Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Charlie Wilsons War

I gotta tell ya, an excellent movie in my opinion. Great story, great acting, setting, etc. Tom Hanks is a true talent and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is quickly becoming one of my top 5 of favorite actors. :doublethumbsup:

Very, very good movie. Tom Hanks is the best actor of his generation, and one of the best ever. Amazing in everything he does.

I gotta tell ya, an excellent movie in my opinion. Great story, great acting, setting, etc. Tom Hanks is a true talent and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is quickly becoming one of my top 5 of favorite actors. :dunno:

I thought it was a superb movie, as well. Tom Hanks has always been one of my favorite actors, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman has rocketed up into my Top 10 List. He never ceases to amaze me with his acting talents, and he is as versatile as actors come. If only he was...uh, a little more "camera friendly," I think he would be revered by the mainstream as one of the most talented actors of the last few decades.

After seeing the history channel do his story a few years ago I'm not sure I'd like it as a movie.

It was pretty decent.

Tom Hanks is absolutely the best actor of his generation. I don't even think there is a second place to him.

Have you seen Lions for Lambs?

I thought it was a very good movie. Much funnier than I expected it to be. :dunno:

After seeing the history channel do his story a few years ago I'm not sure I'd like it as a movie.

I saw that too...and while I wasn't disappointed in the movie you certainly come away from it wanting more. It's worth watching but think of it more as the cliff notes version of the actual story.

The quote from Charlie at the end is a very powerful one:

These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world...

...and then we focked up the endgame.

I don't think we've learned a thing.

I was pleasantly suprised by this movie...the cast and story were more than enough to keep me interested throughout. I love how it iwas based on a true story too, even though it probably was dramatized a lot.

did tom hanks continue his streak of pissing in every movie he makes?