Sign in to follow this  
puntjack

Tomlinson's trade value?

In a league where we keep up to 4 players, giving up our 1st 4 draft picks, I have the following trade offer...

Tomlinson for Maroney (or Portis) and 6.04 (or a 6th round pick next year)

Here my keepers right now are Tomlinson, Gore, Braylon Edwards and either Derek Anderson, Brandon Jacobs or Wes Welker. His team includes Carson Palmer, Maroney, Portis, Larry Fitzgerald and Chad Johnson.

I'm leaning towards declining the offer right now, but want to get a feel for others' views on Tomlinson in this type of league.

I don't think you get enough for LT in that deal. I might consider a deal for Portis if you get something better to go with him than a 6th round pick.

I don't think you get enough for LT in that deal. I might consider a deal for Portis if you get something better to go with him than a 6th round pick.

What do you think is a deal that makes sense for me? I stared at it for a while and couldn't come up with anything. The only thing I can think of is extra draft picks, but I already have two 5th, a 6th and two 7th round picks, so I'm thinking I should have a pretty good chance of making a title run this year.

No way do you do that deal! Tomlinson is worth much more than that even if it is not a ppr. If it is a ppr he it is even more lopsided. To trade Tomlinson I would want someone younger than Portis and in a better situation than Maroney. I agree it is a great time to trade him. If you could get Maroney/Fitz/Pick for Tomlinson/Welker. That way your keepers could be Maroney/Gore/Edwards/Fitz. It is just very hard to get the value out of Tomlinson this year. If I were a Tomlinson owner and in a keeper/dynasty league I would be targeting Lynch/WR or pick. Lynch young, on an improving team, and he has no competition for carries now or in the future. JMO.

It's hard to say without seeing both rosters. I think you need to come out of the deal with a good RB that isn't too far of a drop from LT and a significant upgrade at another position like WR to make a deal.

It's hard to say without seeing both rosters. I think you need to come out of the deal with a good RB that isn't too far of a drop from LT and a significant upgrade at another position like WR to make a deal.

The players that I mentioned are the only ones that had any keeper potential.

The guy who has Lynch doesn't really have much else to go along with him (no other keeper-worthy RBs). At WR, he has Colston, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall.

What are your thoughts on offering him LT2 and Brandon Jacobs for Lynch, a 5th this year and a 5th next year? Would you take the deal if he asked to throw out the 2nd draft pick?

I might consider a deal like LT and a 6th round pick for Portis and Fitz. I'm not really sold on DA long term, so I might want to consider a deal for Palmer as well. DA's value is probably the highest it will ever be and Plmers seems to be down. Maybe offer something like LT, DA and Welker(or a draft pick) for Portis, Fitz and Palmer. Honestly though, I would shop around with other teams though. I agree with oldman that it would be good to get some younger talant. Maybe look for a RB along the lines of MBIII, Lynch or MJD and a top WR.

The guy who has Lynch doesn't really have much else to go along with him (no other keeper-worthy RBs). At WR, he has Colston, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall.

What are your thoughts on offering him LT2 and Brandon Jacobs for Lynch, a 5th this year and a 5th next year? Would you take the deal if he asked to throw out the 2nd draft pick?

I don't like this deal either. I still think you aren't getting enough for the premier RB in fantasy football. I would ask for Lynch, Colston and a pick for LT2 and Jacobs.

Why can't the guys in my league be willing to give me LT for Maroney and a junk pick? :thumbsdown:

Why can't the guys in my league be willing to give me LT for Maroney and a junk pick? :thumbsdown:

LOL It would be nice. I don't get offered those deals either.

You can't even consider this deal around Portis (just as much tread on his tires as LT and while very good.. not LT) and Maroney (who knows if he even plays up to feature back numbers and not a natural goal line RB). I'd want at least a top young RB in return (Lynch or maybe Barber as throttlers pointed out may be the only guy that fits the bill.. ADP being too good) along with a top WR and a solid pick. Almost always, the team that gets the superstar makes out in the end.

Why consider it? Are you concerned that LT's mileage will quickly render him a lesser RB? Want to deal him while his value is still really high? I don't think we see a big drop off from him until maybe next year -- he's Emmitt, Barry special.. if any back will defy the excessive carry/catches index.. it's LT. He also doesn't take the punishment that some of the bigger RBs do. As keepers go, he still has some real value me thinks.

Why consider it? Are you concerned that LT's mileage will quickly render him a lesser RB? Want to deal him while his value is still really high? I don't think we see a big drop off from him until maybe next year -- he's Emmitt, Barry special.. if any back will defy the excessive carry/catches index.. it's LT. He also doesn't take the punishment that some of the bigger RBs do. As keepers go, he still has some real value me thinks.

I agree. Puntjack, you almost seem determined to get rid of LT. Do you feel that his value will diminish that much this year?

I agree. Puntjack, you almost seem determined to get rid of LT. Do you feel that his value will diminish that much this year?

I don't feel compelled to get rid of him now, I'm just trying to gauge what others view as his "value" in this league. I'm always looking to make my team better for the medium-term (2-5 years), so if there's a deal that makes me younger and nets me some draft picks, I'm usually up for at least investigating it as much as possible.

Actually, on the contrary, I think I would need to get bowled over to deal Tomlinson right now. I have some very good, high draft picks along with arguably the best group of keepers in the league, so I think I have a great shot to win a title this year.

If it were me I would take Lynch/Colston or Lynch/CJ2/Pick. I mean up until CJ2 got hurt he was on track for a great rookie season. I think he is a future top 5-7 type WR and Lynch is a top 5 RB. I would really try to target a trade with this team if you are going to move LT. JMO

In a Keeper league I would be looking to deal LT -- but for a guy like MBIII, Lynch , or Addai