Sign in to follow this  
Smurphy118

I need to vent.....

If the season ends today, I won't make the playoffs. My team has scored over 1500 points in my 12 team auction, 1st place in points by over 100 over the next team, yet I am 6-6. I am currently 7th and top 6 make the playoffs. I have been doing fantasy for awhile now, and have never seen such a disparity, and of course it happens to my team. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, may want to start a support group...

Don't sweat it, man. It's FF and it happens. Sure, it sucks, but it sounds like every time you played each team (at least the times you lost), they had their highest scoring outings of the season and squeaked by you.

It doesn't mean you suck, it just means you haven't had much luck this year. That's what makes FF so damn frustrating some times.

Maybe if you didn't suck so much as a manager of your fantasy team you would be in the playoffs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

None of those points were on my bench, @sshat

None of those points were on my bench, @sshat

Oh so you are telling us that you haven't made a single error in judgment as far as your bench players are concerned for 12 straight weeks. You are so full of crap its not even funny. Just face it, you are a crappy owner and just came here to whine about it and look for support.

Honestly, I haven't. I dont have the depth. I've been lucky that I have stayed healthy. And even if I have made mistakes, the point is the disparity between points and win/loss, not mgmt decisions. Ive seen first palce teams who have middle of the pack point totals, but for a team to be in the lead in points by a week's worth of points and be in seventh place is something I've never heard of before.

Honestly, I haven't. I dont have the depth. I've been lucky that I have stayed healthy. And even if I have made mistakes, the point is the disparity between points and win/loss, not mgmt decisions. Ive seen first palce teams who have middle of the pack point totals, but for a team to be in the lead in points by a week's worth of points and be in seventh place is something I've never heard of before.

Every year in each of my leagues we have someone saying the same thing as you. You know what that guy is? A Loser.

Dude, you just got an unfavorable schedule (when the others happened to have excellent weeks for once). Had the schedule been different, you would probably be in 1st.

i feel your pain brother. until this week i was leading the scoring in my league (currently on 8 pts out of first in scoring) yet i've lost 4 in a row. it's the points against that are killing me. i've had 120 pts more scored against me than the next guy, 10+ pts a game! And the team that has had the least scored against them is a whopping 330 pts behind me in getting scored on...33 freakin pts per game!!!! Injuries are killing me but jeebus, could somebody please stop hanging up 30-40 pts above the league average on me???

14 team league. I lead the league in points by 280.

I am 10 and 2, tied with 2 other teams. we only have one division and if I don't win next week, I won't win the division. Which is $500 for just winning the division. both my losses I scored 95 and 96 points. I have 319 more points than one of the other 10 and 2 teams. I am so sick and tired of head to head. I keep trying to change it, it's slowly changing, but it takes time.

Damn! There are so many flamers on these boards...Geez, don't kick the guy when he's down, man!

Kicking a man when he is down is the optimal time to do it, opposed to kicking him when he is standing up. :(

The object of fantasy football is to score more points than your opponent, not score the most.

You claim you scored the most point, but if there are several teams just behind you then it's a moot point.

Also, scoring 200 points in one week and then 50 the next doesn't get you to 1st place.

Learn to get more consistant players on your team, or people might say you just got lucky that a player went off.

14 team league. I lead the league in points by 280.

I am 10 and 2, tied with 2 other teams. we only have one division and if I don't win next week, I won't win the division. Which is $500 for just winning the division. both my losses I scored 95 and 96 points. I have 319 more points than one of the other 10 and 2 teams. I am so sick and tired of head to head. I keep trying to change it, it's slowly changing, but it takes time.

Well maybe you should get in an easier league since this one is obviously a tier above your skill level of team management.

If the season ends today, I won't make the playoffs. My team has scored over 1500 points in my 12 team auction, 1st place in points by over 100 over the next team, yet I am 6-6. I am currently 7th and top 6 make the playoffs. I have been doing fantasy for awhile now, and have never seen such a disparity, and of course it happens to my team. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, may want to start a support group...

Wow, bad luck.

One year in our 14 team, auction league, the high-scorer almost did not make the play-offs. The next year we wrote an exemption into the constitution: Team with most points automatically gets a play-off spot if they would not normally make the play-offs, replacing the lowest wildcard team.

Of course this does not stop the second lowest team from crying, but, afterall, the best team should be in the play-offs. I suggest you make the switch after the season, regardless of your outcome this week.

Good luck this week.

Turd, I see how you came up with your name; everyone calls you a piece of sh!t.

If he's leading the league in points he is a good manager and just had bad matchups. Sure he may have been able to put up a little bit more but even if you max out your points and your opponent puts up more, you still lose. No ammount of management is going to stop your opponent from going off on you. Seems pretty focking elementary. Quit being a focking troll.

I have by far and away the best team in my league, and i was on the verge of missing the playoffs if FWP had a good game last night, and if i went on to lose the final regular season game...

Quit crying.

Sometimes this can be deciving. I have a similar team but my problem is that one week I will score 150 points and the next week I will score 60. I have great average but I am still 1-1 at this point. In a head to head league consistance is important.

If he's leading the league in points he is a good manager and just had bad matchups. Sure he may have been able to put up a little bit more but even if you max out your points and your opponent puts up more, you still lose. No ammount of management is going to stop your opponent from going off on you. Seems pretty focking elementary. Quit being a focking troll.

Turd is a NASCAR fan you can't blame him for being a moron :lol:

This is why I like the Total Points league I am in, highest scorer wins the pot. I play in both types of leagues but easily the best and most fun is the TP league. In the h2h league I am in, there is always someone complaining about the scenario being discussed here, in a TP league no such arguements. We have h2h play in the TP league but we just give a bonus pt if you win your matchup that week.

We are seeing the same type of thing in our 12 team keeper. One divisions winner is very low in points and if he drops a game in the next two he will be out the the running, That said he has two more wins than the top points team. They could miss our playoffs all together. Good luck getting back on track.

No ammount of management is going to stop your opponent from going off on you. Seems pretty focking elementary. Quit being a focking troll.

If you start Lee Evans over Andre Johnson and Lee Evans get you three points to 20 for Andre Johnson and you lost 140-130 since the rest of your team kicks so much ass then you are a pathetic team manager. Every player on your roster could be having career seasons but if you can't manage a team you aren't worth a crap. Maybe you need to find a new hobby if you haven't figured this out yet. :lol:

If you start Lee Evans over Andre Johnson and Lee Evans get you three points to 20 for Andre Johnson and you lost 140-130 since the rest of your team kicks so much ass then you are a pathetic team manager. Every player on your roster could be having career seasons but if you can't manage a team you aren't worth a crap. Maybe you need to find a new hobby if you haven't figured this out yet. :dunno:

Maybe you should have learned to read while attending the 2nd grade four focking times.

You quoted the following from me: "No ammount of management is going to stop your opponent from going off on you. Seems pretty focking elementary. Quit being a focking troll."

You can only get so many points per week and the guy said he's leading the league so he must be putting up pretty damn good totals but his opponents are putting up better. It's called strength of schedule meaning that each week he seems to go up against the person that for that week is putting up the most focking points. If he has the most points by over 100, he probably has the highest weekly average but his average opponent puts up more points because his players went the fock off. It's bad matchups for the most part and not mismanagement.

Holy sh!t you're a dumba$$ if you can't understand that concept.

Well maybe you should get in an easier league since this one is obviously a tier above your skill level of team management.

:dunno:

Douchebagsayswhat?

Yeah, my coach rating is 93, which is 1st in the league.

You can only get so many points per week and the guy said he's leading the league so he must be putting up pretty damn good totals but his opponents are putting up better. It's called strength of schedule meaning that each week he seems to go up against the person that for that week is putting up the most focking points. If he has the most points by over 100, he probably has the highest weekly average but his average opponent puts up more points because his players went the fock off. It's bad matchups for the most part and not mismanagement.

Holy sh!t you're a dumba$$ if you can't understand that concept.

Losers talk about strength of schedule when they lose. Its a good excuse and I'm sure it goes over GREAT with their league. You don't seem to understand the concept of being a good team manager. Any moron can start the same guy every week and pick up all of his peak weeks but its the good manager that knows when to start someone else due to certain factors. God I wish your stupid ass was in all of my leagues.

We never had this problem. We have 12 teams in 3 divisions. Division winners get a playoff berth while the next two are filled by record with the 6th wildcard is total points. This always manages to alleviate the issue you're having. Poll the league and see if you can get support for a rule change for next year.

This is why TP leagues are clearly better. People always come back that head to head is more like real football, I call BS. In real football, you can play DEFENSE! In FF there is no such thing, no way to control what your opponent does, therefore to determine who assembles and coaches the best team, it should be all about offense, which is what a TP league is all about.

I play in both types, and by far the most entertaining and fairest league is the TP league.

Losers talk about strength of schedule when they lose. Its a good excuse and I'm sure it goes over GREAT with their league. You don't seem to understand the concept of being a good team manager. Any moron can start the same guy every week and pick up all of his peak weeks but its the good manager that knows when to start someone else due to certain factors. God I wish your stupid ass was in all of my leagues.

Me too. Given the fact you think you can magically control how well your opponent does, I'd own your a$$. And after I kicked your a$$ in FF I'd swing by your 'Special Needs' class and smack you around a little, ya retard. :rolleyes:

If the original poster maxed out his points each week and his opponent puts up more points, there isn't any managerial skill you think you possess that can change that loss into a win. You sir are a focking moron.

First of all, the original poster stated he had all of his highest scoring players in which makes him a good team manager. 2nd, if you flip the scales and see someone win 68-40, and you lose 150-140, I would say team management has nothing to do with it...luck does. The only time team management comes into play is when you are benching players who are outscoring your starting players. In the original posters case, this is not happening, he is simply having bad luck. The guy who won our league last year was 8th in pts. in a 10 team league. Team was horrible and his bench pts. almost outscored his starters most weeks. Bottom line, the guy got lucky. His team management was horrible and he never switched his roster.

Turd either likes starting controversy just to do so or is coming up short in the common sense department.

First of all, the original poster stated he had all of his highest scoring players in which makes him a good team manager. 2nd, if you flip the scales and see someone win 68-40, and you lose 150-140, I would say team management has nothing to do with it...luck does. The only time team management comes into play is when you are benching players who are outscoring your starting players. In the original posters case, this is not happening, he is simply having bad luck. The guy who won our league last year was 8th in pts. in a 10 team league. Team was horrible and his bench pts. almost outscored his starters most weeks. Bottom line, the guy got lucky. His team management was horrible and he never switched his roster.

Turd either likes starting controversy just to do so or is coming up short in the commons sense department.

I'm going with a third option; he's a pr!ck that came out swinging at the original poster and only AFTER he made a complete a$$ of himself, did he realize just how retarded he sounded.

I guarantee you he is sitting in his mother's basement as I type this, wondering if he should masturbate into his dress blue 'love sock' or the silk slip he stole from his mother. After the night shift at Walmart collecting shopping carts in the parking lot, he'll sit in front of his computer with one thumb up his a$$ and the other in his mouth playing 'switchie' every minute or so.

Stop whining! :lol: If you had a 9-3 record, but were 8th out of 12 teams in scoring you would probably think your team was good. In reality, the team would not be good and would only have caught the easy schedule.

P.S. I doubt your story is true!

maybe you should quit fantasy football and pickup something a better fit for you....checkers? i hear yahoo checkers is very competitive.

every league should always have a wildcard spot for its leading scorer.

You are not alone. 6-6 here as well....first in points by ~100, and most in points against by ~150.

It's not a bad team. Brady, Westbrook, McGahee, Holt, Welker, Holmes, Cooley, Giants D...

But the ball just does not bounce my way.

Point and case:

Was on the receiving end of ADP's first 200 yard, 3 TD game (vs Chicago, I think)....lost that game.

