Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

As a white boy .... you ever listen to RAP?

My glove compartment is locked and so is the trunk in the back ...

I got Peligrino and Dasani ... you want sparkling or soft?

Yo ... my Step-Dad is from Saint Alban's, Queens ... AKA Hollis.

Run:

It was December 24th on Hollis Ave in the dark

When I seen a man chilling with his dog in the park

I approached very slowly with my heart full of fear

Looked at his dog, oh my God, an ill reindeer

But then I was illin because the man had a beard

And a bag full of goodies, 12 o'clock had neared

So I turned my head a second and the man had gone

But he left his driver's wallet smack dead on the lawn

I picket the wallet up then I took a pause

Took out the license and it cold said "Santa Claus"

A million dollars in it, cold hundreds of G's

Enough to buy a boat and matching car with ease

But I'd never steal from Santa, cause that ain't right

So I'm going home to mail it back to him that night

But when I got home I bugged, cause under the tree

Was a letter from Santa and all the dough was for me

D.M.C. :

It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens

Mom's cooking chicken and collard greens

Rice and stuffing, macaroni and cheese

And Santa put gifts under Christmas trees

Decorate the house with lights at night

Snow's on the ground, snow white so bright

In the fireplace is the yule log

Beneath the mistle toe as we drink egg nog

The rhymes you hear are the rhymes of Darryl's

But each and every year we bust Chrsitmas carrols

(Christmas melodies)

Run-D.M.C. :

Rhymes so loud and prod you hear it

It's Christmas time and we got the spirit

Jack Frost chillin, the orchas out?

And that's what Christmas is all about

The time is now, the place is here

And the whole wide world is filled with cheer

D.M.C. :

My name's D.M.C. with the mic in my hand

And I'm chilling and coolin just like a snowman

So open your eyes, lend us an ear

We want to say

Run-D.M.C. :

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Spent my first "White Christmas" in St. Albans.

Funny scene Christmas morning, I was standing outside smoking. Little black kid rode by on his brand new bicycle ... with a look of amazement. "Wow ... the William's got a white guy for Christmas!" kinda look ... and I was all waving and being a stupid ass west coast white boy ... I got some good stories.

I went to see Beverly Hills Cop 2, in Queens when it came out. Had a big mohawk.

WAS FINE! Well first of all, if you show up looking like you got some Prince style in Queens ...

I'm an idiot for thinking anyone here could even begin to understand anything about my family. It's all amazingly complicated. Mom's side links to Edgar Allen Poe and the Poe family.

BUT I AM 100% POSITIVE .... that my Cousin-in-Law is Cicily Tyson, and she was married to Miles Davis .... the blood relation is already lost but I have met the Tyson family ... no relation to Mike that I know of.

Remember the coffee commercials she did in the 80's?

I never saw the Beatles or Hendrix ... but I saw Miles Davis live. He was .... great.

I hate to say it, but, i was looking at my music the other say, about half of it is rap. I use to hate rap, but, it is really hard not to listen to it when you grow up in the D. I started actually listening to it, and realize it is actually a good genre of music.

At one time..... I remember buying the first Public Enemy (on casette) mainly because the cover made them look like clowns...

I thought it was decent. Got me interested in Run DMC, the Beastie Boys, Kool Moe Dee, Rob Base, LL, Davy D etc etc.....once the whole "ghetto gangsta" thing got tired in the mid-nineties I more or less turned away from it

Now, the genre is liek 99% crap, rarely is there a rapper worth anything anymore... :blink:

I'm a rap loving white boy. I agree that prolly 95% of the commercial rap out there is garbage. The only mainstream acts I like are Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast and NAS. Jay-Z puts out some quality stuff here and there too.

I'm much more into socially conscious artists like Common and more experimental producer types like David Banner.

I'm a rap loving white boy. I agree that prolly 95% of the commercial rap out there is garbage. The only mainstream acts I like are Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast and NAS. Jay-Z puts out some quality stuff here and there too.

I'm much more into socially conscious artists like Common and more experimental producer types like David Banner.

Here, check out Matisyahu.... :music_guitarred:

Also, give Mattafix a try if you can....

Listen to some immortal technique. I can't even compare him to anyone else since he's so different. A LOT of his rap has to do with social commentary and i find myself having to look things up to see what he's talkin about. Like when he called Condi rice "a new-age sally hemmings" i didn't get it. He mentions Paul Wellstone in some song and i had to look him up too.

Jay-Z's new album is the best album of the year no doubt. Common and the whole "crew" (talib, consequence, mos def) are all really good too. Freeway's new album is surprisingly good too.

For some reason, i never really got into wu-tang.

Any rappers you recommend?

At one time..... I remember buying the first Public Enemy (on casette) mainly because the cover made them look like clowns...

I thought it was decent. Got me interested in Run DMC, the Beastie Boys, Kool Moe Dee, Rob Base, LL, Davy D etc etc.....once the whole "ghetto gangsta" thing got tired in the mid-nineties I more or less turned away from it

Now, the genre is liek 99% crap, rarely is there a rapper worth anything anymore... :wacko:

Thruth :unsure:

Nas, Talib Kweli.... :unsure:

Typical JAY-Z: start of song..."No clouds in my STONESss"

SHUT THE FOCK UP!!!!!!!! nobody cares about your diamonds or how much money you make for your sh!tty music. DOUCHE!!!

Eminem at least has some talent as a writer and singer

SHUT THE FOCK UP!!!!!!!! nobody cares about your diamonds or how much money you make for your sh!tty music. DOUCHE!!!

Ha, i'm guessing you haven't heard his newest album, or for that matter, any of his albums. You're quoting a song he was featured on. A song that was a single and meant for the radio.

Listen to some immortal technique. I can't even compare him to anyone else since he's so different. A LOT of his rap has to do with social commentary and i find myself having to look things up to see what he's talkin about. Like when he called Condi rice "a new-age sally hemmings" i didn't get it. He mentions Paul Wellstone in some song and i had to look him up too.

Jay-Z's new album is the best album of the year no doubt. Common and the whole "crew" (talib, consequence, mos def) are all really good too. Freeway's new album is surprisingly good too.

For some reason, i never really got into wu-tang.

Any rappers you recommend?

Check out Pharoahe Monch if you like Kweli, Mos Def, etc.

Mos Def and Talib are two of the best out there right now, they just don't get enough attention, but that's how they like it. They have as much talent as anyone, it's too bad that more people don't get it.

Mos Def and Kweli have a great album together - it's called Blackstar - really great sh!t.

Jay Z is still the best, and has been the best for a long time. His new album is great, he really made up for Kingdom Come - which was by far his worst album. Reasonable Doubt, his first album, is still my favorite hip-hop album of all time. Nothing can top that.

The Roots are really good too. Their last two albums - The Tipping Point and Game Theory are really good, they put out alot of stuff like Mos Def and Kweli. My favorite CD that they did was Phrenology - alot of good stuff on there. But their 2 newer discs are right up there with that one. I saw them when they came down to New Orleans last year, they really tore it up.

What about the Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek album called Reflection Eternal? Not many people talk about it, but that's one of the better hip-hop albums period. Hi-Tek also has an album that he put out not too long ago that was really good, he had alot of nice artists on it.

MF Doom is pretty good.

Lupe Fiasco is one of the best too.

Just some things to check out.. I'm really into all kinds of different music, but this garbage on the radio has really turned me off to most commerical rap - but there is still alot of great stuff out there, you just have to know where to look.

dumb.

You obviously don't know anything about his music - so why pretend that you do?

