Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

time to Trade Warner?

A lot of us with Warner, drafted him as a backup. He is coming off a great 3 TD game. While he should put up decent numbers all year, his schedule is somewhat tough and I don't expect a lot of games like last week. Are you keeping him or trading him? If you have already traded him, what were you able to get?

I traded Jamal Lewis and Warner for Eddie Royal and Brandon Jacobs. I wanted a more consistant #2 RB and a better #3 WR. I was going to get away with just trading Warner for both of them, but then someone else offered the guy Eli Manning so we had a little bidding war.

I disagree about the tough schedule. I think he has a really easy one and could easily put up 2-3 TD a game.

Hmmm... the guy has been the best FF QB over the last 10 regular season games dating back to last year. He has the best WR tandem in the league. Unless he gets hurt, he will likely put up MVP type numbers. I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now. In fact, if you have a "big name" QB in front of him, I would trade them as their name value alone will get you a stud in return. Trade for this guy, dont trade him away!

Really tough to trade him. He's posted great stats going back to last year. He's a top 5 QB if he stays healthy. Problem is, he is prone to concussion, and he's not the most mobile guy. One good hit and he's gone. And with the organization wanting Leinart to be the starter, if Warner gets hurt and Leinart produces Warner could stay on the bench (unlikely, but possible).

If you can get a good deal for him, I'd move him. But I don't know what someone would be willing to give up for an injury prone QB, no matter how well he's playing.

Really tough to trade him. He's posted great stats going back to last year. He's a top 5 QB if he stays healthy. Problem is, he is prone to concussion, and he's not the most mobile guy. One good hit and he's gone. And with the organization wanting Leinart to be the starter, if Warner gets hurt and Leinart produces Warner could stay on the bench (unlikely, but possible).

If you can get a good deal for him, I'd move him. But I don't know what someone would be willing to give up for an injury prone QB, no matter how well he's playing.

I'm pretty sure the guy who drafted Anderson, Hasselbeck, Kitna, Roth(inj), Brady, Favre, etc would love to have a guy who is going to put up three TD's a game.

I picked him up last year and this year also on waivers. I'll ride him til he starts to fade away, but I wouldn't trade him.

I'm not so sure his schedule is THAT tough. He does get San Fran once more (at home) and the rest of the NFC West twice.

The OOC schedule is kind of a beast, though. Teams traveling from out west to the East Coast tend to fare poorly, and he's on the road at Washington, NYJ, Carolina, Philly, and New England. Those could all be potentially rough matchups given the time differences, especially the next two weeks.

Still, with those weapons, he's a bona-fide stud at this point. I wouldn't trade him for less than another stud in return.

I was able to trade Warner and Pierre Thomas for Carson Palmer and Maroney in a redraft. Seemed like a good buy low for me all of them are reserves. Not so sure now...

I agree with the other poster, why trade him? There is a very good chance he could end up a top 3 quarterback this year. Trade your other q.b's and keep Warner.

If Warner, Boldin, and Fitz stay healthy, there is no way Warner is not a top 5 QB at the end of the yr IMO.

I'm predicting Warner gets banged up this week. The Skins are focusing on disrupting wr routes and putting lots of pressure on Kurt. I'm not hoping he gets hurt, but he sometimes tends to hold onto the ball too long waiting for wr's to get downfield. Granted every defense tries to put pressure on him, but I've got a feeling the Skins are gonna be successful.

Hopefully he'll be patient, get rid of the ball early when needed and not try and force anything.

Well, the only reasons to trade him would be having another very good QB or thinking he might not keep up the high level of production. I don't see the production dropping off, but I have Rivers who has had 2 3TD games to start the season and I like his schedule better than Warner's the rest of the year. I also think Warner has more value right now thatn Rivers because of how well he finished last year. I just can't see keeping one of them on the bench when I could trade for an upgrade elsewhere.

If you could trade Warner for someone legit then you should absolutely go for it. The Warner as of late as been a nice option during the beginning part of the season but slowly becomes more inconsistent as the season wears on. So, I strongly suggest you trade him sooner rather than later. I have a tough time believing some of the trades people have posted but more power to you if you guys actually were able to pull those trades off. Maybe the two $100 leagues that I am in are full of people that are just totally unwilling to trade.

Cheers,

Ryan

I've got Warner on my bench behind Peyton and it may be the other way around if Warner has another huge game this week.

If you could trade Warner for someone legit then you should absolutely go for it. The Warner as of late as been a nice option during the beginning part of the season but slowly becomes more inconsistent as the season wears on. So, I strongly suggest you trade him sooner rather than later. I have a tough time believing some of the trades people have posted but more power to you if you guys actually were able to pull those trades off. Maybe the two $100 leagues that I am in are full of people that are just totally unwilling to trade.

Cheers,

Ryan

:blink:

WTF are you talking about?

Warner was the 2nd most successful fantasy q.b. behind Brady the 2nd half of last year. He wasn't even the starter for the first two games and still finished with 27 touchdowns.... 21 of those were over the last 8 games of the season. He had 3 touchdown passes in each of the last 4 games. mmmkay.

DA was my first drafted QB but I knew if I got Warner he'd start until Cleveland's schedule eases up AND Warner's numbers drop. Right now, the starting QB on my team is Warner's job to lose. No way you trade him right now.

I traded him this week in a 3 for 3 deal. Stringent roster requirements and have Brees-who I would not bench. Wanted to upgrade my D which scores very big in this league, so here's the trade.

I gave Warner, Rosario and Jax D and recieved Casell, Owen Daniels and Minnesota.

TE was another problem, as I waited and got jobbed on Scheffler going the pick before me in the 11th round. This is a 12 teamer w/18 man rosters FWIW.

i've got both warner and cutler. and i'm keeping them both. bwahahaaaa. arrrrrrrr.

:pointstosky:

Unless you start 2 QBs in your league ( :unsure: ), then the only benefit of having both is potential injury to one of them. Otherwise, I would deal one of them to improve another starting position.

In a 10 team redraft league I just traded Warner and Marvin Harrison for Calvin Johnson and Carson Palmer. What you think?

i think calvin and carson both play on offenses weaker than the us economy.

Unless you start 2 QBs in your league ( :pointstosky: ), then the only benefit of having both is potential injury to one of them. Otherwise, I would deal one of them to improve another starting position.

i'm keeping them both for insurance. i have both marshall and fitzgerald as well, and i'm the #1 team in my league. as long as i'm on top, i'm not gonna help anyone else in the league get better.