Sign in to follow this  
GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

With Green replacing Bulger

Production up, down about as pathetic? I've been offered Holt and McGahee for MJD and if Holt could get back to his production years past it would really help me at receiver where I am struggling. Wonder how everyone sees this situation.

Honestly dude, here's what I've seen from the Rams this season. Trent Green won't affect Holt at all. With how crappy their oline is, Green is going to get hurt and it'll be back to Bulger. If for some reason Green doesn't get hurt, I don't think Holt's numbers can get any worse. The real question is, when is Drew Bennett (I think he's their #2?) going to come back and play. That could actually help Holt a little bit. But as it stands right now, defenses have no respect for the air attack, and for good reason.

I think you'd be better off searching the waivers for a Brand Lloyd type player than having Holt. I am a Holt owner, he was my first WR selected and good GOD what a waste. I truly hope he does start to get balls thrown within 10 feet of him. I'm benching him next week (people on here will tell you to "never bench a stud," well if Holt is a "stud" then my grandpa would also be a stud in the NFL).

-A disgruntled Holt owner

I think you'd be better off searching the waivers for a Brand Lloyd type player than having Holt. I am a Holt owner, he was my first WR selected and good GOD what a waste. I truly hope he does start to get balls thrown within 10 feet of him. I'm benching him next week (people on here will tell you to "never bench a stud," well if Holt is a "stud" then my grandpa would also be a stud in the NFL).

-A disgruntled Holt owner

Lloyd isn't on our waiver wire, as a matter fact the best options on WW in this league are Ike Hilliard, Hackett and Ginn Jr. Not exactly a stellar group. I'm not desperate at receiver since I have Chris Chambers, Jericho Cotchery and Donald Driver but I would definitely feel better with one standout guy in that position.

Oh I feel for ya. I am very familiar with how bad the Rams are this season. I'm just glad I don't have Steven Jackson on the roster. I just wonder if that offensive line could possibly get it together. Trent Green has spent alot of time in Al Saunders' offense. I just have this prevailing feeling that he is going to make quicker decisions than Bulger and if he can get even a little better play from the line I could see a big bump in all Rams offensive production. It hasn't been that long ago that Green was one of the most prolific passers in the NFL. I know it was before he got his "brains scrambled" but I just get this feeling that he is going to spark that offense. I know I'm in the minority, maybe even soitary but I guess we'll just have to see how things shake out this weekend.

The knee-jerk answer is the Rams suck because their o-line and defense sucks, so it's doubtfull that Green will fare any better than Bulger. But at this point, I welcome any change to try to get something going. I've read Green's arm strength sucks which is why he's always favored dumping the ball off to RBs and TEs like he did with the Chiefs. Maybe that'll increase the value of Jackson and McMichael.?. Doubtfull, but they certainly can't do any worse.

While Bulger hasn't played well, he isn't the reason for the Ram's problems. Reguardless who is under center, Holt will have a few big games here and there, but cannot be relied on consistently.

This is a picture of Torry Holt on the BiPolar Bears Bench with Bulger as QB:

:mad:

This is an updated picture with Green as QB:

:overhead:

If the Rams homers can answer this one question.. I know the Ram front office is a joke.. but how can let a division rival in the Seahawks, audition ever friggin' WR not collecting a paycheck and they not do a thing to get someone opposite Holt?

Is it Dane Looker right now.. Drew Bennett if he ever comes back? It's just pathetic. Speaking of re-treads, why can't Reche Caldwell and his bug eyes do something about this? :cheers:

Holt was my first WR as well and he's killing me. BUT, when I drafted him I knew the Rams would be awful (granted, not THIS awful) and I drafted him knowing that he would have a rough first half of the season. But look at the 2nd half schedule:

Sun 11/2 Arizona 1:00 pm

Sun 11/9 at NY Jets 1:00 pm

Sun 11/16 at San Francisco 4:05 pm

Sun 11/23 Chicago 1:00 pm

Sun 11/30 Miami 1:00 pm

Sun 12/7 at Arizona 4:15 pm

Sun 12/14 Seattle 1:00 pm

Sun 12/21 San Francisco 1:00 pm

Other than Chicago, it looks pretty enticing to me! The Rams should be able to establish the run against these D's and set up Holt pretty nicely, especially in the playoff weeks. So I'm holding on to him as my #3. That's also due to the fact that I can't trade him at this point. :clap: