Sign in to follow this  
bnpuconn

A couple trade offers

due to the recent string of injuries, I've been offered some trade offers and just looking for some feedback advice.

here's the first of 3 offers:

derek anderson

laveranus coles

felix jones

for

brandon marshall

matt cassel

desaun jackson

second:

julius jones

for

eddie royal

third:

julius jones

for

desaun jackson

standard scoring league, 6pts for all TD's, 1 pt for 10 yds rush/rec, 1 pt for 50 yd throwing.

I've got some good WR depth and a bunch of Questions at RB and QB....I don't know whether to hold out for beter offers or take one of these.

what do you guys think?

due to the recent string of injuries, I've been offered some trade offers and just looking for some feedback advice.

derek anderson

laveranus coles

felix jones

for

brandon marshall

matt cassel

desaun jackson

second:

julius jones

for

eddie royal

third:

julius jones

for

desaun jackson

standard scoring league, 6pts for all TD's, 1 pt for 10 yds rush/rec, 1 pt for 50 yd throwing.

I've got some good WR depth and a bunch of Questions at RB and QB....I don't know whether to hold out for beter offers or take one of these.

what do you guys think?

The only one I'd take is the 3rd. Maurice Morris is hurt and Seattle has no receivers. Julius should put up ok numbers almost by default.

if you are worried about your QB and RB, then trade #1 is the only one that gives you something ... a QB (that is ... if you believe the Browns will get their offense back on track). Either way, one no brainer is to drop V.Young and pick up someone ... anyone is better than V.Young unless there are a 1,000 teams and nobody is a free agent. V.Young was terrible, is terrible, and will always be terrible (at lease from a fantasy football perspective). Even his mom dropped him from her FF league.

I would wait. None of these offers seem to significantly improve your team. With the recent injuries I think you can do better.

#1 is a terrible deal - don't give up Brandon for that garbage. Felix will never be anything more than a between the 20s HR threat, even if MB III got hurt, Choice would be the GL back.

#2 or #3 - you might want to hold for now; JJ is not a significant upgrade as the Seattle offense will struggle this year. Smith is going to get 275 touches, so just roll with him and Gore for now.

If Welker drops off one of the two rookies will step up as your WR3; in the unlikely event both stay hot, in a week or three you'll be able to work a better deal.

Your giving up too much in deal one. I would wait if I where you for another week or so.

You can take the gamble on J. Jones if you want, but he has not been anything special so far.

Your giving up too much in deal one. I would wait if I where you for another week or so.

You can take the gamble on J. Jones if you want, but he has not been anything special so far.

With the second deal, I'd hang onto Royal. Sure, it's only one game, but he put on a ROY type of performance, so I'd definitely hang onto him for the time being.

derek anderson

laveranus coles

felix jones

for

brandon marshall

matt cassel

desaun jackson

second:

julius jones

for

eddie royal

third:

julius jones

for

desaun jackson

what do you guys think?

I don't like any really.

JJ though, even with the run game all to himself for now, isn't probably going to be a strong fantasy starter, whereas DJ could be. Though Curtis' recovery is supposedly a bit ahead of schedule he's still a ways off.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323512 -- see mine

Assuming you are the one giving Royal, Jackson, etc. I'm not a big fan of any of them. I would think Royal or Jackson would be worth more than a guy sharing time in Seattle (although it might be his job for the next couple of weeks).

Don't do it unless your desperate. I think you could get more...

First of all, thanks for already answering mine.

I don't see how any of these trades makes your team better. So that being said I would say hold off or target someone of value that you want.

TRADE 1

Derek Anderson is not a big enough upgrade to warrant losing Brandon Marshall. Coles is hurt and still pouting about losing Pennington (go figure on that one) and Felix is a backup.. although if MBIII goes down her could be a stud.

TRADE 2 & 3

I wouldn't want Julius Jones. Since he hasn't separated himself from TJ Duckett or Momo then I'm gonna guess he doesn't fit the Seahawk system for whatever reason.

----

Maybe you can trade DeSean or Royal for Felix Jones straight up? That I would do in a minute.

I suppose it depends on what others need. I wouldn't add anybody unless you can get somebody ranked consistently higher than who you have currently as your starters. I have found the rankings on FFToday.com are very helpful...

GL :headbanger: