Sign in to follow this  
HenryChinaski

Pats Homers - Is Maroney/Jordan going to play?

Sammy Morris is really going to be a great play - if Maroney and Jordan don't play.

Does anyone have any kind of local/inside info?

If Morris gets most of the carries this week, he could easily go for 120+total yards and 2+ TDs. The Pats running game would always have that much potential, if only they didn't run 4 RBs every week.

If he gets the start, I'll probably be starting him over MJD, even though MJD could finally break out this week, as I'm really not scared of the Colts D, especially without Bob Sanders.

So what do you guys think? Are you starting Morris, if so, over who?

A very reliable source on another board says that Maroney and Jordan will both be held out. The fact that the Pats resigned Eckel this week also says that the two are likely out.

Starting him in one dynasty over Maroney, Ahmad Bradshaw and Fred Taylor at RB #2 (unfortunately).

Starting him in another dynasty over Maroney, Chris Perry and Anthony Gonzalez at my Flex.

I have heard Jordans injury is nothing, and he will be the one to play, he ran very well last week. The Pats dont want to give Miami anything to work with, the old Belichick secret, they signed Ekel cuz of Mahroney and that is all, Jordon was fine last week all the way till the end of the game...if he can finish the game dont u think a weeks rest will allow him to play? Jordon will end up being featured back soon enough.

Thanks for the word guys.

Even if Jordan were to play, I'm thinking that Sammy Morris would still be a pretty decent play. With a game like this, there should be plenty of carries to go around..

I just got an update from Fantasy Index, and they do expect both Jordan and Maroney to be OUT.

This is great news, he really has a chance to go off!

I have heard Jordans injury is nothing, and he will be the one to play, he ran very well last week. The Pats dont want to give Miami anything to work with, the old Belichick secret, they signed Ekel cuz of Mahroney and that is all, Jordon was fine last week all the way till the end of the game...if he can finish the game dont u think a weeks rest will allow him to play? Jordon will end up being featured back soon enough.

Jordan didn't practice all week.

If there ever was a week to start Morris it's this one. Morris has been a great runner since the Pats signed him. His problem is he's a poor blocker (see Brady injury :thumbsup: ). He won't be in on many passing downs even though he's a good reciever out of the backfield. You'll see plenty of Faulk today too.

I'd say he's good for probably 80 yards or so with a td and possibly more. Not bad for a guy who's probably still on waivers in a lot of leagues. The problem is his role will be back to rbbc once Jordan and Lomo are back.

The PATS also like sticking it to teams they play with their former players. Expect Sammy and Wes both to get opps at the endzone. :unsure:

From what I can gather, Jordan will not play and Maroney will be likley not start, but may play some. I think Morris would be the only RB for NE this week even worth a start.

Maroney is listed as OUT. Eckel is out

Jordan is not on the inactive list.

It'll probably be Sammy> Jordan, with Faulk in there as well, especially catching balls out of the backfield.

Not certain, but that'd be my GUESS, since Jordan hasn't practiced because of some injury sustained last week.