Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

Commish Needs Help..

fellas...we are in a yahoo custom league and the commish is having trouble making a scoring correction with one of the teams.

Minn Def gave up 17pts.. but is docked for 24pts. How can he make the change? Instead of Minn def should have 9pts not 4.. any help would be work...

Thanks

Points the offense lets up goes against the defense. That's just how it works.

He'll be making these changes every week, because it happens every week.

HTH

oh geez

once a team has a turnover, the offensive players are on defense...and it's team defense, isnt it?

your league is asking to open up a real can of worms

"well that shouldn't count against my D...the QB turned the ball over at his own 1 yard line and the next play, they scored !"

oh geez

once a team has a turnover, the offensive players are on defense...and it's team defense, isnt it?

your league is asking to open up a real can of worms

"well that shouldn't count against my D...the QB turned the ball over at his own 1 yard line and the next play, they scored !"

We make these kind of corrections in my league and haven't had many problems with it. Admittedly, we use a system where a DST unit scores -1 pt per point allowed so we think it's necessary. We generally just count on owners to notify the commish, by Tuesday. THe commish then makes the changes manually after checking official boxes. We don't use Yahoo however so no advice for the OP.

fellas...we are in a yahoo custom league and the commish is having trouble making a scoring correction with one of the teams.

Minn Def gave up 17pts.. but is docked for 24pts. How can he make the change? Instead of Minn def should have 9pts not 4.. any help would be work...

Thanks

Interesting timing for your question. We were discussing this literally today in our league's bulliten board. My understanding (as commish) was that turnover TD's counted in the totals. I was corrected by one of my league members who posted this link: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/football/...ootball-75.html

Please Note: Points scored against the team's offensive unit (e.g., interception and fumble returns for TDs, FG blocks returned for Touchdowns, and safeties) are not counted in the Points Allowed category.

I couldn't see in the points settings anywhere to change the option.

As stated, they already don't count points scored against the offense. However, the TD you are probably referring to was scored on special teams, not against the offense, which Yahoo does count against the defense.

Scoring Summary MIN - GB

1st Quarter

NONE 0 - 0

2nd Quarter

13:35 MIN FG Ryan Longwell kicked a 37-yard field goal 3 - 0

10:07 GB TD Aaron Rodgers passed to Korey Hall down the middle for 1 yard gain (Mason Crosby made PAT) 3 - 7

3:21 GB FG Mason Crosby kicked a 42-yard field goal 3 - 10

3rd Quarter

10:52 MIN FG Ryan Longwell kicked a 27-yard field goal 6 - 10

6:35 GB TD Chris Kluwe punt. Will Blackmon returned punt for 76 yards (Mason Crosby made PAT) 6 - 17

4th Quarter

14:12 MIN TD Tarvaris Jackson passed to Sidney Rice to the left for 23 yard gain (2pt attempt failed, Tarvaris Jackson pass to Sidney Rice) 12 - 17

6:03 GB TD Aaron Rodgers rushed to the left for 1 yard gain (Mason Crosby made PAT) 12 - 24

2:39 MIN TD Adrian Peterson rushed to the left for 3 yard gain (Ryan Longwell made PAT) 19 - 24

exactly, you draft a defense/special teams, thats what d/st stands for right? :unsure: points scored against special teams count to total points allowed, up to the league to have turnover TDs by the offense count or not, so many things can be solved by a league vote

17points....24 points....for a Defense ?

You gotta be kindding me....defenses outscoring 1st round selections...this needs to be changed !

17points....24 points....for a Defense ?

You gotta be kindding me....defenses outscoring 1st round selections...this needs to be changed !

Re-read the question. Final score of Min vs. GB was 24-19 in GB's favour. The original poster was saying that their league thought only 17 points should be used in calculations as that's all that was scored against Minny's actual defencive unit. There's no mention of what Minny's D scored in their league. 17 or 24 would indeed be crazy!

ALL points against count, regardless of how they're made. That's how it's been in every league I've ever seen in 10+ years.

ALL points against count, regardless of how they're made. That's how it's been in every league I've ever seen in 10+ years.

As per above, that's apparently not the case at Yahoo: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/football/...ootball-75.html

I thought the same as you until this past Monday when one of the managers in one of my leagues posted that link to correct me.

...There's no mention of what Minny's D scored in their league. 17 or 24 would indeed be crazy!

He actually did mention what Minny's D scored:

"Instead of Minn def should have 9pts not 4".

Agreed as well, 17 or 24 is :thumbsup:

He actually did mention what Minny's D scored:

"Instead of Minn def should have 9pts not 4".

Sorry .. yup. I stand corrected. That's twice this week. I'm not liking this trend... :doublethumbsup: