Sign in to follow this  
mambokings

J.T. O'Sullivan

O'Sullivan looked really competent today. He was pressured constantly ((sacked 8 times!)), but he kept his composure and made plays all day.

The final game stats give him 20/32 attempts for 321 yards and a touchdown, but if not for the relentless pass rush he would have posted better.

Detroit comes to visit the 49ers in Week 3 and so far the Lions defense has given up nearly 500 yards of total offense in each of its first 2 games.

Guest BernardPollardFan
O'Sullivan looked really competent today. He was pressured constantly ((sacked 8 times!)), but he kept his composure and made plays all day.

The final game stats give him 20/32 attempts for 321 yards and a touchdown, but if not for the relentless pass rush he would have posted better.

Detroit comes to visit the 49ers in Week 3 and so far the Lions defense has given up nearly 500 yards of total offense in each of its first 2 games.

o sht, i would say he's better than a sleeper against detroit. martz should have some extra motivation to have his boys put points on the board, and if anyone knows how many holes are in that D, it's martz.

I was impressed by what I saw from O'Sullivan. Disappointed too, because I had the Seahawks defense, but impressed nonetheless.

He even managed to rush 4 times for 32 yards. The Seahawks were on him all day, but the guy just kept going and fought through it.

weirdest thing tho, i saw some highlights on nfl.com and it showed OSullivan before kickoff sniffing one of those smelly-sticks that they put under a boxer's nose to revive his senses.

This game scares the hell out of me. It's got trap written all over it. I realize that there are going to be people that will jump all over me for saying this, but situations like this pop up every year.

Yes, the Falcons and the Packers ate their lunch, but SF is not some offensive machine that's going to score on just about anybody like the Cowboys/Cards/Colts, etc.

They may end up lighting up the Lions, but games like this pop up every year, and every year there are games when guys are expected to explode based on match-up, and fail miserably. I haven't locked them for 125-150 yards and a TD or two apiece just yet.

I'm going to start both Gore (he's a stud) and VDavis (I don't have any choice anyways), but I will do so hoping for the best and expecting decent, not great numbers.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... :thumbsup:

weirdest thing tho, i saw some highlights on nfl.com and it showed OSullivan before kickoff sniffing one of those smelly-sticks that they put under a boxer's nose to revive his senses.

Not strange at all. It's an ammonia cartridge and hundreds of players use them every week. The cartridges have adrenaline-pumping ammonia that helps players get juiced up for the game. The effect is similar to taking amphetamines. You end up feeling like you can run through a brick wall. It's not illegal though; the inhalant is simply ammonia-based and the cartridges are (safely) used to treat or prevent fainting, but clearly the players are abusing it to gain a performance edge. I remember John Henderson (Jaguars DT) saying once he drinks like 10 Red Bulls before every game. Red Bull is obviously legal, but drinking almost a dozen of them before the game is a similar form of abuse as with the cartridges.

This game scares the hell out of me. It's got trap written all over it. I realize that there are going to be people that will jump all over me for saying this, but situations like this pop up every year.

Yes, the Falcons and the Packers ate their lunch, but SF is not some offensive machine that's going to score on just about anybody like the Cowboys/Cards/Colts, etc.

They may end up lighting up the Lions, but games like this pop up every year, and every year there are games when guys are expected to explode based on match-up, and fail miserably. I haven't locked them for 125-150 yards and a TD or two apiece just yet.

I'm going to start both Gore (he's a stud) and VDavis (I don't have any choice anyways), but I will do so hoping for the best and expecting decent, not great numbers.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... :doublethumbsup:

You're a Cards fan aren't you? One good week vs. the Dolphins doesn't put them up with the Colts.

No, but I am, and believe it or not they have one of the most, if not the most, potent offenses in the league. They have the longest active streak of consecutive games of scoring 20+ points, and since the mid point of last season Warner threw more TD's than Brady did.

Not strange at all. It's an ammonia cartridge and hundreds of players use them every week. The cartridges have adrenaline-pumping ammonia that helps players get juiced up for the game. The effect is similar to taking amphetamines. You end up feeling like you can run through a brick wall. It's not illegal though; the inhalant is simply ammonia-based and the cartridges are (safely) used to treat or prevent fainting, but clearly the players are abusing it to gain a performance edge. I remember John Henderson (Jaguars DT) saying once he drinks like 10 Red Bulls before every game. Red Bull is obviously legal, but drinking almost a dozen of them before the game is a similar form of abuse as with the cartridges.

Are you trying to tell me players go to any means to get an advantage, next you will be telling me nfl players go to illegal means to get an advantage, and i just dont want to hear it :wall:

You're a Cards fan aren't you? One good week vs. the Dolphins doesn't put them up with the Colts.

Uuumm, no. But, they have a very prolific offense going back all the way to mid-season of last year. The stats have been posted all over this bored that support that asertion.

That's a nice try at flaming, tho... :angry:

Hmmmm, the Lions are giving up an average of 41 pts per game and made the Falcons offense look like the Greatest Show on Turf. This one is a no-brainer - I am starting him over Favre.

My fingers betrayed me as I typed in my move. My brain was sending signals to shut down my heart. A voice cam through my TV and said walk into the light. A storm blew in and shut down the power. A fantasy god came to me with the archangel Michael's borrowed sword and stood behind me.

Drop Bulger and add JT Sullivan.

I almost dropped Palmer for JT but I would have been snuffed.

Unfortunately for those who drafted Derek Anderson ( like mwah :wub: )

JT O' Sullivan 2008 = Derek Anderson 2007

Figures to be in a lot of fast, frenetic shootout type games.

I've had that same random thought in passing...then I remembered the SanFran version of Winslow stays in to block more often than not. They have a more complete RB, but no game breaker at wideout. Terrible O-line, whereas Clevland's was pretty stout last year.

Not a great comparison, but when you look at JTO's story (10 teams in 7 years), it's tempting to think this is Kurt Warner and the beginnings of the greatest show on turf. Only problem is, the QB has nowhere near the weapons as the two aforementioned scenarios.

Unfortunately for those who drafted Derek Anderson ( like mwah <_< )

JT O' Sullivan 2008 = Derek Anderson 2007

Figures to be in a lot of fast, frenetic shootout type games.

Hey, I was one of those stupid D. Anderson drafters..........but one of those JT O'Sully waiver grabbers too :shocking:

Heck after drafting D. Anderson and Hass, I'll take 200 yards and a TD every week and be happy.

I picked up J.T. O'Sullivan and then when I saw Derek Anderson get dropped, I used my waiver wire priority to drop JT and pick up DA.

JT is now a free agent in our 10 team league. He remains unclaimed.

Hmmmm, the Lions are giving up an average of 41 pts per game and made the Falcons offense look like the Greatest Show on Turf. This one is a no-brainer - I am starting him over Favre.

Would you start him over Big Ben vs. Eagles?