Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

A league of Champions next year on Yahoo

Anyone interested in joining a league with all champions? I want to play in a free league with the best of the best. If I win this year it's a good idea. If not :thumbsdown: but someone else can still start a league like this every year. Your thoughts?

Anyone interested in joining a league with all champions? I want to play in a free league with the best of the best. If I win this year it's a good idea. If not :thumbsdown: but someone else can still start a league like this every year. Your thoughts?

You're going to have quite the crowded league - everybody on this site wins the championship in every league they're in. And remember, it's always a highly-competitive league too!

You're going to have quite the crowded league - everybody on this site wins the championship in every league they're in. And remember, it's always a highly-competitive league too!

Well they will have to prove it. I dont know about other leagues but yahoo displays your wins/loses on your profile. I want to join a higly competitive league because I'm tired of plkaying in leagues with people not setting their rosters during bye weeks.

Well they will have to prove it. I dont know about other leagues but yahoo displays your wins/loses on your profile. I want to join a higly competitive league because I'm tired of plkaying in leagues with people not setting their rosters during bye weeks.

Free League = Non competitive league most of the time.

If it's free alot of guys will lose interest or they focus on their money leagues. I'm not knocking free leagues, but serious fantasy footballers don't devote alot of time to the free leagues.

I'll do it. If you win your league the previous year in Yahoo you get to be in a winner's league. I've been in a winner's league every year for the last four years. I'm the two seed in the playoffs in this winner's league, Team name is Y2K7Rebels and the owner name is the same as my name on FFToday:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/10066

I got tired of just playing yahoo leagues two years ago because so many people quit, plus there is only ten teams which makes it much easier. So I joined at fantasybowl.com, they have $20, $50, $100 and on up 12 team PPR leagues.

You cheap c0cksucker.

...serious fantasy footballers don't devote alot of time to the free leagues.

I disagree with this part and argue that SERIOUS fantasy footballers devote a lot of time to ALL of their leagues.

Exactly. And all of them are for big bucks. :dunno:

Anyone interested in joining a league with all champions? I want to play in a free league with the best of the best. If I win this year it's a good idea. If not :mad: but someone else can still start a league like this every year. Your thoughts?

The free Yahoo leagues are a joke. I do use them some for mock drafting but that is the only good use. Once the season starts you always lose people as their teams aren't dominant. And that is true in the champions leagues as well. The only way to keep people interested is to put money on it. Even if you don't have friends to start a league you can easily join an on-line money league at whatever level you want. There are leagues as little as $20. And if that really is too rich for your blood you should stop playing FF and get a second job.

I disagree with this part and argue that SERIOUS fantasy footballers devote a lot of time to ALL of their leagues.

Bingo!

I'm in a couple money leagues and free leagues this year, and I've seen people give up on their teams on both sides. The logic of "only serious players play for money" is retarded. So what happens when you're out of the running for the money? If you're only competitive because of the money, then once you're eliminated from getting the money, chances are you'll give up anyway..which is what I've seen happen.

The key to a competitive free league is making it invitation only. A lot of people will sign up for a public league and simply use it as a mock draft, and then never make a move all season. If you make people do some extra work to get into the league, chances are they're going to be competitive.

But if you pride yourself on being a competitive player, you'll be competitive in any league you're in, money or free. Period.

Exactly. And all of them are for big bucks. :overhead:

And don't forget: the best fantasy teams are those that win the superiority battle:

I'm in a 12-team league

I'm in a 12-team league with IDP

I'm in a 16-team league

I'm in a 16-team league that requires 2 starting QBs

I'm in a 16-team league that requires 2 staring QBs and uses IDP

I'm in a 32-team league with IDP, offensive line, individual special teamers, touchdown only

:rolleyes:

I'm in a 32-team league with IDP, offensive line, individual special teamers, touchdown only

Eh, I tried one of them last year. Wasn't that great...scoring system for the offensive line was focked up.

Anyone interested in joining a league with all champions? I want to play in a free league with the best of the best. If I win this year it's a good idea. If not :rolleyes: but someone else can still start a league like this every year. Your thoughts?

If you're in Yahoo you will be getting the best of the worst.

Eh, I tried one of them last year. Wasn't that great...scoring system for the offensive line was focked up.

But you took the prize money and trophy anyway, didn't you?

this is accurate, however, you need to have won a league the previous year on yahoo, to gain entry into a "winners league"

I've won 2 leagues on yahoo in the last 5 years out of the 745 i've joined, so I know this.

seriously, was there a scoring system for the o-line? ive been wondering how to work one into a league.

seriously, was there a scoring system for the o-line? ive been wondering how to work one into a league.

Nah, I've never been in a league like that. I'd have no idea how you'd score it. Maybe negative points for being beat for a sack, and positive points for a pancake block. But since they don't really keep stats for the o-lineman, you'd have to watch the games yourself and tally it up.

Maybe a simpler approach would be to just have "team o-lines", and score it like a defense...start out with a certain number of points, and subtract from it every time their QB is sacked.

But I've personally never seen a league with an o-line. It'd be interesting to see.

I've been in my main money league for 12 years now, and I've won the league's championship 34 times.

Nah, I've never been in a league like that. I'd have no idea how you'd score it. Maybe negative points for being beat for a sack, and positive points for a pancake block. But since they don't really keep stats for the o-lineman, you'd have to watch the games yourself and tally it up.

Maybe a simpler approach would be to just have "team o-lines", and score it like a defense...start out with a certain number of points, and subtract from it every time their QB is sacked.

But I've personally never seen a league with an o-line. It'd be interesting to see.

Some fantasy magazine did an article on this a few years ago (definitely wasn't FF Index but I don't think it was FBG's mag either). Basically, you draft a team's O-line and get points for rushing yards for their RB, bonuses if your QB doesn't get sacked, lack of penalties, punting distance, touchbacks, etc. It was strictly for fantasy owners that wanted the closest possible experience to actually coaching an NFL game (i.e., wanting every aspect of the game to matter).

I've been in my main money league for 12 years now, and I've won the league's championship 34 times.

Didja?

I totally disagree.

When it comes down to it I focus on my five money leagues over the free Yahoo leagues. I'll make sure that all my money league rosters are set up correctly. I definitly keep tabs on game time decisions, may or may not play and so on.

Free leagues are okay, but they don't deserve as much attention down the stretch. If I'm out of contention for the title then I try and figure out what I can do to improve for next year.

I guess I see it like this: If I start Anquan Boldin in a free league and he doesn't play....it sucks, but not a big deal. If I start Boldin in a league where my team is in the playoffs and he sits and I lose by 4 points to knock me out of a $400 payday.....then I absolutely will be much more bummed out. That is why I take my money leagues more serious. Plus my money leagues are with buddies from around the area. If I win them, the bragging rights....ego....whatever is much better than beating Joe Schmo in Idaho?!

I'm not knocking free leauges, they're just not real high on my list.