Sign in to follow this  
Me_2006

Madden 2009 FFToday Online Homer League

With Madden being released on the 12th, and the new online league feature this year, I thought it'd be cool to see if we could get a full 32-team FFtoday league. Just post here and let me know what team you want and your Playstation network ID. Try and take the team you cheer for, but if they're taken, feel free to just grab another team. So far it looks like this:

Me_2006- Jaguars

edjr- Patriots

DeWaffa- Saints

Mr. Landry-Cowboys

Kanil-Eagles

RamslovaMartzhata-Rams

Chocolate Town-Steelers

Memphis Elite-Raiders

yanivsme-Chargers

Bbleehehh9-Lions

PaleVermillion-Vikings

captainhefe-Browns

Therook-Colts

gehova-Giants

Name: FFToday Homer League

Password: gfiafp

max teams: 32

games: 1

DNF %: 25% or less

Quarters- 7 minutes

All Pro

injuries: no

fatigue: yes

random weather: on

Here's a link to the thread on the Geek bored. Link

With Madden being released on the 12th, and the new online league feature this year, I thought it'd be cool to see if we could get a full 32-team FFtoday league. Just post here and let me know what team you want and your Playstation network ID. Try and take the team you cheer for, but if they're taken, feel free to just grab another team. So far it looks like this:

Me_2006- Colts

edjr- Patriots

DeWaffa- Saints

Here's a link to the thread on the Geek bored. Link

I guess I'll get my ass kicked with the Rams.

But before I get in the league officially, what are the rules of the league? Is this just something where we would play one game a week? I don't want to commit to something I can't follow through on.

I guess I'll get my ass kicked with the Rams.

But before I get in the league officially, what are the rules of the league? Is this just something where we would play one game a week? I don't want to commit to something I can't follow through on.

It's still very sketchy til the game comes out and we see what the setup is like. You can play multiple games a day if you want, or hold up a matchup if you need to. You have your schedule and can play the games in any order at any time, from what I gather. Everyone works and has other stuff going on, so it'll definitely be flexible. Basically, if you and 2-3 others are on at once, you can knock a few games off your schedule at once, the way I understand it based on what I've read online.

There is a 360 league starting over there too if anyone wants to signup. :pointstosky:

Come on, where'd all the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys fans go? You focks won't go away any other time and now we can't find ya. :doublethumbsup:

Come on, where'd all the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys fans go? You focks won't go away any other time and now we can't find ya. :banana:

:angry:

All right. Assuming the 'setup' works for me, count me in for the Eagals. :mad: :nono:

I'll take the 'Boys. :wall:

I've never played online on the PS3 so I may have some questions getting it all setup but count me in.

I will be taking the BRONCOS to the championship.

I've never played online on the PS3 so I may have some questions getting it all setup but count me in.

I will be taking the BRONCOS to the championship.

Nice. It's easy to set up. Just let me know of any questions you've got. I'll add you to the list. :rolleyes:

It's still very sketchy til the game comes out and we see what the setup is like. You can play multiple games a day if you want, or hold up a matchup if you need to. You have your schedule and can play the games in any order at any time, from what I gather. Everyone works and has other stuff going on, so it'll definitely be flexible. Basically, if you and 2-3 others are on at once, you can knock a few games off your schedule at once, the way I understand it based on what I've read online.

Sounds good, I'm in with the Rams.

PSN ID: jhi

Sounds good, I'm in with the Rams.

PSN ID: jhi

Got you added. I'll add you on PSN closer to Madden release. :dunno:

I might not get the game for a couple days but i would love to be in...what do i need to do? I have a ps3 and cable internet connection, ive played madden since the nintendo 64 days. Ive won and lost lots of money, but its always been great. I thought i was the only geek here with madden

So we all have a different team and we play others in a full season?

Can you explain a little more?

My email is yguy@tmail.com if you need to get a hold of me, other than this board.

Thanks for setting this up.

I might not get the game for a couple days but i would love to be in...what do i need to do? I have a ps3 and cable internet connection, ive played madden since the nintendo 64 days. Ive won and lost lots of money, but its always been great. I thought i was the only geek here with madden

So we all have a different team and we play others in a full season?

Can you explain a little more?

My email is yguy@tmail.com if you need to get a hold of me, other than this board.

Thanks for setting this up.

This is the first year they've had online leagues, so it's basically a learning thing for all of us, but from what I gather, you just set up the league with all the owners and an assigned team and the computer generates a schedule where we all play each other and then the team with the best record wins it, I guess. We'll just sort of play it by ear and figure out how it works.

to set up, either connect your PS3 to the internet wirelessly or by using an ethernet cable (I suggest this, it lags less) and then just set up your Playstation Network account (doesn't take long, and it's pretty self explanatory) and then there will probably be a few downloadable updates your PS3 will install so you can play online. Any questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to help ya out.

We likely won't start immediately, so if you're gonna wait 3-4 days to pick it up, no hurry. It'll give everyone time to play and get a feel for the new game and stuff.

What remaining team would you like? I'll add you to the list. :)

This is the first year they've had online leagues, so it's basically a learning thing for all of us, but from what I gather, you just set up the league with all the owners and an assigned team and the computer generates a schedule where we all play each other and then the team with the best record wins it, I guess. We'll just sort of play it by ear and figure out how it works.

to set up, either connect your PS3 to the internet wirelessly or by using an ethernet cable (I suggest this, it lags less) and then just set up your Playstation Network account (doesn't take long, and it's pretty self explanatory) and then there will probably be a few downloadable updates your PS3 will install so you can play online. Any questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to help ya out.

We likely won't start immediately, so if you're gonna wait 3-4 days to pick it up, no hurry. It'll give everyone time to play and get a feel for the new game and stuff.

What remaining team would you like? I'll add you to the list. :)

The seahawks are the team i cheer for but it looks like 2 other guys spoke for them. Ill go with the vikings or chargers.

Chargers are my 1 choice

So should i just check in when I get the game?

Maybe leave you email address because will be pretty far down the list

Thanks.

The seahawks are the team i cheer for but it looks like 2 other guys spoke for them. Ill go with the vikings or chargers.

Chargers are my 1 choice

So should i just check in when I get the game?

Maybe leave you email address because will be pretty far down the list

Thanks.

Chargers are yours then. :)

and yeah, just let me know when you get the game or if you need any help setting it all up. Like I said, we'll let everyone have a few days to get the game and get used to it and stuff.

Mike, Can we get this pinned or something? TIA.

When should we get started? How much practice do we need? I don't know how the online franchise works. If we don't find a team, do we play it as a CPU?

For the record... the game is f-ing awesome. You guys are in for a treat.

And also good news... I played online against my buddy... and it ran flawlessly. Hopefully that will continue... but last night there weren't many people playing, so that may change.

I'd be OK starting it a week or so from now. That would give stragglers time to get the game and get signed up online. Just throwing that out there as an idea but I think a week is a good amount of time to practice.

I'd be OK starting it a week or so from now. That would give stragglers time to get the game and get signed up online. Just throwing that out there as an idea but I think a week is a good amount of time to practice.

I thought the exact same thing. Sounds good to me. Everyone that's on the list or that plans on joining just check in this thread when you get the game.

also, it does run seamlessly. Thank God, nothing was worse last year than playing the idiot that just threw screen passes to Steve Smith and scored because it lagged. Any glitchers get an automatic loss. Don't want this to be about who's the best cheater, otherwise we'd just hand edjr the title and let him quit now. :(

For the record... the game is f-ing awesome. You guys are in for a treat.

And also good news... I played online against my buddy... and it ran flawlessly. Hopefully that will continue... but last night there weren't many people playing, so that may change.

What did you do?

go to the store at midnight, go home and play with your friend? online of course.

I thought the exact same thing. Sounds good to me. Everyone that's on the list or that plans on joining just check in this thread when you get the game.

also, it does run seamlessly. Thank God, nothing was worse last year than playing the idiot that just threw screen passes to Steve Smith and scored because it lagged. Any glitchers get an automatic loss. Don't want this to be about who's the best cheater, otherwise we'd just hand edjr the title and let him quit now. B)

Ive always played on the PC, i didn't even cheat then.

I did break many a joystick and keyboard though :(

What did you do?

go to the store at midnight, go home and play with your friend? online of course.

Yep, me and my buddy dorked out at the video game store at midnight... went to our respective homes and played a couple of games. Quick rundown of my first impressions from the game:

Graphics are by far the best ever in a Madden game, or any other football game for that matter.

