Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Kimbo Slice

Well, he fought the old and brutal Tank Abbott. Nonetheless he mentions in the post fight interview he dreamed fighting Tank and Tyson.

Kimbo Slice vs. Mike Tyson <<<----------I would watch that!

I get all the PPV fights both boxing and UFC and 4-5 neighbors always chip in for them. The Kimbo fight tonight was free on showtime.

We will pay for just about any fight.

I get all the PPV fights both boxing and UFC and 4-5 neighbors always chip in for them. The Kimbo fight tonight was free on showtime.

We will pay for just about any fight.

I watched it online. That whole card was horrible. Kimbo slice is the MMA equivalent of Butterbean. No way I'd ever pay to watch one of his fights.

I watched it online. That whole card was horrible. Kimbo slice is the MMA equivalent of Butterbean. No way I'd ever pay to watch one of his fights.

Very true, that being said I can totally see Brock Lesnar's next fight being against Kimbo Slice.

Very true, that being said I can totally see Brock Lesnar's next fight being against Kimbo Slice.

I think Lesnar would win that fight, but I still wouldn't pay to watch it. I read Kimbo might fight Ken Shamrock next.

I think Lesnar would win that fight, but I still wouldn't pay to watch it. I read Kimbo might fight Ken Shamrock next.

Shamrock has to win he fight in March. If he loses there would be no point for Slice/Shamrock.

I disagree though about Lesnar. I think Slice would rough him up really bad.

I just steal it...I mean, download it a few days later.

I watched it for free, live :rolleyes:

I am a fan of Kimbo, he is a good sportsman, which is pretty rare with boxers/fighters, and he went from being no one to quickly become well known and is a legend on youtube. I like how he gained his fame, strickly from roughing dudes up on the internet. I don't think i would pay to see any fight. Personally, i would like to see him go up against so top knotch guys in their prime, instead of washed up guys. From what i have heard, he has dominated every fight so far, so, it would be interesting to see him against some real competition.

I am a fan of Kimbo, he is a good sportsman, which is pretty rare with boxers/fighters, and he went from being no one to quickly become well known and is a legend on youtube. I like how he gained his fame, strickly from roughing dudes up on the internet. I don't think i would pay to see any fight. Personally, i would like to see him go up against so top knotch guys in their prime, instead of washed up guys. From what i have heard, he has dominated every fight so far, so, it would be interesting to see him against some real competition.

Here's one I wouldn't say he exactly dominated. There are claims that Gannon performed some illegal moves/maneuvers.

Kimbo v Gannon

Here's one I wouldn't say he exactly dominated. There are claims that Gannon performed some illegal moves/maneuvers.Kimbo v Gannon

I think the rules were no MMA style of fighting when they fought, just straight up boxing. At the time, Gannon had more skill fighting experience, Kimbo has been training MMA for a little bit now in Cali and AZ.

I think Kimbo could work him now, id love to see a rematch

Here's one I wouldn't say he exactly dominated. There are claims that Gannon performed some illegal moves/maneuvers.

Kimbo v Gannon

But that street fighting, i actually think he lost that one and another one, i am talking since he has had actual like bigtime staged in ring fighting. From what i have seen, he has gotten a lot better, before that was just his general knowledge of fighting, now he has been trained and you can tell, imo.

Wow, it's unreal how many people will watch a guy fight a couple of pansies and buy in to the hype. This guy has NEVER fought anyone of note and he's 33 years old. IF, and it's a big IF, he ever acquires the skill to be competitive he will simply be too old. It's a nice story but he will never make a mark in MMA.

Wow, it's unreal how many people will watch a guy fight a couple of pansies and buy in to the hype. This guy has NEVER fought anyone of note and he's 33 years old. IF, and it's a big IF, he ever acquires the skill to be competitive he will simply be too old. It's a nice story but he will never make a mark in MMA.

Speaking for myself there is no hype, but he is an entertaining fighter with potential. I wont argue against strength, determination, natural ability and goals. You make it sound as if people are thinking he will eventually overtake Couture or Liddell.

Kimbo has never trained professionally until recent, hes been a streetfighter since jumpstreet with no MMA background. I doubt anyone with a clue is thinking he is the next heavyweight titlebout fighter.

Speaking for myself there is no hype, but he is an entertaining fighter with potential. I wont argue against strength, determination, natural ability and goals. You make it sound as if people are thinking he will eventually overtake Couture or Liddell.

Kimbo has never trained professionally until recent, hes been a streetfighter since jumpstreet with no MMA background. I doubt anyone with a clue is thinking he is the next heavyweight titlebout fighter.

Not sure what part of his fighting you're finding entertaining. He's fought a total of what, like 40 seconds in pro MMA fights? Personally, I was disgusted that I watched 4 crap fights waiting for his "main event" tonight and got the POS fight he and Tank put on. Thank god it didn't cost any money. If he ever fought a proven MMA fighter there's a good chance it would end up on the ground because his stand up is probably going to be as good as or better than many MMA fighters. Asssuming it goes to the ground whatever you found entertaining about his 40 seconds of pro fighting will be out the window and he'll be dominated. This is all my opinion of course but I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why this guy should excite me as a fighter. Seems everyone is excited by the hype but when logically analyzed there's nothing to really be excited about, unless you were a Butterbean fan.

Not sure what part of his fighting you're finding entertaining. He's fought a total of what, like 40 seconds in pro MMA fights? Personally, I was disgusted that I watched 4 crap fights waiting for his "main event" tonight and got the POS fight he and Tank put on. Thank god it didn't cost any money. If he ever fought a proven MMA fighter there's a good chance it would end up on the ground because his stand up is probably going to be as good as or better than many MMA fighters. Asssuming it goes to the ground whatever you found entertaining about his 40 seconds of pro fighting will be out the window and he'll be dominated. This is all my opinion of course but I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why this guy should excite me as a fighter. Seems everyone is excited by the hype but when logically analyzed there's nothing to really be excited about, unless you were a Butterbean fan.

Sorry you had to sit through crap to see crap, the whole card was a joke, hence free. No one who follows fighters was expecting a stragetic fight from Kimbo and Tank, just a brawl

Why would you say I found his "40 seconds" entertaining? I dont recall mentioning that. Fact is, ALL not some, ALL MMA fighters have years of training/background in MMA to experience success, Kimbo does not have that experience. Couture beat up on Tim Sylvia and Gabriel Gonzaga in his mid 40's when no one gave him a chance at that age. Kibo is 33 and while the odds are against him from an age factor to catch up now, see my comment above about strength, natural ability and goals.

Its not impossible

I found a crappy recording of it on youtube. It was a joke. While I enjoyed Kimbo's youtube fights, he needs to fight someone half decent to get any respect at the MMA level. Mercer and Tank are way past their prime.

Fight someone we might really care about.

Shamrock has to win he fight in March. If he loses there would be no point for Slice/Shamrock.

I disagree though about Lesnar. I think Slice would rough him up really bad.

Are you serious? There is a reason Brock was signed to one of the biggest UFC contracts and why Kimbo fights nobodys in EliteXC. Kimbo would be on his back in about 15 sec, fight over within a minute.

Just the fact that Kimbo is being talked about after no experience in MMA is something here. He has a fan base, he has a great look and body and he will sell some tickets and provide some hype in a few more future fights at least.

For now rather than judge him, lets see how this shakes out. I didn't see enough in Lesnar to say that he would do anything to anybody. Lesnar to me is nothing more than hype as is Slice.

To me?? It makes for a super hyped fight that would be an excellent draw.

Also, I think Tito Ortiz and Kimbo Slice would be outstanding too!

Also, I think Tito Ortiz and Kimbo Slice would be outstanding too!

That would be fun. I would pick Ortiz. :thumbsdown:

Kimbo is fine when he's on his feet, but once the back hits the mat he'll be done.

Tyson will never fight again.

There was a time, that the fact he was crazy won him a lot of fights.

At his prime ... I believe Tyson woulda beat ANYONE ... name it ANYONE ... at their prime.

But that same psycho, killer maniac thing ... has ruined his life. He's had a lot of people take advantage of him. Back in the day though ... the greatest boxer that ever was alive.

Gloves or no gloves ... TYSON WAS A KILLER!

Never seen anyone that could fight like him. Everybody was afraid of him.

Maybe the greatest upset in pro sports history ... Buster Douglas. If you watch that fight ... it's hard to think Tyson threw it. He just ran into someone bigger than him, that could take his punches ... and Buster wore him out. Tyson was out of shape.

And the downward spiral began.

Mike's never had anybody around him though ... at least not since Cus ... that really cared about Mike ... and that's no good. I think that's what brought him down ... from being the badest mothafocka in the universe. He's not Einstein ... and he knows that ... but he hasn't had good, smart people around him. That's his problem.