Sign in to follow this  
Norpac Attack

Cutler or Bulger

I am in a keeper league that favors QB's heavily.

1 pt for every 25 yards, and 6 pts per passing TD. (-2 pts per INT)

I have to choose between Cutler and Bulger and every preview I have looked at ranks them about the same. Bulger has a slightly more favorable schedule, so I am leaning that way.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Bulger has been a top 12 QB year in and year out, with the exception of last year when he lost 7 lineman and a stud RB in the first 5 weeks, and then he himself was injured, you cant expect something that freaky to happen again.

I would keep bulger.

I am fairly high on cutler too, he is on my target list, but i have him as being a target a round or 2 after bulger.

:edit: I went and looked up there ADP and bulger is going a full round before cutler, so the consensus believes Bulger is better value as well.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

I agree that you need to go with Bulger. i wouldn't even think twice. thanks for mine.

Add another vote for Bulger.

Assuming the freaky injury bug doesn't hit St. Louis again, he's got far more talent all around him. While Marshall should start performing in Denver, I'd rather my QB be throwing to Holt, Bruce and McMichael. As for RB support, we're talking SJax vs. Shanahan's treat of the week. Plus I personally feel that Bulger has more pure talent and toughness than Cutler.

So all things point to Bulger for me.

i to believe that Bulger is the pick to go with. I feel he will have a great bounce back season.

thanks for mine

I guess I am all alone on this one but I would keep Cutler.

Fairly even on worth this year IMO

Younger and Healthier (More likely to play 16 games)

Bulger has only had 1 season in which he played all 16, 2006

The most TD's he's thrown is 24, 2006

Far more upside with Cutler

He threw 20 TD's in his 1st full season, 16 games in 07.

CUTLER!

I guess I am all alone on this one but I would keep Cutler.

Fairly even on worth this year IMO

Younger and Healthier (More likely to play 16 games)

Bulger has only had 1 season in which he played all 16, 2006

The most TD's he's thrown is 24, 2006

Far more upside with Cutler

He threw 20 TD's in his 1st full season, 16 games in 07.

CUTLER!

I live in St. Louis and have been burned by Bulger in the past. Let me give you the negatives on him, in my opinion.

1. He plays behind one of the worst lines in the league. They are horrible when healthy.

2. Torry Holt is coming off his 3rd knee surgery in as many years. What happens if he goes down?

3. Al Saunders. Steven Jackson will be asked to carry the load.

4. Drew Bennett is the #2 WR and Avery is, at this point, the #3. Talk about a lack of options!

5. Saunders will use the TE more. That means one less person to keep the pass rush off Bulger.

6. Sometimes he is just plain dis-interested and it shows on the field. Have you seen some of the picks he throws?

7. Quick, name the Center and Right Guard!

8. Reche Caldwell is the #4 WR. God help Bulger if Caldwell is called upon.

Why I like Cutler better:

1. Better WR's to throw too. Brandon Marshall may get suspended for being an idiot, but he has two good TE's and they have enough WR's to weather the 4 game suspension, if it happens.

2. He not only played in all the games last season, he played with an unregulated Diabetes issue.

3. Bulger has an easier schedule, but Cutler has the heart to play in all 16 games. Bulger will not. Wait and see.

4. If Steven Jackson goes down, Bulger is finished too. Cutler obviously doesn't rely on a single running back.

5. 20 TD's in his first year as a starter. That was without a second option the majority of the season!

I think Bulger hits 22 TD's and Cutler hits 26, provided they are both healthy for 16 full games. I don't expect Bulger to play in every game. Orlando Pace has only played in 9 of the last 32 games. They have not had a Center or Guard finish a full season since 2006. The Rams have no depth at all on the offensive side of the ball. If Torry or Jackson goes down, this team is finished. Cutler has an athletic line that uses a simple scheme so regardless of the starter, it is easy to learn and adapt too.

Just my take.

I would go with Cutler.I think he has a slightly better group of WRs and TEs to throw to.

Bulger has been hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons.If Holt gets hurt again,Drew Bennet would be the #1 receiver...scary thought.

Cutler just has a better team around him.

Bulger has been a top 12 QB year in and year out, with the exception of last year when he lost 7 lineman and a stud RB in the first 5 weeks, and then he himself was injured, you cant expect something that freaky to happen again.

I would keep bulger.

I am fairly high on cutler too, he is on my target list, but i have him as being a target a round or 2 after bulger.

:edit: I went and looked up there ADP and bulger is going a full round before cutler, so the consensus believes Bulger is better value as well.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

Agree. Bulger was a top 3 QB in 2006. That o-line was riddled with injuries in 07. The Rams throw the ball alot more, and jackson is great catching out the backfield. I'd stick with Bulger.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=315642

In redraft I would go with Bulger, but since it is a keeper league I would go with youth and potential and keep Cutler.