They spice it up a lot with TV style camera angles, and other stuff (you'll see when you play). Celebrations are fun too.

Tackling (and just about everything else to be honest) is more realistic. And also interesting is you have greater control on breaking tackles now. It's a (just a tad) bit more old school gameplay with new school looks.

Quite simply... the game is freaking awesome, and gaming football fans like us will really enjoy it.

Also, since we are here... there are fantasy football applications that EA released this year. They have league websites, that you can use for a live draft (through your PS3) if you want. I believe when you select a player, it will give video and commentary breakdown of the player.

Also what's interesting is that if you do run your league on EA, you can play with your fantasy team! Also, you can get live scores through your PS3/360 on your TV. And if you are playing Madden on Sundays (or whenever there is a game), you can get your fantasy live scores while in the game or something.

I am interested in all of this. Anyone want to start a league to try this out? I don't want to switch over my main league that I commish without trying it first. In fact, I will start a separate thread for this and see if anyone else is interested. But a fantasy league, corresponding with an online Madden league comprised of the fantasy teams... well that sounds like it would be a lot of fun (not sure if that's how it works though).

Me_2006...

This is your show... but I say no mulligans/do-overs (they call it "rewind" in the game) for the league. That's just lame.

And I just read that there is no playoffs or Superbowl or anything in the online league. Even more lame.

Me_2006...

This is your show... but I say no mulligans/do-overs (they call it "rewind" in the game) for the league. That's just lame.

And I just read that there is no playoffs or Superbowl or anything in the online league. Even more lame.

Nah, not my show. I just took the initiative in setting this up. We'll discuss rules and stuff, but I agree, no rewinds. I also think no injuries, as I'd hate for a game to be decided on something like that.

Yep, me and my buddy dorked out at the video game store at midnight... went to our respective homes and played a couple of games. Quick rundown of my first impressions from the game:

Graphics are by far the best ever in a Madden game, or any other football game for that matter.

They spice it up a lot with TV style camera angles, and other stuff (you'll see when you play). Celebrations are fun too.

Tackling (and just about everything else to be honest) is more realistic. And also interesting is you have greater control on breaking tackles now. It's a (just a tad) bit more old school gameplay with new school looks.

Quite simply... the game is freaking awesome, and gaming football fans like us will really enjoy it.

Also, since we are here... there are fantasy football applications that EA released this year. They have league websites, that you can use for a live draft (through your PS3) if you want. I believe when you select a player, it will give video and commentary breakdown of the player.

Also what's interesting is that if you do run your league on EA, you can play with your fantasy team! Also, you can get live scores through your PS3/360 on your TV. And if you are playing Madden on Sundays (or whenever there is a game), you can get your fantasy live scores while in the game or something.

I am interested in all of this. Anyone want to start a league to try this out? I don't want to switch over my main league that I commish without trying it first. In fact, I will start a separate thread for this and see if anyone else is interested. But a fantasy league, corresponding with an online Madden league comprised of the fantasy teams... well that sounds like it would be a lot of fun (not sure if that's how it works though).

Me_2006...

you mean no playoffs of superbowl if you run your fantasy league online, or if you run a madden league online?

Me_2006...

I agree with the no mulligans option (I am sure it is available as a league option. Also, we could just use the online league as a regular season and form our own playoff bracket from there.

I agree with the no mulligans option (I am sure it is available as a league option. Also, we could just use the online league as a regular season and form our own playoff bracket from there.

Right, won't be that hard to do. even if a CPU makes it, we can still do it.

you know what would truly be awesome?

if there was a way you could play a game and broadcast it on the net for others to watch.

I can do it with a webcam, but there needs to be an option right from the game. :wacko:

you mean no playoffs of superbowl if you run your fantasy league online, or if you run a madden league online?

Madden league's online doesn't have playoffs.

I would certainly suspect that their fantasy service has playoffs... but I don't know, which is why I would like to try it

Right, won't be that hard to do. even if a CPU makes it, we can still do it.

you know what would truly be awesome?

if there was a way you could play a game and broadcast it on the net for others to watch.

I can do it with a webcam, but there needs to be an option right from the game. :wacko:

That would be focking awesome. :(

That would be focking awesome. :wacko:

I always think of the good stuff.

If I make the playoffs, I could set up my games to be viewed, but that's cause I'm an IT nerd.