Sign in to follow this  
Bert

I Know the Eagles are the Worst Organization

But I didn't realize how much they have sucked.

Dallas 5 Championships 8 SB appearances

Washington 3 Championships 5 SB appearances

New York 3 Championships 4 SB appearances

Philly 0 Championships 2 SB appearances

OK, I'll pile on. He was a total POS. Everytime somebody disagreed with him, he would start a flame war and act like he did nothing to provoke it. 99% of his 300 zillion posts were BS. Good riddance.

:sniffshook:......swims away

yeah, but, but if they can just get one "playmaker" to unleash McNabb's awesome awesomeness, they'll win the SB 5 times in a row!!

Philly is the worst major sports town in America. What have they got to show for anything?

Tell that to Clubber Lang.

i cant wait till ghostofbeanmachine and eagles queen get whiff of this one! <_<

But hasn't Dallas been one of the worst NFL franchises in the last 12 years?

If you want to go back in time the accurate stats are:

NYG 6 Championships

Wash 5 Championships

Dallas 5 Championships

Philly 3 Championships

NYG 6 Championships

Wash 5 Championships

Dallas 5 Championships

Philly 3 Championships

Nobody counts "championships" that happened before the super bowl. That's like counting NFC titles as "championships".

Take it from a Lions fan, if it ain't a super bowl, it doesn't count for jack.

Nobody counts "championships" that happened before the super bowl. That's like counting NFC titles as "championships".

But the Cowboys championships are in the last millenium too. Let agree to stay more current.

But the Cowboys championships are in the last millenium too. Let agree to stay more current.

Sure. List all of your city's championships. Ready.... GO!

Broad Street Bullies, baby! :doublethumbsup:

I heard ESPN, FOX etc. talk about those championships for the last two weeks where have you been. You can make your rules and I will make mine and I choose to only count championships the century. And you know what we are both wrong.

In this millenium zero, what about your city?

NYG 6 Championships

Wash 5 Championships

Dallas 5 Championships

Philly 3 Championships

OK, I'll back to the time before the superbowl. It has been 48 years since the Eagles organization didn't suck and they won a championship.

OK, I'll back to the time before the superbowl. It has been 48 years since the Eagles organization didn't suck and they won a championship.

So by that thinking, all the other NFL teams other than the Giants sucked this year?

Now the championship answer is correct and one I can respect. But the organization has not sucked for 48 years.

'02 Wings (before Hockey died)

'04 Pistons

Wait, your a Detroit fan??

Why are you on a football bored? When did Detroit get an NFL team? :lol:

I can't believe you criticize the Eagles.

Wait, your a Detroit fan??

Why are you on a football bored? When did Detroit get an NFL team? :lol:

I can't believe you criticize the Eagles.

I'm actually criticizing all your sports teams. Pay closer attention.

So by that thinking, all the other NFL teams other than the Giants sucked this year?

Ask Phurfur he is the one that started cherry picking time periods.

The numbers I posted are a reflection of organizational performance over what is widely regarded as the modern football era (aka the Super Bowl era).

Now the championship answer is correct and one I can respect. But the organization has not sucked for 48 years.

So the organization has a goal other than winning championships?

I'm actually criticizing all your sports teams. Pay closer attention.

All 4 Philly teams have won championships. Argument closed.

So the organization has a goal other than winning championships?

They all want to win championships, but making $$ is the main goal for all teams.

That's right. McNabb's only 30 years old for Chrissake.

Ask Phurfur he is the one that started cherry picking time periods.

The numbers I posted are a reflection of organizational performance over what is widely regarded as the modern football era (aka the Super Bowl era).

No, you cherry picked your time period, I included the entire history of the NFL you exclude half of it.

Liars figure and figures lie.

They all want to win championships, but making $$ is the main goal for all teams.

Well at least the Eagles aren't last in the division when in comes to the main goal of the team. But NY may pass you after winning another Super Bowl. Link Amazing how the value of a franchise and the amount of money they make go up when they win a superbowl.

Wait. The champions are the only team that don't 'suck' each year?

Interesting. Take that, Patriots fans.

No, you cherry picked your time period, I included the entire history of the NFL you exclude half of it.

Liars figure and figures lie.

I guess it was just a coincidence that you chose 12 years when talking about Dallas and it was 12 years since they won a Super Bowl.

Liars figure and figures lie but facts are facts and there is only one truth. And the truth is in the Super Bowl Era the Eagles have sucked compared to the other teams in their division. They have 3 less championships than the closest other team and they only have half as many NFC championships as the next worst team.

All 4 Philly teams have won championships. Argument closed.

List the years, and que the laugh track. Were you even alive for the most recent one?

I guess it was just a coincidence that you chose 12 years when talking about Dallas and it was 12 years since they won a Super Bowl.

Liars figure and figures lie but facts are facts and there is only one truth. And the truth is in the Super Bowl Era the Eagles have sucked compared to the other teams in their division. They have 3 less championships than the closest other team and they only have half as many NFC championships as the next worst team.

I think the Eagles' green uni's are the prettiest in the whole division. :banana:

I picked the previous 12 years to make a point and I see you got it. If you didn't watch the Super Bowl pre-game, they constantly referred to the Championships in the '30s, '40s, '50s and '60s. So by your ignoring those years it shows your lack of knowledge about the NFL. It happened and there is nothing you can do to change that. You better brush up on your history if you want to talk football. You may not realize this but the world did not start when you were born.

i cant wait till ghostofbeanmachine and eagles queen get whiff of this one! :pointstosky:

It is what it is. Phils are on the upswing, yet their terrible ownership is what will prevent them from winning a WS. The Sixers are very young and just pulling out of the cap he11 thanks to bad bad contracts. The Flyers? It's hockey, who cares about hockey. The Eagles haven't gotten it done.

I do know three things: Romo's not a playoff QB, Dallas hasn't won a freakin' playoff game in 12 years (something the other three NFC East teams have done), and that Bert's a d0uchebag.

Can't beat that with a bat. :banana:

I picked the previous 12 years to make a point and I see you got it. If you didn't watch the Super Bowl pre-game, they constantly referred to the Championships in the '30s, '40s, '50s and '60s. So by your ignoring those years it shows your lack of knowledge about the NFL. It happened and there is nothing you can do to change that. You better brush up on your history if you want to talk football. You may not realize this but the world did not start when you were born.

It doesn't show a lack of knowledge its called using a significant mile stone as a marker. I used the Super Bowl Era because the merging of the AFL and NFL was such a dramatic event that forever changed professional football.

Further, you can't compare the NFC East teams prior to 1960 since one of the teams didn't exist before 1960.

This is really sad. The only Eagle fan that doesn't sound pathetic is Ghost.

Okay, okay. Why do i always have to be the voice of reason?

The Iggles are the worst organization in the history of modern football going back to the dawn of the first Super Bowl. In the 33 years before that? They didn't suck for 4 of those years. *

Happy now?

*And really really really sucked for 21 out of those 33.

It doesn't show a lack of knowledge its called using a significant mile stone as a marker. I used the Super Bowl Era because the merging of the AFL and NFL was such a dramatic event that forever changed professional football.

Further, you can't compare the NFC East teams prior to 1960 since one of the teams didn't exist before 1960.

Actually it just made it bigger (larger) and diluted the talent.

First I'm not an Eagle fan.

Second you are all on this bored all year talking about seeing history being made and you don't even recognize football's existing history. You people just blow smoke out of your ... and don't have a clue.

Actually it just made it bigger (larger) and diluted the talent.

I'm not going to argue with you but most football historians believe it was much more significant than that.

Yes, the new era is post salary cap (1994). You old guys need to get with it, bringing up all this ancient history is really boring. Who cares what happened in the '70 and '80s.

Honestly, Bert's being Bert: an a-hole. We get that.

I also get that people love raining down insults on Philly fans because, well, some people deserve it (me included, sometimes).

Can't argue the lack of success our sports teams have had in the past 25-30 years.

It's really idiotic, though, to make a blanket statement that the Eagles are the worst organization. Simple fact is that the other three teams in our division have been highly successful over the years. Alot more successful that MANY of the teams in the entire NFL.

In addition, the current Eagle organization and ownership had nothing really to do with the team during a majority of the 90's and before. I don't get how you can chastize someone for previous transgressions (and likewise, reward others even though they had nothing to with it, except the Giants).

But if you want to look at last 10 years, what teams have won playoff games, what teams have been to SB's, and what teams have actually won a SB?

Eagles have won more playoff games than anyone over that time period (Dallas is the only team not to win a single playoff game), the Eagles and Giants have been to the big game (Dallas and Washington, no), and the Giants have won a SB.

Congrats to Giant fans. My fellow alum, Wellington Mara, should have been around to see this one. Good for them.

But when it comes to the rest of the division, c'mon now. Redskins can't find a coach, and Dallas hired one last year to "get them over the hump", yet the bumbling fool is "oh-for" in the playoffs himself!

That's just what I think, I could be wrong.

Honestly, Bert's being Bert: an a-hole. We get that.

How an I being an a-hole? I'm simply stating facts. Just like you posting over and over that Romo is not a playoff QB doesn't make you an a-hole it is simply stating facts.

I'm talking about the organization over an extended period. When camparing the 4 organizations in the NFC East over the Super Bowl Era the Eagles are farther behind the other 3 than I thought. I'm sorry you don't like that fact but it doesn't change the fact.

Over the last 10 years you are correct the Eagles are the 2nd best team in the division to the Giants.