Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Adrian Peterson says he will break 2000 yards

So he's injury prone and you guys are gonna stay away from him?

So who are you going to take instead?

LT will still likely go #1 in most drafts and he's getting older, has tons of carries and finished (or watched the finish of last season) on the bench with injury.

Sjax killed anyone who took him #2 overall last year (like I did) by not playing basically the entire year with an aging QB and WR corps and a pathetic O-line.

Addai made any of his owners sick by watching Kenton Keith score 3 TDs on MNF after he got the wind knocked out of him in the 1st quarter or something.

Westy is always talked about as being injury prone too, and with his small frame it's just as likely as it is with anyone else (although I don't really view him as an injury risk.) Even if he's playing, the constant Sunday morning watch to see whether he'll play or not is too much for some owners.

Gore? I won't even go into that. You guys know the drill. He won't get touched til round 2 in some drafts.

LJ? We discussed this to death last year too, and you saw how the 400 carries theory worked out. The Chiefs had a good draft but if you think that'll keep him from being beaten to death again this year, that's your call and a risk I'm not willing to take.

Moss? He's one pulled hammy or two game losing streak from potentially blowing up and making you look like a tool for taking a WR in the first.

Brady? Remember Manning coming back down to earth after his record breaking year? Plus, you gotta take 2 starting RBs sometime and the question marks don't disappear in the later rounds either.

Portis? He's incredibly talented but the injury concern is there with him just as much, if not moreso than the other backs already listed.

Barber? He runs like a psycho and has never carried the full load. He may do fine and is without a doubt incredibly tough, but to think that doesn't pose a bit of an injury risk would be a foolish assumption.

Grant? Favre is gone. Grant only emerged last year and to assume he'll reach the same production despite the circumstances around him is wishful thinking, although it could definitely happen. Point is, he's no sure thing either.

So really, who do you want? If they're all injury risks, age risks, on bad teams, or have a small proven sample size why not take the guy who is obviously most talented, with the best O-line, is the youngest, performed the best last year, and has set high goals for himself? Seriously, convince me that the arguments against AD don't exist for basically EVERY other pick in the first two rounds and that the reward in his case isn't far superior to that of the other potential picks and maybe I'll reconsider. But for now, I'll go LT at one until he shows me otherwise, but if I'm picking at the two spot I'm absolutely thrilled to take AD off the board.

Yeah, I really do think the 36-yard average over the last month of 2007 was a trend. Teams figured out the Vikes' tendencies and piled on. I believe teams discovered some "tells" from Minnesota.

Also, you're now looking at LT McKinney possibly being suspended, let go or traded. Birk may or may not be ticked with th team--he's not participating in anything voluntary this offseason to show his disdain. So, that stellar O-line is now potentially Hutchinson and four stiffs. And the Pro Bowl FB is off the team.

Add in the QB woes, the WR question marks and Adrian's upright running style (high injury risk) and you have a high-risk, high-reward player.

Obviously, Peterson is a unique talent. But to ignore the warning signs is pretty silly. You'll have to take him way early if you want him, but you might want to take the time to research a plan B up front.

Please :wub:

They guy got shut down the last 4 games of the season. He might as well predict a million yard season and that he'll be the President of the United States when all is said and done next year.

Haha. That's pretty basic flawed logic there.

Look, every successful individual in sports or business sets goals for themselves. It's how they keep motivated. There is nothing wrong with this in any way shape or form. If you want to be successful, you have to plan for success.

Now, if he starts putting himself above his team or becoming a cancer like TO or CJ have done in the past, then wish all the injuries and busts stats you want. You can't fault the guy for wanting to be the best. ;)

No. Because he's injury prone and inconsistant when healthy, I'm going to stay away from him.

By the way, I wouldn't mind having him, as he is a high reward-type player, I'm just saying that he will be gone waaaaay before I'd ever pick him.

No. Because he's injury prone and inconsistant when healthy, I'm going to stay away from him.

By the way, I wouldn't mind having him, as he is a high reward-type player, I'm just saying that he will be gone waaaaay before I'd ever pick him.

ok where would you pick him? who you taking in front of him?

ok where would you pick him? who you taking in front of him?

Ohhhhh. I see what you're doing.

You want me to reveal my running back cheatsheet.

People pay big money to get my draft newletter (Called the 2008 Draft Newbletter©). If I give it up for free, I'll have about 30,000 pissed off subscribers.

People pay big money to get my draft newletter (Called the 2008 Draft Newbletter©). If I give it up for free, I'll have about 30,000 pissed off subscribers.

no, just curious where you have him ranked if he is "long gone before you would pick him". and you would be happy with him as your #2 and not a #1. So where do you have HIM ranked? or are you just talking out of your ass?

and inconsistent??? everyone besides westbrook and lt had a hand full of games where they scored less than 10 points.

point totals: standard scoring

hurt 2 games

You guys are aware that Peterson admitted after the season his knee was only about 50% after the Green Bay game, right?

It just happened that the Lions were THAT bad.

I'm a MN homer, so take it all with a grain of salt, but unless you have LT as your other choice when it's your pick, if you skip on AP, you're a freaking fool.

Childress caught a shitton of heat last year for pulling him in some games.

Childress is also on the hot seat this year. He needs to make the playoffs or he's in trouble.

He knows what side of the bread is buttered, and you can bank that AP will get his carries, and he will likely become as involved in the passing game as Westbrook is.

now think about that...AP catching 5-7 passes a game, along with 15-20 carries. Taylor will only spell him or come in during garbage time.

AP could possibly rush for 1600 yards, rec for 700-800 and combo TD's close to the 20's.

Like I said...to each his own...if you want to skip on him, go right ahead...I hope the rest of my league feels the same way about him, because I'll gladly put him as #1 overall on my team.

Yeah, I really do think the 36-yard average over the last month of 2007 was a trend. Teams figured out the Vikes' tendencies and piled on. I believe teams discovered some "tells" from Minnesota.

Also, you're now looking at LT McKinney possibly being suspended, let go or traded. Birk may or may not be ticked with th team--he's not participating in anything voluntary this offseason to show his disdain. So, that stellar O-line is now potentially Hutchinson and four stiffs. And the Pro Bowl FB is off the team.

Add in the QB woes, the WR question marks and Adrian's upright running style (high injury risk) and you have a high-risk, high-reward player.

Obviously, Peterson is a unique talent. But to ignore the warning signs is pretty silly. You'll have to take him way early if you want him, but you might want to take the time to research a plan B up front.

Not so fast Skippy. McKinney had his first court date this week and is now back in Minnesota working with the team. He plead not guilty and will be able to drag this out until after the season. There will be no suspension until if or after he is found guilty. Birk is making a statement but all indications point to him playing when the time comes. The Pro Bowl FB (Richardson) while he was a great player, age and playing time had caught up to him last year so not a big loss there.

Don't you dare! <_<

Please :cry:

They guy got shut down the last 4 games of the season. He might as well predict a million yard season and that he'll be the President of the United States when all is said and done next year.

Have you heard of "the rookie wall"? Considering that ADP was the Vikings entire offense last year, I'm surprised he didn't run out of gas much sooner!

That said, I hate it when athlets run their mouths like this. Play your game on the field and shuttup otherwise, at least until you've earned it with more than one big season.

This has to be the stupidest arguement you can make against ADP. How can the 08 Vikings passing game be any less potent than the 07 version? He was still busting off 297 yard games with a craptastic passing game around him which no team respected. If the guy stays healthy for 16 games which people can debate, he will put up at least 1600 yards guaranteed. His supporting cast in the passing game has been proven irrelevant. For all we know he'd probably put up less yards with a good passing game around him as his touches would diminish.

It's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

So who are you going to take instead?

LT will still likely go #1 in most drafts and he's getting older, has tons of carries and finished (or watched the finish of last season) on the bench with injury.

Sjax killed anyone who took him #2 overall last year (like I did) by not playing basically the entire year with an aging QB and WR corps and a pathetic O-line.

Addai made any of his owners sick by watching Kenton Keith score 3 TDs on MNF after he got the wind knocked out of him in the 1st quarter or something.

Westy is always talked about as being injury prone too, and with his small frame it's just as likely as it is with anyone else (although I don't really view him as an injury risk.) Even if he's playing, the constant Sunday morning watch to see whether he'll play or not is too much for some owners.

Gore? I won't even go into that. You guys know the drill. He won't get touched til round 2 in some drafts.

LJ? We discussed this to death last year too, and you saw how the 400 carries theory worked out. The Chiefs had a good draft but if you think that'll keep him from being beaten to death again this year, that's your call and a risk I'm not willing to take.

Moss? He's one pulled hammy or two game losing streak from potentially blowing up and making you look like a tool for taking a WR in the first.

Brady? Remember Manning coming back down to earth after his record breaking year? Plus, you gotta take 2 starting RBs sometime and the question marks don't disappear in the later rounds either.

Portis? He's incredibly talented but the injury concern is there with him just as much, if not moreso than the other backs already listed.

Barber? He runs like a psycho and has never carried the full load. He may do fine and is without a doubt incredibly tough, but to think that doesn't pose a bit of an injury risk would be a foolish assumption.

Grant? Favre is gone. Grant only emerged last year and to assume he'll reach the same production despite the circumstances around him is wishful thinking, although it could definitely happen. Point is, he's no sure thing either.

So really, who do you want? If they're all injury risks, age risks, on bad teams, or have a small proven sample size why not take the guy who is obviously most talented, with the best O-line, is the youngest, performed the best last year, and has set high goals for himself? Seriously, convince me that the arguments against AD don't exist for basically EVERY other pick in the first two rounds and that the reward in his case isn't far superior to that of the other potential picks and maybe I'll reconsider. But for now, I'll go LT at one until he shows me otherwise, but if I'm picking at the two spot I'm absolutely thrilled to take AD off the board.

:mellow:

I'll gladly take All Day, Any Day, Any Time:

He had some bad games, but so does just about every back. He also had some games where he flashed skills that looked better than any back in football for the past 10-15 years. The 2000 yards comment is never a great one to hear based on all the backs who said it and didn't do it: add Corey Dillon after his rookie year to that list.

All said and done, I think he's the best pure runner in the NFL behind the best offensive line in football. Plus a few bad games is expected in a rookie season. Give the Vikings a steady influence at QB and 2000 yds is a strong possibility. Nothing wrong with him being optimistic, either. Look at Jamal Lewis' big season...did he have a QB considered worthwhile? I think not...

I heard that the Chargers were a playoff caliber team, but I admit I know nothing of their sexual orientation. Probably because that would have no bearing on the discussion, but if it concerns you, you could try searching Craigslist for casual encounters with football teams and see what turns up. Just be safe.

As a gay football fan, I find this hilarious.

My take on ADP is that no one has ever questioned his talent. Even prior to last year, his college resume spoke volumes, and unlike Reggie Bush, Peterson's style was a much better fit for the pro game. No one doubted the quality of his line or the run-first mentality of his offense (so long as Tavaris Jackson remains the starter). And I doubt many felt Chester Taylor would pose a huge obstacle.

The knock on ADP has always been his injury history. Those questions have not gone away. But after a RoY season, everyone one is willing to overlook those issues. He was underrated last year. He'll probably be overrated this year -- not because he doesn't have the talent to put up 1800 yards rushing, but because he has the knees that could very well limit him to half a season.

I imagine the fantasy value of Peterson will probably yo-yo over the course of his career -- overrated after huge years like 2007, and underrated the year after a season-ending injury. If I have a lesson, it's don't buy the hype. The average fantasy football owner pays too much attention to last year's numbers. Don't get caught up in overreaction.

Don't get caught up in overreaction.

His injury history is what not to overreact too. His numbers are not a fluke, he's that good and he's always been "that" good. I myself don't see the reason to underreact to "that".

I believe he very well could get 2000.

ADP2K