Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

What a weird week!

Scores were all over the place today, some HUGE weeks and some terrible weeks. The playoffs could get pretty interesting here...

The only thing I have to worry about is McFadden or Stewart. :D

Yeah, you made that pretty clear by playing Brandon Jackson 2 weeks in a row. :music_guitarred: WTF!

Yeah, you made that pretty clear by playing Brandon Jackson 2 weeks in a row. :angry: WTF!

Really? If this is true and you had other RBs actually playing then we need to talk about this. Throwing games to improve draft position is just as bad as collusion. Smitty, a comment please................

Yeah, you made that pretty clear by playing Brandon Jackson 2 weeks in a row. :thumbsup: WTF!

Helped me out alot! :wub:

Honestly, I was kind of curious why he didn't start R. Johnson or K. Watson. This is a very sensitive subject and I'm sure there are strong opinions on both sides. I can see where you would be upset because me losing to him would have pretty much clinched a playoff spot for you.

Not sure if it makes you feel any better or not, but I had a pretty solid week and would have beat him no matter who he started.

Still, that's not the point, I can see where you'd be upset.

I don't think we've ever really addressed not starting your best lineup. It's too subjective to prove.

Helped me out alot! :pointstosky:

I don't think we've ever really addressed not starting your best lineup. It's too subjective to prove.

But at least players who you know are at least starting and producing.

Really? If this is true and you had other RBs actually playing then we need to talk about this. Throwing games to improve draft position is just as bad as collusion. Smitty, a comment please................

I agree, throwing games should deffinitely not be happening, but just because he started Brandon Jackson over Rudi(who hasnt done a thing all year) doesnt mean he was losing on purpose. I'm not sure his reasoning behind starting him over Watson, but it doesnt prove he was trying to lose on purpose. It's just expected that everyone start their best lineup each week, sometimes that might look different than others expect though.

I agree, throwing games should deffinitely not be happening, but just because he started Brandon Jackson over Rudi(who hasnt done a thing all year) doesnt mean he was losing on purpose. I'm not sure his reasoning behind starting him over Watson, but it doesnt prove he was trying to lose on purpose. It's just expected that everyone start their best lineup each week, sometimes that might look different than others expect though.

I didn't really mean to make a big stink about this, but I have interest on both sides. I am in the playoff hunt so I'm hoping everyone is putting their best lineup out. I also have a potential high draft pick in DBF's 1st rounder. I agree, though, it's really too subjective, but some moves are just head scratchers.

I played Brandon Jackson as a flier in the thanksgiving game, Ryan Grant was Questionable going into the game. Lynch is still injured and there was no word on either Johnson OR Watson yet at that point of the week. I fell victim of thinking Grant was more hurt than he was.

This week, I simply forgot to change my lineup before the Thursday game, I have no Packer/Cowboys in any of my other leagues and it never even came to my attention until Sunday when I was setting the rest of my lineup that I had Jackson still in my lineup. I apologize, if I was trying to throw my game do you think I would have put forth the starting lineup I did? I could have played Schaub at QB, Patrick/Troupe at TE, Chad Jackson at WR. I wouldn't try to lose a game on purpose.

Why is there no heat on DBF? The guy BENCHED Adrian Peterson for Warrick Dunn and started an injured DJ Hackett.

Why is there no heat on DBF? The guy BENCHED Adrian Peterson for Warrick Dunn and started an injured DJ Hackett.

:shocking:

True, that is pretty peculiar, but DBF doesn't own his first rounder so he has not much motivation to lose. It's still a ??? nonetheless.

Again, like I said I apologize for the mistake Jackson. I've never thrown any game in any league and I've been around these boards and in alot of these leagues for a long time. On the bright side, no matter who I played I still wouldn't have won either game and still would be last in the league in points, so it thankfully didn't screw anyone.

However, seeing as this DID come up, and there were two questionable teams going into the last week or two of the season I think we should put forth a rule going into next season on 'throwing' games and not fielding your best lineup just to get a better draft position. What that answer is, I don't know, but it should be up for discussion.

Again, like I said I apologize for the mistake Jackson. I've never thrown any game in any league and I've been around these boards and in alot of these leagues for a long time. On the bright side, no matter who I played I still wouldn't have won either game and still would be last in the league in points, so it thankfully didn't screw anyone.

However, seeing as this DID come up, and there were two questionable teams going into the last week or two of the season I think we should put forth a rule going into next season on 'throwing' games and not fielding your best lineup just to get a better draft position. What that answer is, I don't know, but it should be up for discussion.

It's a very gray area. The only thing I can think of that would somewhat resolve it is to have a lottery system for the teams that don't make the playoffs, kind of like in the NBA. Just because you finish last, doesn't mean you are guaranteed the 1st pick in the draft.

Sign in to follow this