Between that week and the week of the MIN-SD game, ADP was traded.

Because of that, I faced ADP AGAIN when he went for 296 against San Diego....lost that game as well.

Went against Chester Taylor a couple weeks ago when he had his huge game...narrowly won by about 5 points.

Minnesota RB are the bane of my existence. :cry:

However, I can make the playoffs with a win next week. I refuse to be the only Brady owner in the country not making the FF playoffs. :doh:

We never had this problem. We have 12 teams in 3 divisions. Division winners get a playoff berth while the next two are filled by record with the 6th wildcard is total points. This always manages to alleviate the issue you're having. Poll the league and see if you can get support for a rule change for next year.

We do the same thing. Seems like there is always one team that scores a ton but faces the wrong opponents too many times. This is the perfect way to compensate for strength of schedule, throw that team a bone and give them a fair shot at the championship.

I think Turd maybe be Mr. Hanky's son -- the one who was born with a peanut in his head. :rolleyes:

We do the same thing. Seems like there is always one team that scores a ton but faces the wrong opponents too many times. This is the perfect way to compensate for strength of schedule, throw that team a bone and give them a fair shot at the championship.

I think Turd maybe be Mr. Hanky's son -- the one who was born with a peanut in his head. <_<

So, does this mean the team with the most points that is not part of the top five seeds gets in? This sounds like a good idea and I want to understand how you guys do it.

In my league, the guy that is 2nd in points right now will not make the playoffs...he will probably finish 7th out of 10 teams. In that scenario, the 6th seed, who has fewer points than he, would not get in, but the guy that is the 2nd highest in points and will probably finish 7th would get in?

So, does this mean the team with the most points that is not part of the top five seeds gets in? This sounds like a good idea and I want to understand how you guys do it.

In my league, the guy that is 2nd in points right now will not make the playoffs...he will probably finish 7th out of 10 teams. In that scenario, the 6th seed, who has fewer points than he, would not get in, but the guy that is the 2nd highest in points and will probably finish 7th would get in?

As I understand your scenario, team 6 has a better record than team 7 but team 7 has more points? If that is the case then, yes, team 7 would get a seed before team 6 using our rules. Our league obviously gives the division winners the first 3 seeds (determined by overall record, division record, then points) and there have been instances when a division winner's record is worse than someone in another division but that's how it goes. Still he can make it in in the next two seeds that go to the next 2 best overall records with ties decided by division record then points. The final seed goes to the team with the most points not already seeded. As a true h2h, record plays the most important part in determination of seeding but you still want that team that has a great point total to have a chance. And to keep things fun and everyone interested we always have a toilet bowl for the remaining 6 teams so everyone continues to participate.

Yes. We have 12 teams in three divisions. Six teams make the playoffs: the three division champs and three wildcard teams. The first two wildcard teams are selected by season record (with total points scored breaking ties). The third wildcard team is the remaining team with the highest number of points scored on the season, regardless of record.

In your league, the guy who is 2nd in points would go to the playoffs as the 3rd wildcard team (assuming he ends up finishing 7th, as predicted, and that you have six teams in the playoffs). The guy who finishes 6th, however, would not make it to the postseason.

HTH

Yes. We have 12 teams in three divisions. Six teams make the playoffs: the three division champs and three wildcard teams. The first two wildcard teams are selected by season record (with total points scored breaking ties). The third wildcard team is the remaining team with the highest number of points scored on the season, regardless of record.

In your league, the guy who is 2nd in points would go to the playoffs as the 3rd wildcard team (assuming he ends up finishing 7th, as predicted, and that you have six teams in the playoffs). The guy who finishes 6th, however, would not make it to the postseason.

HTH

I see, thanks man.

I guess the guy that scrapes his way into 6th place with fewer points is the guy that starts bitching. But that makes sense to reward a guy that is getting serious points, but just got jacked on the schedule. It's not like the NFL where the schedule is set up based on power rankings from the previous year, etc. So, it makes sense to give the guy a break that gets screwed on the schedule, but still produces.