I used to love rap. Growing up on Queens and Long Island that's all they played on the radio: LL Cool J (Rock The Bells), Run DMC, EPMD, early Beasties, NWA, Paris, De la Soul, Big Daddy Kane, etc. That stuff was fun. Now so much of the rap is all bling bling with guys who have cool vids but can't rap. Some of the indie rap is good - Jurassic Five, Blackalicious, Latyryx, etc. But most of it is garbage - I can't remember the last time I bought a rap album.

Matisyahu is good - his live record is really excellent. But he's reggae not rap.

Check out Pharoahe Monch if you like Kweli, Mos Def, etc.

Mos Def and Talib are two of the best out there right now, they just don't get enough attention, but that's how they like it. They have as much talent as anyone, it's too bad that more people don't get it.

Mos Def and Kweli have a great album together - it's called Blackstar - really great sh!t.

Jay Z is still the best, and has been the best for a long time. His new album is great, he really made up for Kingdom Come - which was by far his worst album. Reasonable Doubt, his first album, is still my favorite hip-hop album of all time. Nothing can top that.

The Roots are really good too. Their last two albums - The Tipping Point and Game Theory are really good, they put out alot of stuff like Mos Def and Kweli. My favorite CD that they did was Phrenology - alot of good stuff on there. But their 2 newer discs are right up there with that one. I saw them when they came down to New Orleans last year, they really tore it up.

What about the Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek album called Reflection Eternal? Not many people talk about it, but that's one of the better hip-hop albums period. Hi-Tek also has an album that he put out not too long ago that was really good, he had alot of nice artists on it.

MF Doom is pretty good.

Lupe Fiasco is one of the best too.

Just some things to check out.. I'm really into all kinds of different music, but this garbage on the radio has really turned me off to most commerical rap - but there is still alot of great stuff out there, you just have to know where to look.

We have pretty much the exact same taste of hip-hop. I like all those artists. Well, i haven't heard much of hi-tek or lupe, but i think doom is the shiznit. He did an album with danger mouse that was pretty sick.

I don't think i ever listen to the radio. All it ever is "superman dat hoooe... supersoak dat hoooe." Because Lupe Fiasco gets a lot of radio play i haven't really downloaded too much of his stuff. I'll proably check it out.

We have pretty much the exact same taste of hip-hop. I like all those artists. Well, i haven't heard much of hi-tek or lupe, but i think doom is the shiznit. He did an album with danger mouse that was pretty sick.

I don't think i ever listen to the radio. All it ever is "superman dat hoooe... supersoak dat hoooe." Because Lupe Fiasco gets a lot of radio play i haven't really downloaded too much of his stuff. I'll proably check it out.

:doublethumbsup:

Let me know if you want any specific songs to download or whatever..

Kurupt Young Gotti

Who can forget his classic lines. They're just so great. "You're more of a b1tch than a b1tch you b1tch"

Henry, bigmoni....

Any Big L love?.... He is one of the greatest to bad he wasn't around to make more stuff.

There isn't much out there to download and from what i have downloaded, the quality is pretty bad. I know everyone says he's one of the greats, but its hard to listen to low-quality stuff. The only song i can remember off the top of my head is Da Graveyard.

Actually, since i started using limewire i haven't tried downloading any big l songs so ima go do that right now.

There isn't much out there to download and from what i have downloaded, the quality is pretty bad. I know everyone says he's one of the greats, but its hard to listen to low-quality stuff. The only song i can remember off the top of my head is Da Graveyard.

Actually, since i started using limewire i haven't tried downloading any big l songs so ima go do that right now.

I havn't had a problem downloading him on Limewire.

98 Freestle, Holdin it down, Fed Up With the Bullshlt, I dont understand it, Size em up, and definatly ..MVP

Basically everything Big L is good stuff.

dumb.

You obviously don't know anything about his music - so why pretend that you do?

I shouldn't blame Jay-Z...he probably dumbs it down so retards like henrychinaski will buy his albums.

I shouldn't blame Jay-Z...he probably dumbs it down so retards like henrychinaski will buy his albums.

Have you heard american gangster? You have no idea what you're talkin about. Only people who listen to the radio will say hip-hop sucks now. If you're a hip-hop fan, there are still many artists out there putting out good music equivalent to a tribe called quest, public enemy, epmd, rakim, and any other group/artist you liked from back in the day.

I don't know even know why i'm posting this. You're jsut gonna say "hip hop sucks now." Then quote a song thats made to be a friendly radio hit.

Yeah, you should use Limewire.

That's what I've been using for years.. I have about 3000 songs on there, the sound quality is actually pretty good.

And if you have Itunes/Ipod all you have to do, is drag the songs from Limewire over to Itunes or to your Ipod and they go right on to the program.

Have you heard american gangster? You have no idea what you're talkin about. Only people who listen to the radio will say hip-hop sucks now. If you're a hip-hop fan, there are still many artists out there putting out good music equivalent to a tribe called quest, public enemy, epmd, rakim, and any other group/artist you liked from back in the day.

I don't know even know why i'm posting this. You're jsut gonna say "hip hop sucks now." Then quote a song thats made to be a friendly radio hit.

No use is ever arguing with that dude.. He's already proved himself to be a close-minded moron.

Although they're pretty mainstream and occasionally rap about some idiotic stuff, there's something about Fabolous and T.I. that just sounds good. I think it's the way they slur everything together, just smooth. Otherwise, Jay-Z, the Roots, Lupe (seriously, the Chicago scene is showing up), Mos Def (he killed it on The Chappelle's Show a few years back), Common, Nas, etc. There's actually a lot of good rappers out right now, and this is coming from a guy who's more into rock.

Although they're pretty mainstream and occasionally rap about some idiotic stuff, there's something about Fabolous and T.I. that just sounds good. I think it's the way they slur everything together, just smooth. Otherwise, Jay-Z, the Roots, Lupe (seriously, the Chicago scene is showing up), Mos Def (he killed it on The Chappelle's Show a few years back), Common, Nas, etc. There's actually a lot of good rappers out right now, and this is coming from a guy who's more into rock.

Yeah, Common, Lupe, Mos Def, The Roots, Jigga - you've got good taste.

The Mos Def scene on Chappelle Show - are you talking about the one when he performed "What Beef Is?"

Dude really killed it. One of the best verses ever.

Beef is not what Jay said to Nas
Beef is when workin' niggas can't find jobs
So they tryna find niggas to rob
Tryna find bigger guns so they can finish the job
Beef is when the crack kids can't find moms
Cause they end up inna PINE box or locked behind bars
Beef ain't the Summer Jam for Hot 97
Beef is the cocaine and AIDS epidemic
Beef don't come with a radio edit
Beef is when the judge is callin' you "defendant"
Beef, it comes with a long jail sentence
Handed down to you in a few short minutes
Beef is when your girl come through for a visit
Talkin' bout "I'm pregnant by some other nigga"
Beef is high blood pressure and bad credit
Need a loan for your home and you're too broke to get it
And all your little kids is doin is gettin' bigger
You tryin not to raise 'em around these wild niggas
Beef is when a gold digger got ya seat and a
A manicured hand out like "pay me nigga"
Or I'm tellin' your wife
Or startin' up some foul rumor that'll ruin your life
Beef is when a gangster ain't doin it right
Another gangster then decided what to do with his life
Beef is not what these famous niggas do on the mic
Beef is what George Bush would do in a fight
Yeah, beef is not what Ja said to 50
Beef is more than Irv not bein here with me
When a soldier ends his life with his own gun
Beef is tryin' to figure out what to tell his son
Beef is oil prices and geopolitics
Beef is Iraq, the West Bank, and Gaza Strip
Some beef is big and some beef is small
But what y'all call beef is not beef at all
Beef is real life happenin' everyday
And it's realer than them songs that you get at Kay Slay
This has been a Black Star PSA
From Mos Def, Pretty Flocko, black Dante
And the Black Star embassy, B to the K

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are some of the best doing it right now.

They talk about some serious issues that most don't even think about. They don't care about radio play and album sales as much as they care about saying what really needs to be said.

They are the definition of what real hip-hop is. It's just too bad more people don't even know who they are..

The Mos Def scene on Chappelle Show - are you talking about the one when he performed "What Beef Is?"

Or I'm tellin' your wife

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are some of the best doing it right now.

They talk about some serious issues that most don't even think about. They don't care about radio play and album sales as much as they care about saying what really needs to be said.

They are the definition of what real hip-hop is. It's just too bad more people don't even know who they are..

Damn, I hadn't heard that. Somehow missed it. I was actually talking about when he did Close Edge in the car with Dave Chappelle and they were just driving along and he was rapping it. No stage or mic or lights or anything, just Mos Def rapping. Really said alot about the kind of rapper he is cause he didn't have all the glitz and glamour around him and still just killed it.

Also, just went back and read this thread, and you're right Reasonable Doubt was insane. Life and Times of S. Carter is my favorite, and was the first rap album I ever bought. Had to lie to the guy at FYE and tell him my mom knew I was getting it. :dunno:

Or I'm tellin' your wife

I'm sorry ... that all would have been a good attempt at black talk .... but, you might as well as aight! That's black Talk 5.4

Imagine going from this:

"Yo ... that was kizewl"

To all

"Yo ... Kizewl is whack .. ... yo."

"Oh it is! I wasn't aware of the latest freaking language .... but good for you. I have a job and people understand me. I talk."

Do you hear a lot of "Can you say that again?" or "Excuse me?"

Yeah

Hi tech these days. We are trying to work in a Chinese- American ... like a Chicano .... but we'll call them ... Chi-canos .... but there's no American Asian accent.

I have Chinese American friends .... and they talk like white people.

I know people .... BORN IN AMERICA .... Mexicans ... can't do it. "You aint got nothing."

I know Africans that speak French ... it's really a big world, but Mexican kids that grow up learning Spanish ... think they are special .... y yo no comprende Engles sénor.

How about Mandarin?

No, I haven't heard American Gangster. You seem to like it and know about good rap so maybe I'll give it a listen.

No use is ever arguing with that dude.. He's already proved himself to be a close-minded moron.

Well said retard :dunno:

Now why don't you stop posting about me and go back to sucking cack or whatever little phags like you do in your free time.

I'm sorry ... that all would have been a good attempt at black talk .... but, you might as well as aight! That's black Talk 5.4

Imagine going from this:

"Yo ... that was kizewl"

To all

"Yo ... Kizewl is whack .. ... yo."

"Oh it is! I wasn't aware of the latest freaking language .... but good for you. I have a job and people understand me. I talk."

Do you hear a lot of "Can you say that again?" or "Excuse me?"

Yeah

Hi tech these days. We are trying to work in a Chinese- American ... like a Chicano .... but we'll call them ... Chi-canos .... but there's no American Asian accent.

I have Chinese American friends .... and they talk like white people.

I know people .... BORN IN AMERICA .... Mexicans ... can't do it. "You aint got nothing."

I know Africans that speak French ... it's really a big world, but Mexican kids that grow up learning Spanish ... think they are special .... y yo no comprende Engles sénor.

How about Mandarin?

I'm crying .... right now. Real tears down my face .... I'm sorry.

2Pac Shakur

I used to see Tupac at Nell's on 14th street in Manhattan. That was like one of the original clubs yo ... that's my hood biach. WEST SIDE!

Apparently, unless your an Irish bartender and I'm making fun of a Scottish accent. "FLEEEDOM!"

I think the Irish just dislike the Scotts. I was making fun of my own heritage ... and I just about got my arse keeked one time in an Irish bar in NYC. Westy bar.

Crassic story.