Sign in to follow this  
hardball

Pierre Thomas

With McCallister having an MRI scheduled for his swollen knee does this move Pierre Thomas up considerably? How much of a threat is Stecker?

Pierre just gained "Draft" status. Stecker is 33 and Thomas showed game last year when he got his chance.

This will be worth watching throughuot training camp. My $$$'s on Pierre.

I am looking to grab him later in all my drafts. He is worth a pick 10-13 round range

I just saw where McCallister's MRI showed no structural damage and that he was even able to practice some in the afternoon session. I don't think he lasts.

I think Thomas is one of the better "sleeper" picks this year.

Healthy or not Bush showed he's not an every down back.

McAllister is coming of major injury (and may not even play at all)

Stecker is an older journeyman RB that played a bigger role only b/c Thomas wasn't ready to carry more last year.

All reports are Thomas looks great in camp, so he may just win the job outright anyway!

I kept a very close eye on P Thomas during preseason last year. I picked him up as quick as I could as I could see all of the potential in him. Everyone would be wise to stash him on the bench as I see him as the main back at the start of the season with Bush playing more of a Kordell Stewart type roll. I still see Bush getting all kinds of touches since he is such a freakish athlete and puts the fear in the defense...but I think Thomas will be the heart & soul of the running game.

~Mr G.

I kept a very close eye on P Thomas during preseason last year. I picked him up as quick as I could as I could see all of the potential in him. Everyone would be wise to stash him on the bench as I see him as the main back at the start of the season with Bush playing more of a Kordell Stewart type roll. I still see Bush getting all kinds of touches since he is such a freakish athlete and puts the fear in the defense...but I think Thomas will be the heart & soul of the running game.

~Mr G.

Kordell Stewart? I had no idea Bush's arm was so sh!tty

Kordell Stewart? I had no idea Bush's arm was so sh!tty

You know what I meant... We will see him lining up at RB/WR/Slash role this season. It sounds as if he will be used during the return game as well.

You must own Bush...huh.

You know what I meant... We will see him lining up at RB/WR/Slash role this season. It sounds as if he will be used during the return game as well.

You must own Bush...huh.

I doubt he owns Bush. It was just stupid to compare him to Kordell.

The situation w/ McAllister reminds me of Dom Davis (or whatever name he was using at the time) with the Texans a few years back. The pain was just too much for him and he was never able to get back on the field again. Additionally, it seems that they like Thomas enough that they were able to let go of Pittman last year after using a draft pick to bring him in.

Definately something to keep an eye on.

(FFChamps) The Baton Rouge Advocate reports that running back Pierre Thomas is competing to get a lot of touches in the Saints' backfield in camp.

Analysis: Thomas, if Bush fails to show he is capable of carrying the load, could hypothetically become the starter, allowing Bush to assume his role pre-McAllister's knee injury. Thomas is the ultimate late-round sleeper pick.

nothing to see here....move along

damn you people....shhhhhhhhh

exactly....all the ffers who know him and have been all over him the past 9 months want his publicity to remain zero.

the guy showed skills and stats in his opportunities last season. with the health of deuce and bush still in question, any back with opps in that offense will post stats.

I drafted him twice already in the 9th rounds of a 22 and 18 round draft, respectively.

Ya, I've had him on my dynasty squad since week 4 last year. It would be a nice payout to see him get some more work. He sure showed at the end of last year that he can handle it. Kind of like the end of FWP's rookie year, week 17.