Sign in to follow this  
harpua3

Roy Williams or DeSean Jackson

Yes, This involves a trade....

Roy is not getting his targets, but I think eventually defenses are going to have to double team CJ, and Roy will see increased production...

DeSean is on fire now, but wat happens when Brown and Curtis come back.... how much will he fall off?

I can't believe you even have to ask. These players shouldn't even be in the same conversation. :unsure: Also, wrong board. :lol:

Weather they BELONG in the same conversation or not is not the question...

The question is which one will score moe fantasy points going forward...

AND YES... I know this is the wrong board but I needed opinions on the fly... its a time sensitive trade... SORRY...for real

Weather they BELONG in the same conversation or not is not the question...

The question is which one will score moe fantasy points going forward...

AND YES... I know this is the wrong board but I needed opinions on the fly... its a time sensitive trade... SORRY...for real

I sort of answered the question with my response. To be more clear, I would say Roy Williams will score more fantasy points than DeSean Jackson going forward.

Oh No.....I'm not trading Roy for DeSean Jackson

Its a multi-player deal and the last player coming over from the other team is either Roy or DeSean... my choice

Guest BernardPollardFan
Oh No.....I'm not trading Roy for DeSean Jackson

Its a multi-player deal and the last player coming over from the other team is either Roy or DeSean... my choice

Roy Williams, for sure.

Deshaun

Roy's on my shoulda, coulda pile right now... along with TJ,Chad,Tory Holt. 2weeks ago it's all Roy, uinderstandably. Now, having Roy done nothing for me yet, I see Deshaun on a team with much more upside- better running game,better O line, better defense, better coaches, better offensive scheme, and oh yeah, Donavan looks about as cool as can be after the last 2 weeks. I live in Philly, but not stuck in standard fanning of teams, not a DMAc lover either but the cat looks cool as hell out there and is getting sick protection. Kevin Curtis comes back and this kid might get better. I love FF, you can pretty much say anything. I'll say Deshaun outscores Roy,Housh, Chad and Tory Holt. And probably 10 other guys who are among the WR holy. I wouldn't have said that 6 days ago. And I'm not gonna wait for 50 guys on this bored to tell me what happened already. Live a little, trade Roy for DJax straight up... be the whiz kid- you cant lose your house for the blunder. And let's face it, Roy isn't exactly headed for the top 15 at this point... tied for 30th with David Patten.

I mean if you want to go with Roy, you're essentially hitching your wagon to Kitna and the package, and hoping the Mega kid doesn't keep the current trend alive by making Roy look like an also ran so far. I know dudes say blah blah blah, :overhead: soon teams will be rolling coverage to Calvin leaving Roy... whatever dude. If you want to wait around for shice to happen in fantasy, say another 2 weeks, before you notice, "hey, somethings going on here" then feel free to be 27th in line. God bless ya if you're gonna wait for any Bengal to live up to 18 days ago expectations too. Rams and Jags skill guys? no thanks either. Time to move on. the autumn moon lights my way!@

Guest BernardPollardFan
Deshaun

Roy's on my shoulda, coulda pile right now... along with TJ,Chad,Tory Holt. 2weeks ago it's all Roy, uinderstandably. Now, having Roy done nothing for me yet, I see Deshaun on a team with much more upside- better running game,better O line, better defense, better coaches, better offensive scheme, and oh yeah, Donavan looks about as cool as can be after the last 2 weeks. I live in Philly, but not stuck in standard fanning of teams, not a DMAc lover either but the cat looks cool as hell out there and is getting sick protection. Kevin Curtis comes back and this kid might get better. I love FF, you can pretty much say anything. I'll say Deshaun outscores Roy,Housh, Chad and Tory Holt. And probably 10 other guys who are among the WR holy. I wouldn't have said that 6 days ago. And I'm not gonna wait for 50 guys on this bored to tell me what happened already. Live a little, trade Roy for DJax straight up... be the whiz kid- you cant lose your house for the blunder. And let's face it, Roy isn't exactly headed for the top 15 at this point... tied for 30th with David Patten.

I mean if you want to go with Roy, you're essentially hitching your wagon to Kitna and the package, and hoping the Mega kid doesn't keep the current trend alive by making Roy look like an also ran so far. I know dudes say blah blah blah, :blink: soon teams will be rolling coverage to Calvin leaving Roy... whatever dude. If you want to wait around for shice to happen in fantasy, say another 2 weeks, before you notice, "hey, somethings going on here" then feel free to be 27th in line. God bless ya if you're gonna wait for any Bengal to live up to 18 days ago expectations too. Rams and Jags skill guys? no thanks either. Time to move on. the autumn moon lights my way!@

I stopped reading after 'Deshaun'

It's DeSean, moraun.

thx four the spell check 'Burnie'. Couple hundred posts and you're bored speller dude, how 'bout some HTFthou insights as to why Roy Williams is gonna be so GD good this year. MAybe I can get to 1000 posts just typin shhiittake

Guest BernardPollardFan
thx four the spell check 'Burnie'. Couple hundred posts and you're bored speller dude, how 'bout some HTFthou insights as to why Roy Williams is gonna be so GD good this year. MAybe I can get to 1000 posts just typin shhiittake

There's another thread on this board where i explain why I think Roy will produce. You're so smart, why don't you go find it.

Deshaun

I mean if you want to go with Roy, you're essentially hitching your wagon to Kitna and the package, and hoping the Mega kid doesn't keep the current trend alive by making Roy look like an also ran so far. I know dudes say blah blah blah, :overhead: soon teams will be rolling coverage to Calvin leaving Roy... whatever dude. If you want to wait around for shice to happen in fantasy, say another 2 weeks, before you notice, "hey, somethings going on here" then feel free to be 27th in line. God bless ya if you're gonna wait for any Bengal to live up to 18 days ago expectations too. Rams and Jags skill guys? no thanks either. Time to move on. the autumn moon lights my way!@

Can you talk friggin english???!!!!

Guest BernardPollardFan
DeSean will put up better fantasy numbers than Roy!!! Its Calvin's time to shine

Great reasoning.

Calvin playing well can't be a bad thing for Roy Williams, don't you realize that?

Calvin is 1 point off the lead at WR... and Roy is 30th. Calvin IS playing well, and Roy doesn't seem to be flowering yet. Sky's the limit for production possibilities in Detroit with the shift in technology this year? But how does Roy become the 15th best WR in the league starting this week? New to the site, couldn't find your Roy thread BPFan... only an Obama jab and a wondering if McFadden is going to be any good.

Guest BernardPollardFan
Calvin is 1 point off the lead at WR... and Roy is 30th. Calvin IS playing well, and Roy doesn't seem to be flowering yet. Sky's the limit for production possibilities in Detroit with the shift in technology this year? But how does Roy become the 15th best WR in the league starting this week? New to the site, couldn't find your Roy thread BPFan... only an Obama jab and a wondering if McFadden is going to be any good.

I never took any Obama jabs.

I didn't make the thread, but since you're having trouble, I'll track it down for you.

Thanks for the link. I now remember reading most of it before. I actually seemed to reference your comments- ironically enough-within my original point, which you stopped reading after Dshauwkn.

Anyway, I love Roy as a talent and your reasoning is coherent. Hell, if Roy woulda gone to Philly this season the original thread might have asked "Is Roy Williams going to outshoot Randy Moss this year"? But alas, he's catching Kitna balls... some will be good. My point was Philly is a MUCH better team and the rookie seems up to the task of playing in the NFL. So to make the kids question out as laughable, which seemed to be the reaction it was drawing, was at the very least up for real discussion. Rather than a simplification of 'Roy Williams without question."

Sorry about the Obama thing, I don't even know where that came from... just trying to sell copy. BFF XOXO

Jackson is gonna be just like steve smith!! Bank on that! The lions are terrible! Calvin is the only wideout on that team I WANT on my fantasy team

Someone’s crying, Lord, kumbaya

O Lord, kumbaya

I have Roy and have been dissapointed so far, but there are two things I like:

A. The Lions defense SUCKS the hog and they will likely be playing catchup all year long. I like WRs with crappy defenses.

B. Calvin is turning into a beast but Roy is still an outstanding WR. I didn't mind having the #2 WR in Cincinnati a couple years ago when I won the title.

Guest BernardPollardFan
Thanks for the link. I now remember reading most of it before. I actually seemed to reference your comments- ironically enough-within my original point, which you stopped reading after Dshauwkn.

Anyway, I love Roy as a talent and your reasoning is coherent. Hell, if Roy woulda gone to Philly this season the original thread might have asked "Is Roy Williams going to outshoot Randy Moss this year"? But alas, he's catching Kitna balls... some will be good. My point was Philly is a MUCH better team and the rookie seems up to the task of playing in the NFL. So to make the kids question out as laughable, which seemed to be the reaction it was drawing, was at the very least up for real discussion. Rather than a simplification of 'Roy Williams without question."

Sorry about the Obama thing, I don't even know where that came from... just trying to sell copy. BFF XOXO

So why is Calvin god while catching Kitna balls and Roy is worse than a rookie while catching Kitna balls?

I wish I thought DeSean was going to be better, I'd trade Roy Williams this second. The fact is, Reggie Brown is coming back soon, and Kevin Curtis might be back late in the season. DeSean Jackson is still a rookie, and no matter how comedic his backwards ball flip was when he scored that TD, it has me concerned. Plays like that show me that yea, he's talented, but he isn't that bright. Then if that wasn't bad enough, they have a video queued up of him doing the same type of shite in a HS game. If that HS blow it, where he lost his team the ball AND got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, doesn't teach him to protect the ball with his life, I dunno if he'll ever get it.

I kinda like this alias, not sure why. Reminds me of JKK, or KKJ, depending on your bored allegiances. :overhead: