Sign in to follow this  
TD Ryan2

The things I think I think

I think some of last year's overhyped players are now this year's underhyped players:

Chris Chambers - was a late 2nd rounder last year (after being a FFball God to end the previous year) and now you can get him in the 6th round.

Larry Johnson - once a top 3 is now going late first, early second. Small price to pay for a young, talented RB that isn't in any RBBC

I'd love LJ in the 2nd round.

I'm sure there are more players I could put in this category.

I think "old" WRs are always overlooked:

Marvin Harrison in the 5th round is a steal. He's a HOF WR with a HOF QB in a top offense in the NFL.

D Mason in the 9th is a steal.

I Bruce in the 87th round is a great bye week fill in especially since he's back with Martz.

I think that Santana Moss will have a great year

Zorns offense fits S Moss. Moss will be a good #2, great #3 fantasy WR this year.

I think DeAngelo Williams will be the catalyst for a "3rd year RB" theory.

the most important thing about DW is that in his third year, coaches are calling him a leader on the team; he's matured. He's looking great in pre-season. DWill may or may not become a great NFL RB, but he'll get plenty of opportunity in CAR this year and has both big-play and pass catching ability. I'll gladly take him in the 7th round.

I think there's another RB who may not be a great NFL RB but can still be a great fantasy RB

Reggie Bush. Gets lots of touches. Racks up yardage and catches. Step one to scoring fantasy points in ensuring that your guy gets the ball a lot. Reggie will.

I think there are a lot of TEs to draft this year

Heath Miller, Owen Daniels, and Tony Scheffler finished 7, 8, and 10 last year but they're still around in the 11th (and later) rounds.

I think Lamont Jordan is the best all around RB on NE

He gets a "B" in all facets of the game (run, catch, block, inside run, outside run, health). The other NE RBs have talents, but none as well rounded as Jordan. I'll gladly take Lamont in the 11th or 12rdn and wait for him to get starting time.

I think I may take a flier on ARI Defense

they were the #4 fantasy defense last year (FFtoday standard scoring) and they play SFx2, STLx2, SEAx2, and MIA. That's 7 games against the most anemic offenses in the NFL. Maybe worth a last round pick (but beware the late season NE game).

I think both David Garrard and Reggie Williams are underrated

Williams had 10TDs last year in a messy WR situation and he's going in the 11th round.

Garrard only played in 12 games in the middle of QB turmoil in JAX last year.

With a full season as starters and the QB/WR mess cleaned up, both Garrard and Williams could put up nice numbers on a playoff caliber team.

I think some of last year's overhyped players are now this year's underhyped players:

Chris Chambers - was a late 2nd rounder last year (after being a FFball God to end the previous year) and now you can get him in the 6th round.

Larry Johnson - once a top 3 is now going late first, early second. Small price to pay for a young, talented RB that isn't in any RBBC

I'd love LJ in the 2nd round.

I'm sure there are more players I could put in this category.

I think "old" WRs are always overlooked:

Marvin Harrison in the 5th round is a steal. He's a HOF WR with a HOF QB in a top offense in the NFL.

D Mason in the 9th is a steal.

I Bruce in the 87th round is a great bye week fill in especially since he's back with Martz.

I think that Santana Moss will have a great year

Zorns offense fits S Moss. Moss will be a good #2, great #3 fantasy WR this year.

the most important thing about DW is that in his third year, coaches are calling him a leader on the team; he's matured. He's looking great in pre-season. DWill may or may not become a great NFL RB, but he'll get plenty of opportunity in CAR this year and has both big-play and pass catching ability. I'll gladly take him in the 7th round.

I think there's another RB who may not be a great NFL RB but can still be a great fantasy RB

Reggie Bush. Gets lots of touches. Racks up yardage and catches. Step one to scoring fantasy points in ensuring that your guy gets the ball a lot. Reggie will.

I think there are a lot of TEs to draft this year

Heath Miller, Owen Daniels, and Tony Scheffler finished 7, 8, and 10 last year but they're still around in the 11th (and later) rounds.

I think Lamont Jordan is the best all around RB on NE

He gets a "B" in all facets of the game (run, catch, block, inside run, outside run, health). The other NE RBs have talents, but none as well rounded as Jordan. I'll gladly take Lamont in the 11th or 12rdn and wait for him to get starting time.

I think I may take a flier on ARI Defense

they were the #4 fantasy defense last year (FFtoday standard scoring) and they play SFx2, STLx2, SEAx2, and MIA. That's 7 games against the most anemic offenses in the NFL. Maybe worth a last round pick (but beware the late season NE game).

I think both David Garrard and Reggie Williams are underrated

Williams had 10TDs last year in a messy WR situation and he's going in the 11th round.

Garrard only played in 12 games in the middle of QB turmoil in JAX last year.

With a full season as starters and the QB/WR mess cleaned up, both Garrard and Williams could put up nice numbers on a playoff caliber team.

good post.

somewhat agree on S. Moss, assuming his hammy stays healthy. El could be a good pick late as well. Thomas and Kelly are clearly at least a yr. away and neither has practiced much, so they are even further behind. Behind Moss and El is Thrash, so Moss and El figure to benefit from the new Off., which appears to be pass first so far in pre-season.

Lj and Ike Bruce are good values where they are going as well.

:doublethumbsup:

I think you need to quit posting all this brillance before my league mates read it. :doublethumbsup:

:cheers: Rule #1 of FFToday: do NOT talk about FFToday with your leaguemates.

Also, I think that Ted Ginn could be fantastic with Pennington in MIA.

and they play SFx2, STLx2, SEAx2, and MIA. That's 7 games against the most anemic offenses in the NFL.

When did Seattle become an anemic offensive team?

When did Seattle become an anemic offensive team?

I agree that's an overstatement, but you have to agree they've declined in the last few years from the offensive powerhouse they once were. Maurice Morris at starting RB, Taylor and Burleson at WR, and Carlson (?) at TE don't exactly inspire fear in defensive co-ordinators.

I'm not sure I agree about Moss. I always read that west-coast offences favour large receivers than can out-muscle defenders for the ball. That hardly sounds like Moss. I thought that was why they drafted Thomas and Kelly.

I agree that's an overstatement, but you have to agree they've declined in the last few years from the offensive powerhouse they once were. Maurice Morris at starting RB, Taylor and Burleson at WR, and Carlson (?) at TE don't exactly inspire fear in defensive co-ordinators.

There has been a perception of decline. Hasselbeck overcomes a lot of those peceived flaws. Alexander wasn't doing much the last two years, so the running game figures to upgrade, as I really like the committee with Morris, Jones and Duckett. Seattle hasn't had healthy WRs in 4 years, so this year is no different. Still, they score points. Meh, whatever.

Seattle is more driven by their defense nowadays, so I can see where the offense is perceived as much worse.

Nice Post I agree with all of it :blink: On a team note the Giants look like they could win the superbowl and the Browns look like,, well the Browns ;)

Agree with much of what you said, and have looked to target many of these guys later on, but when was Chambers a late 2nd rounder...ever? :blink:

Agree with much of what you said, and have looked to target many of these guys later on, but when was Chambers a late 2nd rounder...ever? :doublethumbsup:

oops... not last year, but he was once being drafted at the 2/3 turn.

in the 2006 preseason, Chambers' ADP was anywhere from late 2nd to late 3rd.

He was in the mix with likes of TO, Wayne, Boldin, Roy Williams, and Hines Ward.

It was an overreaction to his amazing finish the previous year.

Remember, Chambers was coming off of his 1100 yard, 12 TD season where he was arguably the most valuable fantasy player in the second half (finished his last 5 games as the #1 WR with 37/519/6tds).

mid season bump.

Chambers: was red hot early but slowed by injury

Larry Johnson: wow. what a dumass (me and him)

Mason/Harrison/Bruce - Bruce has been great. Mason still a decent PPR. Harrison's only had one impact game.

Santana Moss - BAM! fantasy gold.

DeAngelo - not bad at all. Certainly a startable #2 RB and may get better in the second half

Reggie Bush - man, he was top 3 until the injury.

Late TEs - TRUE. there was no need to draft the elite TEs (Witten, Gates, Winslow), there was plenty to be had late.

Lamont Jordan - I wasn't sure on Sammy Morris's health in the pre-season. Jordan may yet play a role for NE. What was clear was that Maroney wasn't the answer and whoever the healthy RB was would benefit. I was a big advocate of taking both Morris and Jordan late.

ARI defense: middle of the pack... somewhere between 10th and 16th (depending on your scoring). Giving up 56 against the Jets kinda' skews their numbers a bit. Overall, I'm not disappointed with them as a last round pick.

Garrard/Williams: I was wrong on the whole JAX offense (including MJD). I'm still waiting for them to break out and it's killing me.

There has been a perception of decline. Hasselbeck overcomes a lot of those peceived flaws. Alexander wasn't doing much the last two years, so the running game figures to upgrade, as I really like the committee with Morris, Jones and Duckett. Seattle hasn't had healthy WRs in 4 years, so this year is no different. Still, they score points. Meh, whatever.

Seattle is more driven by their defense nowadays, so I can see where the offense is perceived as much worse.

Nice job, stupid.

Nice job, stupid.

happens man.

don't go hanging yourself (or any nearby babies).

- this message brought to you by an '08 Hasselbeck owner. :music_guitarred:

:overhead: :overhead:

Why didn't I see this when it was originally posted? Jeebus, good calls. Isn't it good enough to always be right on the Geek bored without bringing it over here? :overhead:

Why didn't I see this when it was originally posted? Jeebus, good calls. Isn't it good enough to always be right on the Geek bored without bringing it over here? :banana:

I missed on the JAX players.

and I missed on L Jordan, but the main idea there was that Maroney wasn't the answer and at that point in Aug, we didn't know how healthy Sammy Morris was from the chest/sternum injury.

but overall, I drafted according to a lot of what I posted here and it's working out well for me this year.

I feel like the Soilost. :thumbsdown:

:cry: :shocking:

1. Chris Chambers - big miss

2. Larry Johnson - played below his ADP, miss

3. Marvin Harrison in the 5th round is a steal - miss

4. D Mason in the 9th is a steal - has played at least to his draft spot...hit.

5. I Bruce - hit

6. I think that Santana Moss will have a great year - hit

7. I think DeAngelo Williams will be the catalyst for a "3rd year RB" theory - hit, sort of. there is no 3rd year RB theory, nor will there be, but he's been awesome.

8. Reggie Bush - push

9. Heath Miller, Owen Daniels, and Tony Scheffler - push. Only Daniels had exceeded expectations

10. Lamont Jordan - miss. And to point out the obvious, you don't mention Maroney anywhere in there. Sammy Morris is their best back.

11. I think I may take a flier on ARI Defense - hit.

12. I think both David Garrard and Reggie Williams are underrated - double miss.

There's my grade of your predictions...you get props for DeAngelo, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.