Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Article: Crank Scores

Good article. I'll admit I don't understand all of the analysis, but the conclusions are interesting. I like the thought that AD isn't automatically a top 2 pick, like he seems to be on most lists.

Shouldn't you change the article name to Meth Scores? Crank is such an 80's term.

j/k... nice article :thumbsup:

I like Crank better...it implies some applications of this theory could wind up being a bunch of garbage--but still interesting to check out. :)

I like Crank better...it implies some applications of this theory could wind up being a bunch of garbage--but still interesting to check out. :)

Great article as always. The adjustments you made with the TEs is very interesting and I am look forward to seeing next weeks article. One comment, and maybe its just me, but the yellow is a little hard to see in the charts. Maybe you could make it a bit darker.

--SC

cliff notes please ...... what are they an how are they formulated? My brain cells are to few to read all that!

FWIW, I factored in CRANK rankings last year into my draft strategy. It was actually what led me to end up with Addai and Edge (and later to trade for Lynch) as my core of RB and they worked our pretty well. I would have had a hell of a season had it not been for Kitna sucking and Schaub/Garrard getting hurt (and to a lesser extent Delhomme...who killed Steve Smith when he went out). But the CRank is particularly useful for "breaking a tie" when you're trying to decide between two players in the same tier who are available at a pick. Good work as always MW.

Great article as always. The adjustments you made with the TEs is very interesting and I am look forward to seeing next weeks article. One comment, and maybe its just me, but the yellow is a little hard to see in the charts. Maybe you could make it a bit darker.

--SC

Will do, thanks.

FWIW, I factored in CRANK rankings last year into my draft strategy. It was actually what led me to end up with Addai and Edge (and later to trade for Lynch) as my core of RB and they worked our pretty well. I would have had a hell of a season had it not been for Kitna sucking and Schaub/Garrard getting hurt (and to a lesser extent Delhomme...who killed Steve Smith when he went out). But the CRank is particularly useful for "breaking a tie" when you're trying to decide between two players in the same tier who are available at a pick. Good work as always MW.

Yeah, the crank scores led me to getting Addai, Edge and for that matter Jamal Lewis too....CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

But the prognostications also led to me getting Darrel Jackson...can't win em all huh WILDMAN:)

Anyway, WILDMAN...will you be updating the rankings based on CRANK throughout the summer like you did last year or is it a one shot deal??

Wildman you really are the OGR. Thanks for the great work.

Quick question. How did you calculate Andre Johnson's score? Seems to me that he would have been higher than #21 based on his stats from the 9 games he played last year. I understand you're using this year's projections but just curious as to how he scored so low.

Yeah, the crank scores led me to getting Addai, Edge and for that matter Jamal Lewis too....CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

:)

Dont you have some work to do!

Dont you have some work to do!

Hey...it's a lazy friday afternoon in the office and I don't feel like returning any clients phone calls....and of course the all important crank article has hit the net...

Hey...it's a lazy friday afternoon in the office and I don't feel like returning any clients phone calls....and of course the all important crank article has hit the net...

Im making some phone calls to get you disbarred. Im the only one from our league allowed to neglect other responsibilities to obsess over this stuff.

Ima holla at you this evening though.

Wildman you really are the OGR. Thanks for the great work.

Quick question. How did you calculate Andre Johnson's score? Seems to me that he would have been higher than #21 based on his stats from the 9 games he played last year. I understand you're using this year's projections but just curious as to how he scored so low.

This just shows the fallibility of the experiments I was doing. Since Johnson missed all those games, it lowered him when he was sorted. So really, when you factor in the fact he missed 9 games, he would have likely scored much higher. Rate him high if you believe he's not a health risk with the knee issue. I would rate him higher.