Sign in to follow this  
davebg

We should freeze the assets of every Serbian government employee or agency in the US!

God, this p|sses me off so much!!! :rolleyes:

Short version: Serbian meat head b-ball player in US beats the tar out of 130lb weakling, leaving him in a coma. He's bailed out by the Serbian ambassador, after surrendering his passport. Then, said ambassador issues him a temp passport and sneaks him out of the country, back into the arms of his wealthy Serbian parents.

We should immediately freeze all assets of any Serbian government employee or organization in the US. Then, we should take that money and use it to put a bounty on the heads of this cawksucker and the ambassador.

The wealthy parents of a hulking Serbian basketball player charged with viciously beating a Brooklyn student admitted they helped their son become an international fugitive by whisking him out of the country and back home because he had become a "scapegoat."...

...Speaking from their sprawling ranch house 1½ hours north of Belgrade, they were unsure about whether their son would return to face the music.

He might be "willing to return to the states to face the law" when the media circus - which they helped create - subsides.

They said Kovacevic, 20, is in the country but has gone into hiding because Serbian reporters have been camped outside their home.

"The authorities are not looking for him. He is not staying at home because it is a media circus here," Branka Kovacevic said.

Kovacevic was charged with pounding 130-pound Binghamton University student Bryan Steinhauer into a coma.

Steinhauer, 22, of Fort Greene, Brooklyn, was the victim of a vicious beating at a popular college bar on May 4....

...Kovacevic was sprung loose from an upstate jail on June 6 when his parents sent the $100,000 to a deputy consul at the Serbian consulate in New York so he could post bail.

Serbian Deputy Consul Igor Milosevic, who is currently on the lam, is believed by US authorities to have then furnished Kovacevic with an emergency passport. That document replaced the one Kovacevic had surrendered to Broome County authorities enabling him to leave on a June 8 flight to Germany from Newark....

...Both the FBI and Interpol have issued warrants for Kovacevic's arrest, but charging Milosevic would be difficult because he is protected by diplomatic immunity. His whereabouts were unknown yesterday, but a spokesman for Schumer said "in our mind, we have two fugitives on our hands."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06272008/news/...rbia_117461.htm

yeah....like Americans don't pull sh!t like that. :rolleyes:

Did some punk Ameican get caned in Singapore like ten years ago?

I think the US tried to talk the govt out of it but he still got caned.

I can't remember...been a while

but to balance that doushbaggery, ana ivanovic makes me feel good in the pants.... :rolleyes:

call it a draw

yeah....like Americans don't pull sh!t like that. :rolleyes:

Please provide a link to any story where a US ambassador issued a temp passport to a bailed-out US citizen and whisked them out of the country to avoid going to trial for a viscious beating that he laid on someone.

Please provide a link to any story where a US ambassador issued a temp passport to a bailed-out US citizen and whisked them out of the country to avoid going to trial for a viscious beating that he laid on someone.

I'm definitely not arguing that this kid shouldn't have the book thrown at him, and that his parents and the ambassador need to be punished as well, but wealthy Americans live by different rules in America, I wouldn't be surprised if they also found ways to circumvent punishment in other countries as well. Again, doesn't make it right.

My point was people with money always get away with sh!t like that. I can't provide a link where an ambassador got invoved, but you can open up a USA today and see similar stories of people gettin screwed over by others with cash and/ or influence.

Did some punk Ameican get caned in Singapore like ten years ago?

I think the US tried to talk the govt out of it but he still got caned.

I can't remember...been a while

I was thinking the same thing. Every swingin d!ck American was against the caning but it did happen anyway. Little focker shouldn't have been out there doin graffitti.

Isn't Dragan a Serbian name?

I was thinking the same thing. Every swingin d!ck American was against the caning but it did happen anyway. Little focker shouldn't have been out there doin graffitti.

Graffitti vs. beating a human being to within an inch of their life...while not "apples to apples" I suppose they're both in the same food group. :banana:

Graffitti vs. beating a human being to within an inch of their life...while not "apples to apples" I suppose they're both in the same food group. :banana:

My point was the U.S. tried to solve it diplomatically, they didn't just fly the dude out of the country. He deserved to get caned. Just like this punk deserves to be prosecuted by the American courts

My point was people with money always get away with sh!t like that. I can't provide a link where an ambassador got invoved, but you can open up a USA today and see similar stories of people gettin screwed over by others with cash and/ or influence.

The fact that government officials helped this man escape while acting in their offical capacity as a representative of the government makes the Serbian government and all of its employees complicit in the crime, IMO. Hence, why I say we should freeze their assets off until they make this right by not only bringing the meat head to justice, but also by stripping the ambassador of his position/immunity and bringing him before a US court to answer for his crimes.

My point was the U.S. tried to solve it diplomatically, they didn't just fly the dude out of the country. He deserved to get caned. Just like this punk deserves to be prosecuted by the American courts

Oh..my bad...I misinterpreted your post. :banana: Seems like you and I are on the same page.

The fact that government officials helped this man escape while acting in their offical capacity as a representative of the government makes the Serbian government and all of its employees complicit in the crime, IMO. Hence, why I say we should freeze their assets off until they make this right by not only bringing the meat head to justice, but also by stripping the ambassador of his position/immunity and bringing him before a US court to answer for his crimes.

Hell, I'll take it one step further and suggest that if/when this scumbag gets dragged before a court in the US and his parents come to give him their support that the parents should be arrested on the spot, in front of their son, and charged with their admitted role in helping him become a fugitive from the law.

Throw the book at all of them. Let this big, tough dooshbag watch his mother get dragged off to US jail in cuffs for helping him avoid responsibility for his crime.

I agreed with Picard's decision to spirit Wesley Crusher away from that hippy planet that was going to execute him for falling in the flowers.

I agreed with Picard's decision to spirit Wesley Crusher away from that hippy planet that was going to execute him for falling in the flowers.

Me too. Although that sure looked like a greta place to live, as far as the chicks go.

I live right near Binghamton. For his parents to claim that there was a media circus before he fled the country as his reasons for fleeing are beyond ridiculous. There's one crappy newspaper in town and 3 TV stations. Each did a few stories when it happenned and when he was soon arrested for it (just basic reporting of police statements) but that was it until it was found out a month later he had fled the country. For the lack of news that happens around here it was very tame coverage. Since then it's been the big constant news story here but not before.

Totally agree Davebg :music_guitarred: