Sign in to follow this  
mixmasterbert

Thoughts on Calvin Johnson go foward?

he was hurt and now looks to be a big part of the passing game. the only problem i see is that there is. too many weapons on Detroit's team. If he can stay a solid number 3 i'll be happy but I have to think there will be inconsistency i hope i'm wrong. what do u guys think?

They deffinitely are looking to get him very involved, but he didnt look too sharp today. Made some bad reads on the ball and dropped a couple easy ones. As much as they throw the ball, he'l still get plenty of chances to get some decent numbers though.

You are talking about the guy who led the team with 7 catches, 83 yards, and a TD today, right? I think his back is keeping him from putting up GREAT stats, but he's been pretty solid lately, and barring further injury, should continue to be so in the future.

He was a bit shell-shocked in the first half-- sorta that look when rookies first get that "you're it, kid, it's up to you now!" speech from the coach. But he came 'round in the 2nd half and started finding his game. I think it was a watershed moment for him.

Now Detroit needs to find some balance between he and Roy. (Detroit actually needs quite a bit, but I'm referring to the passing game only for the purposes of this thread) And that has to be Kitna's responsibility.

He was a bit shell-shocked in the first half-- sorta that look when rookies first get that "you're it, kid, it's up to you now!" speech from the coach. But he came 'round in the 2nd half and started finding his game. I think it was a watershed moment for him.

Now Detroit needs to find some balance between he and Roy. (Detroit actually needs quite a bit, but I'm referring to the passing game only for the purposes of this thread) And that has to be Kitna's responsibility.

on the money right here

*IF* he didn't drop 3 easy catches and another more difficult one, he very well may have had 150+ and 1 TD

He was a decent bye week filler this year. With Edwards, Holt and Wayne, hard to get him into my lineup.

Bad drops in the 1st half yesterday, but he's the real deal. Should have a long and productive career.

I see the Lions being down in the 2nd half and facing 2nd teamers/prevent defenses for the rest of the season. I expect there are lots of juicy garbage points out there for him, and I'd put him my 10-team flex spot depending on the matchup. Looking to next year, I hope people sour on him a bit this year and he gets the coveted "sleeper" status next year!! :music_guitarred: