Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Chris Johnson

Titans new weapon

The Titans were roundly criticized for not drafting a potential big play receiver in the first round, but their selection of running back Chris Johnson looks as if it will pay big dividends this season. The 5'11, 200-pound speedster from East Carolina has been dazzling during training camp, and his preseason debut was nothing short of spectacular.

Johnson rushed for 77 yards on six carries, including a 66-yard touchdown run, and added another reception for 13 yards against the Rams. Scout are raving about his big play ability.

"He has the ability to change the complexion of the game whenever he touches the ball," said an NFC scout. "As a runner, receiver or returner, he is capable of making special things happen from anywhere on the field."

Last season, the Titans only produced 47 plays over 20 yards and ranked 21st in scoring (18.8). But Johnson's speed and explosiveness gives them a chance to improve on those sub-par numbers.

Although Johnson's speed and versatility makes it tempting to use him as a multi-positional weapon, the Titans have immediate plans to use him in the backfield. "I am just looking at him as a tailback," Titans' offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger told The Tennessean. "What we do outside of turning and handing him the ball is a bonus."

With Johnson receiving 15-20 touches a game, expect the Titans' offense to be far more explosive than last season.

Link :overhead:

15-20 touches a game? That seems pretty high. I guess I could see him taking over as starter, but it's pretty unlikely. Fisher still wants his pile-mover, and Johnson ain't that. But the more I read about this guy the more I like him. He's moved up my board.

I think the same thing was said about Jerious Norwood, and right now, I would maybe expect Johnson to maybe reach Norwood's production last year. If he does get 15-20 touches, though, then he could make some noise. He's definately becoming an intriguing pick, though.

I wish you guys would just let it go on this kid...he's nothing special.

:rolleyes:

Cjohnson > Forte

Keep in mind the titans run the ball a TON. there will be enough carries per game for LenDale to get his 25 and Cjohnson to get his 15-20 touches - rushing, receiving, and punt returns.

Forte won't average more than 4.0 YPC.

Cjohson should average 5-10 yard per touch.

200 touches? 1000+ combined yards.

I would take Cjohnson as my RB5. in my league we start 2 plus a flex, so i'm talking about a 2nd backup.

the kid sucks, we should just stop talking about him!

:doh:

So basically everyone now thinks this guy is better than Reggie Bush is being he is even smaller than Bush. And before many people talked about Bush being a combination of Sayers and Faulk. Jerious Norwood looked great in preseason and even regular season games but obviously three different head coaches did not believe he can carry it every down and I don't see any difference between the two of them as far as their skill sets.

who would you guys prefer...this kid or forte?

Got um both! Forte as RB4 and Johnson as RB5 behind LT2, B Jacobs and T Jones! Gonna be a gooood season!

So basically everyone now thinks this guy is better than Reggie Bush is being he is even smaller than Bush. And before many people talked about Bush being a combination of Sayers and Faulk. Jerious Norwood looked great in preseason and even regular season games but obviously three different head coaches did not believe he can carry it every down and I don't see any difference between the two of them as far as their skill sets.

Actually, no one said he was better than Reggie Bush. I think you might have confused yourself when you read 'Matt Forte' and thought 'Reggie Bush.'

Secondly, from nfl.com:

Reggie Bush: 6-0, 203

Chris Johnson: 5-11, 200. (from combine)

barely any difference, and johnson has been working out during the entire offseason. he did not look that small against the rams.

Finally, difference between Jerious Norwood and Chris Johnson is as simple as the tennessee o-line and the Atlanta o-line. specifically, rushes per game and yard per carry.

I think that makes you wrong on just about every single thing you said.

Finally, difference between Jerious Norwood and Chris Johnson is as simple as the tennessee o-line and the Atlanta o-line. specifically, rushes per game and yard per carry.

norwood averaged 6.0 yards per carry last year

Actually, no one said he was better than Reggie Bush. I think you might have confused yourself when you read 'Matt Forte' and thought 'Reggie Bush.'

Secondly, from nfl.com:

barely any difference, and johnson has been working out during the entire offseason. he did not look that small against the rams.

haha good stuff.

Secondly, from nfl.com:

If Johnson did everything Brooks said, he would be better than Bush. If he did the things some posters said in the Lendale thread, than they believe he will be better also.

Tennessee lost both Bell and Olsen in the offseason and the Titans have the worst receivers in the league other than maybe the Bears. Bush had a far, far better college career than Johnson. He had the nice senior season but was pedestrian according to his stats his first three years. Your point on their respective lines actually makes Norwoods stats look really really good.

The bottom line is he very well could be a Bush-type although he certainly doesn't have Bush's receiving skills but I don't think I am going out on a limb saying his chances of being a workhorse back aren't good.

Everything I posted there I believe is very true. Go back after Johnson's junior season and try and find any sort of pro hype on the guy. You can't because it doesn't exist. His combine 40 time boosted the guy up just like Troy Williamson who I really wish I could forget.