Sign in to follow this  
robb

Defense Team By Committee (DTBC) for 2008

Send me an e-mail at: robbaustin@comcast.net

if you want a copy. I will be out of computer access from Tuesday through Friday, but I will send it upon my return, if not sooner.

The purpose of DTBC is to find teams who won't get drafted or will get drafted late so as to get the "value" of a higher ranked team yet not "pay" as much for them. Using a Top 1/2/3 "Defense" does defeat the purpose of Defense By Committee, that is why I don't consider the #3 scoring combo of SD/Oakland a good choice.

KC/NO scored a 48 so for 2008 they are my pick as the best DTBC! (SD is a top 1 or 2 defense so not a good DTBC.)

Denver/KC was a strong 2nd with a score of 51, so be on the lookout for that combination and Oakland/NO scored a 54 so

another excellent choice.

My defensive "sleeper" combo is Denver & Kansas City as they both should have plausable defenses with great schedules! If you look at the Comparison tab at the bottom you see these 2 teams play Oakland, Atlanta or Miami a total of 8 times in the 16 week season (all weak offenses)! What a great schedule these 2 defenses play against.

Thank you Mike Sweeney for making the original matrix a reality and I am only updating it every year to make it current, as I have for the past 4 years. Please enjoy everyone and let me know if you used it!

I would love to see your analysis (I'll send you an e-mail next week), but I like employing a DTBC approach by using the waiver wire as well. You'd be surprised, even in leagues where owners have 2 defenses on their roster, how favorable some of the one-week matchups for a waiver wire defense can be.