Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

O'Sullivan starting in SF

J.T. O'Sullivan "seems to be taking command" of the 49ers' starting QB job, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Typical Mike Martz. JTO is Martz's guy and knows the offense best after the two spent a year together in Detroit. He doesn't offer near the skill set of Alex Smith, but physical ability isn't necessarily a priority for Martz when choosing a QB. O'Sullivan hasn't overwhelmed in the preseason or in practices, so he isn't locked in. But if the season began today, he'd start. O'Sullivan has taken the first-team snaps in four straight practices and the exhibition opener.

The Niners have some nice fantasy options in Gore, Bruce, Johnson and Davis. If O'Sullivan can deliver, he could be a nice back-up/sleeper this year. It appears Alex Smith' days in SF will be coming to an end sooner than later?!

The Niners have some nice fantasy options in Gore, Bruce, Johnson and Davis. If O'Sullivan can deliver, he could be a nice back-up/sleeper this year. It appears Alex Smith' days in SF will be coming to an end sooner than later?!

At this point, the niners (and the Bears too for that matter) should just petition the leage for permission to start a JUGS machine at qb. If the niners aren't careful, they are going to get sued by the Special Olympics for trademark infringement over this three way "Qb competition." They should just start the hottest cheerleader they have, topless. At least that would give someone a reason to watch 49ers games.

He is gonna get the crap knocked out of him. :music_guitarred:

:overhead:

At this point, the niners (and the Bears too for that matter) should just petition the leage for permission to start a JUGS machine at qb. If the niners aren't careful, they are going to get sued by the Special Olympics for trademark infringement over this three way "Qb competition." They should just start the hottest cheerleader they have, topless. At least that would give someone a reason to watch 49ers games.

QFT

I don't think O'Sullivan can be any worse than Smith, and since he knows Martz's system he could actually be quite a bit better. Martz made Kitna into a valuable fantasy QB for a couple of years, and Kitna is at best an average NFL QB. O'Sullivan's been around for a while and might actually get that offence moving. He doesn't have the physical skills of Smith, but maybe he's got the brains needed to guide that offence. With Gore around, he doesn't need to be Peyton Manning. Just do enough to move the chains and not turn it over. Hopefully Martz can rein in his crazy passing offence and take advantage of the weapons the team has in Gore and [insert name here], and not ask too much of the QB.

He is gonna get the crap knocked out of him. :(

if the seahawks finish below a team with jt osullivan at the helm, they wil get kicked out of the nfl...

This man could be a HUGE sleeper - keep in mind tonight he was not playing with his starting wideouts and went 6-7 with a TD and 100+ yards against a once thought good bears 1st string D... He looked quick throwing the ball, Martz has always said he can sidestep the rush, ans sh!t Marz made a grocerey bagger the superbowl MVP...

Not to mention he has VDAVIS, Bryant, Bruce and Battle as possesion wideouts and young, fast and generally good looking rookies/1st year wideoutw with with Morgan and Hill and that y or z dude lol... Ashly lelie too to stretch the field....might be fun to watch.

Also the D is is good/great and they have GORE so there should be 8 in the box for the first couple of games....

I'm not taking a QB till the 10th lol and he could be my second. There is only upside!

:headbanger:

(homer)

Recently disgusted about the QB situation in SF I said in a post it didn't matter which of Larry, Moe or Curly was behind center. Well, as the stooges leader, it looks as though Moe's in control at least for now. Given Moe's(o'Sullivan) recent camp and play looks like he'll be Martz' opening day QB even with all the money paid and #1 pick Alex Smith. Hated the pick when they made it so hopefully they'll at least keep him around to hold the clipboard and maybe take a few snaps. O'Sullivan's 29 I believe so if he keeps developing under Martz he could be the Niners QB for a few years. They better however look into their crystal ball, keep the Yorks away from it, and search for a QB post O'Sullivan. Looks like they got the Smith decision wrong so they better not muck up the next one. I'm in favor too of getting rid of ###### Nolan as the head coach. If Martz has any kind of decent play out of the previous forgetable niner offense they should and probably will hand him the head coach job. I know some of the O's starters are injured right now but it seems once they're helathy there may be a glimmer of hope for San Francisco to put some points on the board and win some ball games. I've never given up hope or lost faith in the Niners I just have thought they needed to make some drastic changes if they wanted to turn this thing around. Still, my first order of business would be to fire the YORKS!!! We need an owner who's football minded and more interested in that than the money. Sure, you got to make the money but the 49ers deserve a first-class football minded owner. Once that happens there may be ray of hope of getting that elusive #6 Superbowl Ring down the road. Oh, it'll happen . Just when we'll have to wait and see.

I would expect that it is more likely that O'Sullivan plays, gets hurt and then Smith comes in. He gets hurt and then Hill comes in. Repeat, rinse. Martz is not going to protect the QB.

Well first of all the OLINE isn't too bad - I can see some screens and delays etc. to help too.

Also - Should O'Sullivan stay in the game for 4 weeks and get hurt, Alex Smith will earn some of that 24 million...

Here's why: Once again his college coach said he was f-ing sh!T unless he knew EVERYTHING about the offense...with 4 diff coordinators in 4 years he has yet to do this...Once he does ( as Turner was showing ) he will be a studish player...

And should they both get hurt, their 3rd only has a 100+ QB rating with three games last year and only Gore for a weapon..

Anyone (assuming Smith gets the playbook etc) will take the Niners to 9-7 or 10-6 record! In two years, you will see 3 QB's like Montana, Young and Bono ( well you get the idea lol )

Many sleepers here.... (homer)