Sign in to follow this  
Da_Bears

With Rudi In The Backfield

Looking at FF Today's RB Projections that were posted on Thursday, they have ranked Kevin Smith pretty high. Do they really believe he will carry the rock 27 times and Rudi only 3 times? Others are saying Rudi will be getting a fair share of carries. I can't believe FFT really thinks Rudi will only carry 3 times, so what is everyone's ideas of the true splits for these two?

I'm doing the projections/rankings update now and will adjust those numbers.... probably 26/4. B)

Whew, that's alittle more realistic.

Thanks Mike.

With Rudi's injury problems and being so new to the offence, I wouldn't be surprised if Smith got 80% of the carries this week. After this week, who knows?

Agree...about 80/20 split.

For this week, it would seem the question is how many of his limited carries will be used towards the goal

line. Liked the match up earlier in the week, but now a bit less comfortable with the vulture potential.

I think Kevin gets most of the carries this week. How often does a new RB coming to town, get even half? Let's be honest, Rudi has to prove himself and also has to at least learn the play book and become fimilar with his new line, new QB. All this takes a lot of time and Smith already has that.

Rudi will get 5-6 carries, if that. Remember, this is the same Rudi Johnson that spent most of last year with an injured hamstring and couldn't get on the field during the preseason for the same reason. Just because he's in a new uniform doesn't mean the clock has been turned back 3 years.

Not to mention, that he's had, what, a week in this offense?

As far as I'm concerned, Rudi is D-U-N.

I have Rudi and Smith on my team. I benched Grant based on lack of playing time this preseason and facing a tough Minny run D.

I am starting Smith for sure. I think he will get 20-25 carries.

Rudi I have been so close to dumping. He seems to tweek his Hammy just putting on his uniform. I wonder if he can hold up this year.

I like Smith's matchup this week. Atlanta has a weak D line and Detroit figures to be ahead for much of the game, so plenty of carries to go around. I am rolling the dice and starting Smith over McFadden based on the matchup.

I have Rudi and Smith on my team. I benched Grant based on lack of playing time this preseason and facing a tough Minny run D.

I am starting Smith for sure. I think he will get 20-25 carries.

Rudi I have been so close to dumping. He seems to tweek his Hammy just putting on his uniform. I wonder if he can hold up this year.

I like Smith's matchup this week. Atlanta has a weak D line and Detroit figures to be ahead for much of the game, so plenty of carries to go around.

THAT is exactly what I am worried about. I have Calvin Johnson plugged into my flex position over Kevin Smith. I have been debating this decision all week because I think Detroit will get up early and then pound the ball with Smith.

I am hoping Kevin Smith has a great game to boost his trade value.

i see Rudi getting more than 5-6 carries..

1) he's not on the injury report

2) he's worked with Kitna in Cinci

3) he's a vet and should pick up the terminology quickly

4) they wanna see what he has, esp. vs a weak ATL defense

5) Signed 24hrs after his release

:thumbsdown:

i may roll the dice in week 1 with rudi b/c his whole situation as been odd since training camp.. and his only concern was being ready for week 1. i could careless about preseason since more than half of the RBs didnt play anyway..

please talk me out of it!