Sign in to follow this  
unckeyherb

anyone benching Addai this week?

Part of me thinks Baltimore, working off of a short week and basically being drained from last weeks game might not come out full steam. The other part fears that they will be pissed off and pumped up after last weeks game. That would not bode well for Addai. Just wondering if anyone is not starting him and if not, who they have going in his place.

Part of me wants to bench Addai for MJD this week. The other part of me thinks this is stupid. Can't say yet which part is gonna win out.

I think MJD might be a better bet to score, and I think Baltimore's D might be fired up. But I just know that if I bench Addai, he's likely to have a great game.

Just kill me now.

I'm hesitant to start Addai. He's been lackluster recently to say the least and now faces a revitalized Raven defense. It's possible Addai might have a good game, but I don't see it happening. He's been prone to injuries lately (albeit minor ones) and Peyton never has trusted him in the redzone. It also doesn't boost my optimism knowing that Indy is a far worse team on the road than they are in the dome. I might be forced to play Addai, due to injuries in my fantasy backfield, but I will do so with great regret.

You dam right I am starting Addai. My first rounder HAS to be in my lineup in the end. He should be good from now own.

Addai

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

Sit Addai and Die!!!!

Biggest blunders are made when over-analizing the effect an opponent will have on a top talent.

Addai will have a large part in the Colts 35+ point effort :pointstosky: you will wish you hadn't :thumbsup: him when he :thumbsdown: in the first series :thumbsdown:

Sit Addai and Die!!!!

Biggest blunders are made when over-analizing the effect an opponent will have on a top talent.

Addai will have a large part in the Colts 35+ point effort :nono: you will wish you hadn't :pointstosky: him when he :thumbsdown: in the first series :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

You have to love it "gocolts"......it's down to the fantasy playoffs and Addai has not done as well as all the guys who drafted him in round 1 would have liked.....but it's the perfect time for him to shine. I'll bet there are guys who still think of the Ravens as though they are the same Def. of 4-5 years ago. And this is when the Colts put themselves back as the team that strikes the most fear in the Patriots. If Addai has an off game, I'm guessing 80 yards and a TD.......but I am not in agreement with the "Expert" predictors. This is a perfect scenario for Peyton to strike early and often, and Addai getting 25-30 carries for 100+ yards and 2 TD's. I'm not reaching......and I'm not an Addai owner.....I went with L.J. and that set me back. Bottom line though(and not to talk about spilt milk) the season all boils down to the efforts you get from guys in the last 4 weeks, and the hope that other owners scramble for the "replacement" RB's while you still have the stud who is due to "blow-up"........as in Joseph Addai and MBIII. Ride them no matter who they play :shocking:

He's my first round, #4 overall pick. You are going to sit your #1 stud the first week of ff playoffs or even start a topic about it? Don't you put your bad mojo on Addai this weekend. Take it back and pray to the FF gawd for a huge output. :shocking:

You have to love it "gocolts"......it's down to the fantasy playoffs and Addai has not done as well as all the guys who drafted him in round 1 would have liked.....but it's the perfect time for him to shine. I'll bet there are guys who still think of the Ravens as though they are the same Def. of 4-5 years ago. And this is when the Colts put themselves back as the team that strikes the most fear in the Patriots. If Addai has an off game, I'm guessing 80 yards and a TD.......but I am not in agreement with the "Expert" predictors. This is a perfect scenario for Peyton to strike early and often, and Addai getting 25-30 carries for 100+ yards and 2 TD's. I'm not reaching......and I'm not an Addai owner.....I went with L.J. and that set me back. Bottom line though(and not to talk about spilt milk) the season all boils down to the efforts you get from guys in the last 4 weeks, and the hope that other owners scramble for the "replacement" RB's while you still have the stud who is due to "blow-up"........as in Joseph Addai and MBIII. Ride them no matter who they play :shocking:

thats a good thing to hear. Those are the two guys I am probably going with :shocking:

Very nice response :shocking:

std scoring, 10yds/pt rush or receive, 6pts TDs, pt/rec:

addai or fargas? i know, it sounds crazy, but look at justin the past 6 weeks: 12, 19, 15, 11, 22, 23 (pts).

thoughts?

std scoring, 10yds/pt rush or receive, 6pts TDs, pt/rec:

addai or fargas? i know, it sounds crazy, but look at justin the past 6 weeks: 12, 19, 15, 11, 22, 23 (pts).

thoughts?

I think Addai is your #1 rb, who are you playing as your #2 where Fargas might be the option :shocking:

I've been wrestling with benching Addai in favor of Fargas this week (my other starter is Jamal Lewis at the Jets). I had Fargas in all week, but just switched back to Addai a little while ago. I'll go with what got me here and if I lose, so be it.

I think Addai is your #1 rb, who are you playing as your #2 where Fargas might be the option :shocking:

its a big league (32 team); we start 5 offensive players, only need 1 hb (qb/hb/wr/flex/flex).

I just looked up Addai's last 4 games - 3 out of four not that impressive. I just benched him in favor of Fargas and MJD. Reluctantly I might add. Addai has not been that great lately. Fargas is on fire. MJD at home vs below avereage Car D. I may regret this but my # 1 pick has not been performing like one of late.

He's my first round, #4 overall pick. You are going to sit your #1 stud the first week of ff playoffs or even start a topic about it? Don't you put your bad mojo on Addai this weekend. Take it back and pray to the FF gawd for a huge output. :shocking:

who cares where you drafted him four months ago? Its his production now that I am concerned about. He has certainly dropped off a lot recently and is going against a potentially charged up and revitalized Baltimore Def. It is a valid questions me thinks. Not that it really matters to me personally.. I need to win this week to make the wild card and I am starting Addai and MBII. Only because my other options are Maroney and Shaun Alexander.

I benched him last week for FJackson

right now Addai is my no 3 back which is still flex position

I roll with Grant and Mcgahee

Flex options, Addai, Dayne, FJackson. I will go with Jackson if Lynch out, otherwise I have no prob sitting Addai for Dayne or KSmith

oddly enough, i am starting addai and mb3 as well. i too have been concerned about the resurgence of the ravens d, but they did give up a lot of yards in the air and on the ground to maroney of all people last week. with harrison out still, the ravens secondary will blanket wayne and leave stuff underneath for clark to gobble up.

here is my predicament...i am contemplating starting a 3rd receiver (colston) against the falcons. brees plays better away and colston is arguably the best receiver in the best receiver in the second half of the year. if i did that, my lineup would like:

palmer

mb3

housh, colston, braylon

miller

jax

graham

there are a lot of what ifs going on this thread, and i think they are valid in the fact that addai has played mediocre in the past few weeks. i picked him in the first round of the draft, and he paid great dividends in the beginning, but since his neck injury, he has struggled.

3 weeks ago I made a trade that involved me moving Grant to pick up Addai (there were other players involved but my motivation was to pick up Addai). Looking back now I would MUCH rather have Grant back than Addai. Since the trade Grant has outperformed Addai in my league each week.

Grant was a week 6ish? WW pick up for me, and Addai was drafted in the first. .... Just because someone is drafted in a specific position before the season does not make them a stud come week 14.

I'm not saying that Addai is a flop but to say at this point that he must be started just because of where you drafted him doesn't work.

Me personally, I'm flopping back and forth with him and Fargas as my flex player this week and will probably start Fargas. Addai hits what I think will be a pissed off Ravens Def. this week and watching that flip to the FB last week on the 1 yard line hurt.

Fargas gets all of the carries in Oak. and has been playing very well. I think both are good starts but I feel better with Fargas right now.

Addai will be rotting on my bench like he deserves, & Ryan Grant will get the start w/ no hesitation. LOL at those stating they "must start" their 1st round pick... Guys, it no longer (& hasn't for months) matters what round you drafted someone...

Addai will be rotting on my bench like he deserves, & Ryan Grant will get the start w/ no hesitation. LOL at those stating they "must start" their 1st round pick... Guys, it no longer (& hasn't for months) matters what round you drafted someone...

I have 2 1st round picks in my lineup in Addai and Rudi and they haven't done squat the last few weeks. It's due or die time this week. :lol:

I have Addai and I can't bench him now in the playoffs. He is my 1st round pick and i've started him every week. I think Addai is going to get alot of receiving yards today.

I just looked up Addai's last 4 games - 3 out of four not that impressive. I just benched him in favor of Fargas and MJD. Reluctantly I might add. Addai has not been that great lately. Fargas is on fire. MJD at home vs below avereage Car D. I may regret this but my # 1 pick has not been performing like one of late.

But Fargus did that against bad Ds. Some of you over analyze so much, and yet miss the easy stuff.