Sign in to follow this  
larrymcirish

"always play your studs". how long is "always"?

my 1st 2 picks were s-jax & mjd. then i got forte & k smith. under the theory of always playing your studs, how long do you give them? we have nothing left on the ww & i hate to count on rookies. however, i'm not getting jack-**** out of my studs.

Who said they were studs? Hell, I'd trade Stephen Jackson for a higher waiver-wire pick position right now. The Rams could be the worst team in football this year. To say that could be this year's 2007 Dolphins isn't exactly a stretch.

Who said they were studs? Hell, I'd trade Stephen Jackson for a higher waiver-wire pick position right now. The Rams could be the worst team in football this year. To say that could be this year's 2007 Dolphins isn't exactly a stretch.

i agree. i had no idea the o lines for the rams & jax would be so bad.

I'd give SJax another week. Two unfavorable matchups after missing most of camp. I think STL won't be quite as bad as they have shown. If nothing good happens this week then you can start to panic. SJAX for a higher waiver wire pick is just ridiculous...

These two guys were my first 2 picks. :doh: Luckily Im 2-0 and in 1st place in spite of it.

I started Jackson both weeks and will continue to do so. The Rams are bad but their schedule gets a little easier and I still thinks S Jax will get his. He was decent for me last week with his 7 receptions in PPR and the rushing yards should come. The Rams were just as bad last year and the O-line was even worse and S-Jax was still very solid down the stretc. Im still optimistic for the time being.

As for MJD he has not gotten off my bench yet and Im sitting him again this week in favor of Turner and Chris Johnson. Im still trying to be optimistic with him and like some of his matchups coming up. The Jags resigned Naole at guard, the starting Center will be back in a few weeks, and I think their offense will begin to play better. Im shopping him for a QB right now but I think he will have better value in a few weeks when he gets going. He did nothing the first 3 weeks of last year as well.

Id have a hard time benching Jackson unless he continue to do nothing. If you have other options like I do fortunately I would suggest playing them over MJD for the time being. He does have a good mathcup with Indy w/o Bob Sanders this week though and gets Houston next week when he should make his debut in my lineup.

Patience is a virtue but I do understand how the slow starts by these two have many owners very frustrated. Im confident that they'll both come aroung though. I HOPE. :overhead:

Guest BernardPollardFan
my 1st 2 picks were s-jax & mjd. then i got forte & k smith. under the theory of always playing your studs, how long do you give them? we have nothing left on the ww & i hate to count on rookies. however, i'm not getting jack-**** out of my studs.

Always play your studs until they prove that they're not studs.

2 weeks were plenty of time to show Palmer to the bench.

Guest BernardPollardFan

I think it'd be a stretch to get a higher waiver pick for an NBA player in fantasy football. :banana:

i picked Sjax in the first and MJD in the 3rd! and, like someone else mentioned, i have Chris Johnson too! This week i think I'll be starting Jackson, CJ3, and Michael Bush.

MJD is on the bench, until he proves something like say 4.0 ypc. Although this week's matchup vs. the Colts does make me want to play him.

I gotta think that Steven Jackson is going to improve over the year. There's a new offensive system there, so give them half a season to see how the results are. i'm hoping on Jackson to get his game stats up to something around 125 total yards, 5 receptions, and a TD. then he'll be decent. HOWEVER I really wish i had taken Frank Gore instead! why couldn't i pull the trigger on the 'out-of-the-box logic?!?!

Re-Draft:

1st round Gore

2nd Reggie Bush

3rd Calvin Johnson

4th Brandon Marshall

I'm also a firm believer of never bench your studs, but.......this week might be an exception for me. I have S.Jax against Sea (keeper), Lynch against Oak and Turner against KC. Last week, I beat myself up on who to bench; having Turner go off while on my bench the week before, but I stuck to my studs and benefitted.

This week however, I think I might have to bench Jackson. I think he will have a solid day, but Lynch and Turner have such a high ceiling, that I have to start them.

MJD is NOT nor has been a stud yet in his career.

When did MJD become a stud? Oh it was that short string of games his rookie year when all the RBs but him were hurt? Are you guys still drafting MJD because of that?

When did MJD become a stud? Oh it was that short string of games his rookie year when all the RBs but him were hurt? Are you guys still drafting MJD because of that?

actually, i compiled a list of projections from 7 sports web sites, including this 1. mjd was ranked right up there.

These two guys were my first 2 picks. :headbanger: Luckily Im 2-0 and in 1st place in spite of it.

I started Jackson both weeks and will continue to do so. The Rams are bad but their schedule gets a little easier and I still thinks S Jax will get his. He was decent for me last week with his 7 receptions in PPR and the rushing yards should come. The Rams were just as bad last year and the O-line was even worse and S-Jax was still very solid down the stretc. Im still optimistic for the time being.

As for MJD he has not gotten off my bench yet and Im sitting him again this week in favor of Turner and Chris Johnson. Im still trying to be optimistic with him and like some of his matchups coming up. The Jags resigned Naole at guard, the starting Center will be back in a few weeks, and I think their offense will begin to play better. Im shopping him for a QB right now but I think he will have better value in a few weeks when he gets going. He did nothing the first 3 weeks of last year as well.

Id have a hard time benching Jackson unless he continue to do nothing. If you have other options like I do fortunately I would suggest playing them over MJD for the time being. He does have a good mathcup with Indy w/o Bob Sanders this week though and gets Houston next week when he should make his debut in my lineup.

Patience is a virtue but I do understand how the slow starts by these two have many owners very frustrated. Im confident that they'll both come aroung though. I HOPE. :headbanger:

You need to be feeling pretty good to get Turner and Johnson in your draft. You've got serious depth. I would consider benching your top 2 guys this week also for Turner and Johnson based on their matchups. I don't know if I'd be trying to trade MJD for a QB right now though. MJD's value sucks right now. I'd probably sooner move Turner or Johnson if I were you. Turner plays on a bad team that has looked good against the Lions so far only. Johnson is a rookie and if he keeps getting 15-20 touches per week, could hit a wall. Seriously, the buzz about him in fantasy circles is amazing but look at his past. He only started a full season at RB in his senior year I believe. He could easily hit the rookie wall.

If I were the OP though, I would not bench MJD for Kevin Smith.

I'm starting MJD over Lendale White this week. Lendale has a good matchup and has good potential to get into the endzone but I like Jax this week in Indy. No Sanders, the patchwork OL finally has been together a couple weeks now, Del Rio talking about getting MJD the ball more. I'm sticking with MJD.

In the TD heavy league I play in, he's finished 7th and 8th overall the last 2 years. I'd consider him a borderline stud and he's the perfect #2 to my #1 in Barber.

I'm drafting MJD because of his results in the past and because his ceiling is much higher than that.

in what universe do you live that SJAX is a stud?

he had 1000 yards and 5 td last year? :cheers:

stud = puts up #'s consistently

I am in the same boat with the exception of Forte. Stay the course.

I think this is the week MJD breaks out. I expect a TD and 100 yards. As for Jackson, his o-line and team are terrible but RBs have had stellar seasons with terrible teams before. S-Jax is the unquestioned starter, will get 20 touches a game, plays in a system that has historically been friendly for RBs, and is the best weapon they have. I couldn't bench him yet.

In my money league, I overlooked Jackson and took Frank Gore. This was completely by accident. In every other draft, Jackson was gone by the 3rd pick. In my money league, the first round went:

1. AP

2. LT

3. Westy

4. Addai

5. Marion Barber (homer pick by our league Cowboys fan/dumbass/current first-place manager)

I had the 6th pick. Jackson was sitting right there, but I didn't notice. We were drafting live but in a Yahoo conference room so I didn't have access to the board that the Yahoo draft client provides, and I just flat wasn't paying attention. I was already locked in on Gore because 6th was the highest I'd picked in any draft in any league up to that point. I just never planned on SJax because he hadn't been there. I got Gore, was roundly jeered and laughed-at by my peers, and the guy who picked 7th grabbed SJax and gloated.

I can't tell you how glad I am now to have been a bonehead then. :dunno:

In my money league, I overlooked Jackson and took Frank Gore. This was completely by accident. In every other draft, Jackson was gone by the 3rd pick. In my money league, the first round went:

1. AP

2. LT

3. Westy

4. Addai

5. Marion Barber (homer pick by our league Cowboys fan/dumbass/current first-place manager)

I had the 6th pick. Jackson was sitting right there, but I didn't notice. We were drafting live but in a Yahoo conference room so I didn't have access to the board that the Yahoo draft client provides, and I just flat wasn't paying attention. I was already locked in on Gore because 6th was the highest I'd picked in any draft in any league up to that point. I just never planned on SJax because he hadn't been there. I got Gore, was roundly jeered and laughed-at by my peers, and the guy who picked 7th grabbed SJax and gloated.

I can't tell you how glad I am now to have been a bonehead then. :doh:

Funny. You're calling the guy who's leading your league, who picked the RB who's #2 overall in RB stats right now, a dumbass. Meanwhile you "overlooked" SJax in the first round of the draft? You weren't paying attention in the 1st round of a money league draft? Who's the dumbass?