Sign in to follow this  
vu784

McGahee Stock Up/Down Life After Ogden

I need to know what the impact would be since I am in a keeper league and there are very few players to choose from at the top of the charts since alot of young stars in past drafts were selected beyond the 3rd round(keeper-eligible). I say he would be chosen between the mid-to-late 1st round. Just my opinion. I want to know what others think. What do you think?

I'm not a Baltimore homer, so take this as you will. From what I've heard, Ogden didn't really have as much of an impact this last season, and the team likes Gaither. Looking at McGahee's stats over last year, there's no noticeable difference in the games where Ogden didn't play (wk 2-6), except for that he only scored 1 TD during that time. Actually, his numbers are more consistent through that stretch, but it's a small sample size. I think the new coach and OC will have more effect on McGahee's stats than Gaither starting at LT.

I'm not a Baltimore homer, so take this as you will. From what I've heard, Ogden didn't really have as much of an impact this last season, and the team likes Gaither. Looking at McGahee's stats over last year, there's no noticeable difference in the games where Ogden didn't play (wk 2-6), except for that he only scored 1 TD during that time. Actually, his numbers are more consistent through that stretch, but it's a small sample size. I think the new coach and OC will have more effect on McGahee's stats than Gaither starting at LT.

effect in a good way :music_guitarred:

effect in a good way :cry:

That's always the hope.

J

Ogden leaving shouldn't have much of an effect since he wasn't very good last year anyway. But Cameron coming to town is a big boost for a RB that was already boarder-line top 10. I think he's a definite top 10 this year, although I don't see many places ranking him that high. He finished top 10 in my league last year, and I see no reason why this year should be any worse. It's not like the QB situation last year was any better.

Ogden was banged up and a shell of his former self when he did play last year so I dont think it will negatively effect Willis much if at all.

Jared Gaither has a CHANCE to be a really good LT in the NFL. I coached him in high school basketball for 2 years. He is a legit 6'9 and is the biggest natural athlete I have ever been around. He has GREAT feet and all the natural athletic ability in the world.

He didnt play organized football until his senior year of high school so the question is going to be how hard he works and if he can avoid the potential negative distractions of those around him. He's a good kid but he grew up in not the best circumstances and has some family/friends who might not not be the best thing for him. But I think he should be fine in that regard.

Regardless of whether or not Jared gets the LT spot, I think that the addition of Cameron as a play calller will be enough of a positive to keep McGahee's stock pretty high this year. In redrafts he's a 1st round pick, early second at worst.

Ogden's leaving won't do much to hurt him. Where McGahee gets a boost in my book is because he's got Cam Cameron running the offensive show now. All Cam does is turn RB's into studs. I expect Willis to be more involved in the passing game. I do think Ray Rice will spell Willis more, so he may be a bit fresher, particularly at the end of games and the end of the season.

I don't see him as much worse off. All the new coaches and QB around him could end up actually helping his production. I still don't understand why they drafted Rice though..

I don't see him as much worse off. All the new coaches and QB around him could end up actually helping his production. I still don't understand why they drafted Rice though..

Quality Rb depth is pretty important in today's NFL.

I still don't understand why they drafted Rice though..

Maybe cause they don't have faith in P.J. Daniels if McGahee were to get injured ?

Just a WILD guess :unsure:

Maybe cause they don't have faith in P.J. Daniels if McGahee were to get injured ?

Just a WILD guess :shocking:

True, I forgot that they got rid of Musa Smith...been away from football for so long :unsure:

What peolple forget is what Cam Cameran did for Ronnie in Miami with a crap O-line and 3 differant QB's... And oh ya...that guy in San Diego (LT)

He is an understudy of Turner & Bo Schembechler....Ya...they seem too have left favorable impressions on all football enthusiatiest with thier RB & Qb play for all their past teams....from a fantasy and professioonal perspective.

Willis McGahee may be a top 5 RB this year....I like the fact that Boller will be pitching the ball more likely....he has gotten better every year and should continue to improve...exspecially under Cam!

Just my opinion though!

What peolple forget is what Cam Cameran did for Ronnie in Miami with a crap O-line and 3 differant QB's... And oh ya...that guy in San Diego (LT)

He is an understudy of Turner & Bo Schembechler....Ya...they seem too have left favorable impressions on all football enthusiatiest with thier RB & Qb play for all their past teams....from a fantasy and professioonal perspective.

Willis McGahee may be a top 5 RB this year....I like the fact that Boller will be pitching the ball more likely....he has gotten better every year and should continue to improve...exspecially under Cam!

Just my opinion though!

I agree here, and as a Willis McGahee dynasty owner, I'm practically giddy about McGahee's prospects this year. I think they will use Rice to spell him to keep him fresh, but I see him still carrying the ball most of the time and being more involved in the passing game as well. The guy isn't a good head coach, but man does he turn RB's into all around studs.

I agree here, and as a Willis McGahee dynasty owner, I'm practically giddy about McGahee's prospects this year. I think they will use Rice to spell him to keep him fresh, but I see him still carrying the ball most of the time and being more involved in the passing game as well. The guy isn't a good head coach, but man does he turn RB's into all around studs.

The guy isn't a good head coach, but man does he turn RB's into all around studs

Yep...just like Norv Turner with Ricky Williams, Steven Davis, Emmit Smith, Frank Gore....and who ever at USC in the early days...

I agree with Willis getting a lot of rec's this year also....50+ Cam will run 2 TE sets keeping thim both in and swinging out Willis a lot.

And no, I am not a Willis fan nor Baltimore fan....(Dallas & Denver)