should have written a novel explaining that 'showing them the door' actually was a process involving talking to them about their commitment (which BTW was done BEFORE they join). It's a church league where we're all friends go mainly for bragging rights and we get together to watch the games and again, don't always sit in front of the computer. But you learn after awhile (especially this season with all the injuries) not to be too far away from a t.v. or computer.

FWIW, I'd much rather be in one of these 'joke' leagues with no waiver system than to be in one where I can pick up then drop all viable replacements thereby manipulating the waiting period to fock my 'friends' over. Not saying you're advocating one of these but each system has it's shortcomings and with this one, at least it remains friendly, not cutthroat.

Good luck with the rest of your season NAn. :dunno:

Same to you man...my bad if came off harsh.

Comes down to 'hey if your league and it's rules are what you enjoy, more power to you.'

Wouldn't be in a league that allowed ww pickups during games. I'm more interested in my league having some degree of competitive balance than making it a competition to see who has the fastest internet hookup.

24 hour period after the last game of the week concludes, with priority to worst record. First come, first served after that. Rewards those that pay attention, weighted toward teams that need the most help.

NFL teams can't make moves while games are in progress, why should your ff team?

:dunno: :headbanger:

:wall: :overhead: