Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

Madden 2009 FFToday Online Homer League

I always think of the good stuff.

If I make the playoffs, I could set up my games to be viewed, but that's cause I'm an IT nerd.

I'll see what I can do. :wacko:

It's not like we have -40- teams or anything.

good point, but the CPU's should be allowed to make the playoffs.

Good question, what are we setting the CPUs to? All Pro? All Madden is usually too hard

good point, but the CPU's should be allowed to make the playoffs.

Good question, what are we setting the CPUs to? All Pro? All Madden is usually too hard

I'm not sure how it works. I dunno if there will be a full league and the teams we don't take will be CPU controlled, or if it will generate a schedule of teams we've selected and not even include the rest.

either way, I think we'll set it to All-Pro regardless to give a little slack to those newer to the game. I'd be cool with going lower than that if people want to. It's whatever the general consensus wants to do.

Alright, so far I'm looking at these settings. Thoughts are welcome.

League Name: FFToday Homer League

Abbreviation: FFTHL

Logo-Plaque (not a ton of cool options)

Trophy-Bacon (only fitting)

Password- GFIAFP

Max Users-32

Games-1 (means you play everyone once)

Max DNF%-any

Unique rosters-yes

Enable draft-no

Trades-simple (had no idea you could do this. Pretty sweet.)

Playoff-yes

Quarter length-7 minutes

skill level-Pro

fatigue-no

injuries-no

Random weather-yes

:rolleyes:

I'd say shorter games. But if it's only one game a week or something, then 7 minutes is fine.

I like 5 personally.

the time is usually so slow, if you have 3 TO's you can score a TD from your own 20. it's pretty unrealistic.

did you create that league yet, cause i looked for it and couldnt find it there

not yet, gonna wait on more folks and to get some input before I create it in case I can't change it later.

i got my new car last night, I didn't even get madden yet. can you blame me?

I agree with 5 minute quarters. Also, is there an option to turn rewinds off?

I agree with 5 minute quarters. Also, is there an option to turn rewinds off?

I think they're automatically off in all online play. :cheers:

wouldn't league play be considered a RANKED game? or can you change that?

a RANKED game is pre-set and it has 5 minute quarters and FAIR PLAY turned on.

you can't go for it on 4th and 15 from your own 20. etc.

Sounds like fun. I will take the colts.

It might be a good idea to change the settings to Draft so the teams are relatively balanced?

Either way though it should be a good time.

Therook

It might be a good idea to change the settings to Draft so the teams are relatively balanced?

Therook

What draft?

Therook

got ya.

got ya.

What draft? we're drafting teams, not playing with the orginals?

What draft? we're drafting teams, not playing with the orginals?

nah, I plan on just rolling with the original teams.

nah, I plan on just rolling with the original teams.

good. I am geeky at times, but I don't think I can handle a madden draft.

good. I am geeky at times, but I don't think I can handle a madden draft.

I'd just rather not leave it up to chance of who got what picks. We've got times to get used to our teams and playbooks and junk. Plus, it'd take HOURS to get a draft done, and there'd never be a time that worked for everyone.

Dang, Madden is fun but it kinda sucks as the Vikings. Jackson is tough to play with! Although the defense rocks. So far I've won 14-13, 17-6, 24-3. This could be bad when this league starts up lol.

Sorry guys I am out.. I havnt had a chance to go get the game yet and will be heading out for a vacation for a few weeks... so the Seahawks are open!

they finally fixed the clocked and made the clock run normally. u can't drive the length of the field with 45 seconds on the clock and no time outs. I still say we roll with 5 mins though.

WOW this is so much different from 2008 and I played 08 on the PC

completely different experience.

It's a lot of fun to play. I may have to change teams though, the Broncos are terribad and I don't want to get stomped every game. I'll pick a team soon and let you know.

It's a lot of fun to play. I may have to change teams though, the Broncos are terribad and I don't want to get stomped every game. I'll pick a team soon and let you know.

Switch me to the Eagles please.

I just wanted to state for the record how fricken awesome this year's game is. They really captured a lot of the little things that brings the game to a whole new level. Off the top of my head:

Easily the best part of the game is the realism involved in tackling. When I saw a WR go over the middle on a slant, the QB throws the ball high, and then the LB hit him low... and the WR proceeded to do a flip/helicopter spin as he got hit... just beautiful. RB's spinning out of tackles or dragging guys behind them for a few yards... just awesome.

The RB gets gang tackled and as a players are getting up out of the scrum they push off of each other in a little skirmish.

A ball carrier gets tackled, and defenders getting there a bit late jump over the pile.

The players' reactions to plays are realistic.. whether it's a DB dropping an easy interception and staring at his hands like they aren't a part of him... or a RB who breaks off a good run and celebrates afterwards... it's all stuff you see in real football.

All in all you can easily see that Madden is headed somewhere real special, real soon... where the game is almost literally like watching a real game.

Oh, and guys who are switching teams just because their team sucks (cough cough *Kanil*), show some sack. If you really aren't a Broncos fan... then I excuse you.

All in all you can easily see that Madden is headed somewhere real special, real soon... where the game is almost literally like watching a real game.

Oh, and guys who are switching teams just because their team sucks (cough cough *Kanil*), show some sack. If you really aren't a Broncos fan... then I excuse you.

Just wanted to clarify that I'm a Colts fan, but knew we'd get more people to join if I made them available, so I switched to the Jags (who are terrible, but I'll make it work.)

Just wanted to clarify that I'm a Colts fan, but knew we'd get more people to join if I made them available, so I switched to the Jags (who are terrible, but I'll make it work.)

I did wonder about that, but it's way different because you are takin a step down (in Madden at least) :overhead:

I'm the Patriots and I'll get stomped.

In 10 years of Madden, I still can't figure out the focking passing game. :doh:

I did wonder about that, but it's way different because you are takin a step down (in Madden at least) :rolleyes:

I've rolled with the Colts on every Madden since 2002, so it'll be good for me to learn a new playbook, team, and style of play. I play decent D, but winning 56-21 was getting old. Played online yesterday and was up 17-0 against the Cowboys, then he quit when I picked him off in the redzone to end the second quarter.

Let me just say that

I HATE YOU ALL!!!

I am a Madden Legend and very confident that I would crush everyone here. Sadly for me though I dont have a PS3, only a PS2. :doh:

Was planning on buying one, or a 360, last year. Then wife got pregnant and now we have a 5 month old baby girl. Wife isnt digging me dropping 4 bills on a video game right now. Sucks for me but I'll be in there soon.

Practice up, boys! Im comin for you.

Me_2006, you were right about the 7 minutes, they totally changed the clock and how fast it runs.

I would suggest at least 7 minute quarters, maybe 10.

I just played a game 5 minute quarters, my 1st drive brought me to the 2 minute warning of the half.

Me_2006, you were right about the 7 minutes, they totally changed the clock and how fast it runs.

I would suggest at least 7 minute quarters, maybe 10.

I just played a game 5 minute quarters, my 1st drive brought me to the 2 minute warning of the half.

my friends and I always play on 8. Most of them aren't as proficient passing as I am, and I tend to score quite a bit when I play them (zone coverage? Please.) so they have to abandon their plans of running it to try and control the clock against me if I score early and get a lead if we play any shorter than that.

I'm still open to ideas, but I tend to like 7-8 minutes. If you all wanna play 5, we'll play 5, but get some experience with this "new" clock and realize that we sorta run the risk of letting one fluke play change the game if it's that short.